The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread
Thanks Drakarst for posting this, i forgot to get some shots of us running amok in the Undercity. The most amazing part of our journey was somehow i survived attacking Lady Sylvana. I must have had 5-6 Elite death guards on me, but Divine shield and run, run, run allowed me to get to a safe spot. And then, lo and behold, i got cornered by 3 Horde. They waved and saluted me, then killed me. It was definitely one of the funnest moments i have had in WoW.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Casting beast lore on a lvl 55 elite tyrant devilsaur in Un'Goro Crater!
Amazing damage and HP.
His size in the pic doesn't even do him justice, he is way bigger in person!

Too bad he can't be tamed :blink:

[Image: hard.jpg]

What is the padlocked bag that I've seen in a number of these screenshots? A quest reward?
Boutros,Jan 28 2005, 05:12 AM Wrote:What is the padlocked bag that I've seen in a number of these screenshots? A quest reward?
[right][snapback]66573[/snapback][/right]
Yes - from Uldaman IIRC.
MongoJerry,Jan 24 2005, 03:03 AM Wrote:Please already have them converted into JPEG and cropped the way you want it.
[right][snapback]66220[/snapback][/right]

Is there any particular reason for JPEG? PNG and GIF are lossless formats, so they won't make the image degrade at all.

Edit: Okay, looks like JPEG isn't too bad degredation and has a huge benefit in size. Curse Blizzard for making their world too detailed!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I've just got my first item of "Superior" (blue color) quality, the "Robe of Arugal" :)

[Image: wow_item_robe_of_arugal.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Flying to Booty Bay.

[Image: statue7dv.jpg]
Trucidation,Jan 30 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:Flying to Booty Bay.

[Image: statue7dv.jpg]
[right][snapback]66738[/snapback][/right]

Hehe. That photo BEGS for a caption contest!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Just an update here, folks: the reason Mongo hasn't put any of these up is because there's a bug in the STSI script that's preventing him from uploading. He's too nice to get on my case about it publically.

I am working to correct this...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Not very interesting really, but I've got a few screenshots that contain things, which exist. That's interesting enough, I guess.

The undead are officially 'Metal.'

Nothing much going on, but a fun comment in the chat log, I suppose.

Empty Quest Log. Something I had actually never seen. Really, if you don't have any quests, then why would you look?

I rebel against my guild's stringent greeting techniques.

Alliance and Horde together, after a hard day of killing eachother... boxing. Too bad I didn't get a screenshot of the level 60's boxing, while wearing nothing but tabards.

Adolph here tanked for my party for a while. He was cool.

Not sure how Interesting they are... but here they are :)

The Fabulous, Fearsome Fivesome! (6, really... Muurka gets so upset...)
[Image: Fearsome_Fivesome.jpg]

I didn't know Hippogriffs mated in Flight! I wish someone had told me it was mating season, and I would have taken a Boat!
[Image: Doin_It.jpg]

And... [respirator breathing]I have completed my journey to the Dark Side!
[Image: Arrr.jpg]
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Have you ever wondered why there seems to be a haze in the air in Feralas? The answer revealed:

[Image: wow9.png]

The picture I didn't get was of him waving his mallet in the air to clear the stench. :D
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Feralas also has a tourist trap (for those who don't have slow fall).

BOMBS AWAY......

[Image: wow10.jpg]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Feb 4 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:Feralas also has a tourist trap (for those who don't have slow fall).

If you look around up there, there should be a vendor who sells parachutes. At least, there was one there in the beta.

By the way, Bolty got the STSI upload thing working, so start sending in those pictures. Woohoo!
The moral of this screenshot is that while you can't sucessfully swim from Orgrimmar to Azshara, you can find a nifty waterfall and empty boat. Ideally you will have a Shaman and some fish oil handy so you can actually get into the boat.

[Image: wowscrnshot1.jpg]
MongoJerry,Feb 4 2005, 07:07 PM Wrote:If you look around up there, there should be a vendor who sells parachutes.&nbsp; At least, there was one there in the beta.
[right][snapback]67219[/snapback][/right]
Yes there is. Thus, the tourist trap. The NPC down below draws you in by asking you if you want to see the view from the top. When you get there, the only (non-slowfall) way to get down alive is to spend the 20s on a parachute. Tourist trap = lure them in and get their cash. :)

Now to add one more that gave me a "hey look at that" moment. Does anyone else see what I see in the mini-map?

[Image: wow11.png]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Feb 5 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:Now to add one more that gave me a "hey look at that" moment.&nbsp; Does anyone else see what I see in the mini-map?
That'll make you do a double take.

I felt kinda left out not putting something up, so I remembered I had grabbed this screenie a few days ago. Warning: Image is still full size to show detail (about 1 mb)

I was just entering Stormwind when a group of 5 level 60's came to town with Reginald Windsor and an Infernal, so naturally my interest was piqued and I followed along. Apparently I wasn't the only one surprised to see it though, as the horse next to me decided to make an interesting maneuver.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
The gentleman in this shot stacked the effects of Elixir of Giant Growth, Winterfall Firewater, and some third effect that I'm not familiar with, but when I moused over it the text read something to the effect of "Grow - Magic: All Grown Up". Later he turned into a ghost wolf that was larger than a Kodo, but I didn't get a shot of that.

[Image: wowscrnshot2.jpg]
The Grow result is one of several random effects that can be applied to you by the witch doctor-in-training in the troll village near the Orc/Troll starting area.
I organized a Horde raid on Azjol-Nerub tonight that was very fun.

200 Horde raiders showed up to do their duty. When we got to Stormwind, we crashed the entire server. Twice. :)

Welcome to Darkshire

Titanic Ahoy

Overflow for Zeppelin #2

Saddle Up