The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread
I Like being a Hunter. :)

Soloed Brumeran, a 58 Elite Chimera in Winterspring. :)

Was >< that close to not losing Muurka too... :(

Big Image of Brumeran Dead!
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Catlyn,Feb 8 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:I Like being a Hunter. :)

Was >< that close to not losing Muurka too... :(

Big Image of Brumeran Dead!
[right][snapback]67554[/snapback][/right]

Nerf hunters. ;)
I'm sure it will get old after the 1,000th flight, but it sure is a kick the first time.

[Image: FirstFilght.jpg]

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Tal,Feb 8 2005, 12:11 PM Wrote:Nerf hunters. ;)
[right][snapback]67557[/snapback][/right]

:P

I get to be the Queen of Solo PvE in exchange for Sucking Royally in PvP and having No real role in a group.
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
Catlyn,Feb 8 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote::P

I get to be the Queen of Solo PvE in exchange for Sucking Royally in PvP and having No real role in a group.
[right][snapback]67577[/snapback][/right]

I don't know, Muurka has had her share of "tanking" duty in our tankless instance runs. Who wouldn't want a Voidwalker and DPS pet as their tanks?

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Feb 8 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:I don't know, Muurka has had her share of "tanking" duty in our tankless instance runs.&nbsp; Who wouldn't want a Voidwalker and DPS pet as their tanks?

- mjdoom
[right][snapback]67583[/snapback][/right]

Yes... I and Muurka can serve as a tank, and a Damage dealer... we can pull... But a Mage can do more damage, and a Warrior or a Paladin can tank better... Muurka can do crowd control about as well as a Paladin, maybe a little better, but not nearly so well as a Warrior.

Yes, we're usefull in a group, and can serve a couple of different roles adequately if there is no better alternative, but there's always someone that can do whatever we're asked to do better.

...no, I'm not complaining. Not even a little... that's the way it should be. Hunters are the most self sufficient class, and as such, shouldn't be the Best at anything.
Catlyn,Feb 8 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote::P

[right][snapback]67577[/snapback][/right]

Pffft. I've never turned a hunter away from a group and the only classes a paladin truly fears are shadow priests and.....hunters. (Shamen to a lesser extent - it works out to be 50/50.)
Catlyn,Feb 8 2005, 03:02 PM Wrote:But a Mage can do more damage
[right][snapback]67588[/snapback][/right]

Bzzzzt! Try again. Mages are third in total damage output behind Rogues and Hunters. Mages only pull ahead when they're hitting three or more targets at the same time. Or did you think my complaining about your crits was whitewash?
Skandranon,Feb 8 2005, 03:29 PM Wrote:Bzzzzt!&nbsp; Try again.&nbsp; Mages are third in total damage output behind Rogues and Hunters.&nbsp; Mages only pull ahead when they're hitting three or more targets at the same time.&nbsp; Or did you think my complaining about your crits was whitewash?
[right][snapback]67593[/snapback][/right]

Hunters can certainly do a lot of damage. I've seen hunters even pull aggro off of a warrior briefly when they unload with a full volley of fire. Typically on the high end I hear Hunters talking about their 1000+ crits all the time. Mages couldn't dream of that except in the case of hitting multiple targets as far as I understand. Plus, your physical damage output is going to be clutch against certain mobs in Scholomance :)

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Catlyn,Feb 8 2005, 12:03 PM Wrote:I get to be the Queen of Solo PvE in exchange for Sucking Royally in PvP and having No real role in a group.

Hunters are good at PvP, and they become *excellent* in group PvP situations which tend to be more ranged affairs.
Yeah, I'm still mid-level with my Hunter, but I tend to... mercilessly rip all casters into tiny, meaty bits. And, 1v1, most other classes tend to be... at least possible to kill, with proper kiting, some wing clip, and an effective pet.
Skandranon,Feb 8 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:Bzzzzt!&nbsp; Try again.&nbsp; Mages are third in total damage output behind Rogues and Hunters.&nbsp; Mages only pull ahead when they're hitting three or more targets at the same time.
[right][snapback]67593[/snapback][/right]

I don't think so.

At level 60:
Mages pull aggro off my pet all the time. At least they would if they tried. I was told they hold back a bit to avoid getting aggro. The only way I can pull aggro off my pet is if I crit aimed shot (upwards of 2000 damage) or use rapid fire (+40% fire rate, 5 min cooldown).

If you put a hunter and a fire spec'd mage side by side, and have them both attack an armorless, resist-less target with everything they have, the mage is still going to outdamage the hunter, although not by much. The caveat is that mobs take about 30% less physical damage due to armor, while, if I'm not mistaken, large majority of them don't have any significant fire resistance.

If both a mage and a hunter are in a party, I'd say that the mage will do 30-50% more damage than the hunter, assuming the mobs have no fire resist, there is a tank that can hold aggro well, and the mage's downtime isn't considered.

That's against single targets. There's no dispute that mages are kings when it comes to AOE.
Catlyn,Feb 8 2005, 08:59 AM Wrote:I Like being a Hunter. :)

I've soloed Scarlet High Clerist, a level 63 elite, but Brumeran is probably tougher as it does more damage.
Bah. Critted over 2000 last night. All my aimed crits exceed 1700 now. (Gorewood bow 4tw!) Standard shot is close to 300, crits over 6.

The big difference I see between me and the mage: if I get aggro, disengage + pet takes it right off me again. Worst comes to worst, feign.

So yea, mages can feel free to exceed my damage by a bit. Hell, you can double it. I'll take mana-less shots, disengage, feign death and pets any day :)

Of course, mages get to teleport and portal.. grumble grumble..
Trucidation,Feb 9 2005, 04:18 AM Wrote:Mages pull aggro off my pet all the time.&nbsp; At least they would if they tried. I was told they hold back a bit to avoid getting aggro.&nbsp; The only way I can pull aggro off my pet is if I crit aimed shot (upwards of 2000 damage) or use rapid fire (+40% fire rate, 5 min cooldown).
[right][snapback]67639[/snapback][/right]

My experience is exactly the opposite: Hunters that want aggro get it, unless the mage goes into hyperdrive mode with Arcane Power. That said, the question is damage, and one has to factor pet damage into it as well, since the pet wouldn't be there without the hunter. Pets are not an inconsiderable source of additional damage.

As for fire resistance - it gets far more common late game. BRD's Fire elementals are just one example. I shudder to think of the Molten Core and how Fire spec mages are going to suffer.

And to keep this thread topical: What happens when a School of Fish gets into shallow water?

[Image: flyingfish9ki.jpg]

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Skandranon,Feb 9 2005, 12:06 PM Wrote:And to keep this thread topical:&nbsp; What happens when a School of Fish gets into shallow water?

[Image: flyingfish9ki.jpg]

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
[right][snapback]67697[/snapback][/right]

Looks to me like garden variety flying fish. :D Or maybe, levitating fish . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 9 2005, 02:11 PM Wrote:Looks to me like garden variety flying fish.&nbsp; :D&nbsp; Or maybe, levitating fish . . .

Occhi
[right][snapback]67698[/snapback][/right]

Maybe they are PC fish, using that floating PC Hack...

Hacker fish?
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Skandranon,Feb 9 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:As for fire resistance - it gets far more common late game.&nbsp; BRD's Fire elementals are just one example.&nbsp; I shudder to think of the Molten Core and how Fire spec mages are going to suffer.

Many fire mages respeced to cold in the beta when they started doing a lot of Onyxia and Molten Core runs for this very reason.
A small contribution to this thread.

After playing a week in US open beta back in november 2004, I managed to pick a slot in 2nd phase Europe beta.

Of course I played my favorite class, the priest.

In trying to finish a serie of eleven quests she had a meeting with the Loch Ness Monster.

[Image: 15605045-O.jpg]

I made about one hundred screenshots last week, this is one of the funniest.

(At lvl.24 it was a bit too difficult solo, but with help I finished the quest later)

Greetings,

Maggellann

ps.: English is not my first language, so instead of forgiving me for mistakes I make, please correct them and let me know about it, after all, thats the only way to improve.
Ah, syntax!

[Image: Bridesmaids-Dresses.jpg]

Hardly a screenshot, but good for a laugh on my way to work!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!