nobbie is in the EU Final Beta!
Leshy,Jan 12 2005, 05:23 PM Wrote:This topic really is about flaunting your Beta Keys, is it not? :P

May Diablo strike down upon you lucky few! So there.

Lucky? :rolleyes:

Not in my case, having tried and tried to get into the beta with no luck whatsoever, and I really want to try out this game to see if it's worth paying the monthly fee. I just went and bought the WoW pre-order (Europe) for the final beta key. Paying to try a beta, sad. <_<

The cahsier told me I can return the pre-order disc and get a refund if I do not like the game, even though the deposit for the pre-order is just a very small sum. He then went on saying he had tried the beta but didn't like it, something about it being just another MMORPG, not his type of game, blah blah blah.

Didn't leave a very good impression on me, but I will check it out myself nevertheless, thank you very much.
- SoulEdge -
"*burp* too many pots, I need to pee..."
SoulEdge,Jan 12 2005, 05:48 PM Wrote:Lucky?&nbsp; :rolleyes:
At least you live in a country deemed important enough to receive preorders with beta keys included :(
Quote:Didn't leave a very good impression on me, but I will check it out myself nevertheless, thank you very much.
[right][snapback]65133[/snapback][/right]
I played a week or so in the US beta, and I absolutely loved the game. It does depend on whether this type of game appeals to you or not, but it does have a strong Blizzard feeling to it, which in these parts should be a bonus :)
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
nobbie's 2nd WOW (Beta) Character: Undead Warlock "Cressida", also named after a moon of planet Uranus

[Image: WOW_UD_Warlock_CRESSIDA.jpg]

I can't help, but Warlocks - like Necromancers in Diablo II - are still the coolest soloing class, plus you get nice controls over what your minion does in WOW. And Undead girlies just look sweeet! :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I got sent a Euro Beta key a couple of days ago, but I don't need it since I'm already playing on the US servers. So if there's anybody that still wants to get into the Final Beta but didn't get a key, I could provide one.

Just send me a PM. :)

Edit: My Euro Beta key now has a new owner. Have fun, Leshy. :shuriken:
JackieDaniels,Jan 13 2005, 03:42 PM Wrote:Just send me a PM.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]65217[/snapback][/right]
:w00t:

Consider it sent!
Thank you very much :)

Consider my firstborn yours :P

Edit: Oops, wrong place in the thread tree. It's not the excitement, honestly :whistling:
Be damned my slow reflexes! *sniff sniff*
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
/rant

Gah! 79+ hours of downloading and still it's not done! My patience is wearing thin.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

How big are the patches?

Arena.net should sell their streaming technology for big bucks and make the gamers worldwide be rid of massive download once and for all!

*grumble grumble grumble*
- SoulEdge -
SoulEdge,Jan 13 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:How big are the patches?
[right][snapback]65264[/snapback][/right]
The first one is just under 40Mb, the second one is very small.
Leshy,Jan 13 2005, 11:04 PM Wrote:The first one is just under 40Mb, the second one is very small.

Thanks.

Do we have to use the ehem... (refrain self from using profanity) Blizzard downloader or is it conventional download?
- SoulEdge -
SoulEdge,Jan 13 2005, 11:52 PM Wrote:Thanks.

Do we have to use the ehem... (refrain self from using profanity) Blizzard downloader or is it conventional download?
[right][snapback]65286[/snapback][/right]
Best get out the profanity, because it's the former.
A screenshot with my Undead Warlock "Cressida" in the sewers of the capital "Undercity" in the "Tirisfal Glades". The hanging skulls in the background are road signs to the various quarters in Undercity, like the Mage Quarter where the Warlock Trainer can be found. I could post more of that awesome city, but it would definitely spoil your own experience. I would like to know how many hours it took to design, build and texture that place in 3D :D

[Image: WOW_Undercity_Sewers.jpg]

PS: I'm surprised how well the game still runs on my 56K dial-up modem.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I am FINALLY in (after 90+ hours of downloading), woohoo...?

Souliedge is a human mage in EN Beta 1.

Let the noobism begins!
- SoulEdge -
SoulEdge,Jan 14 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:I am FINALLY in (after 90+ hours of downloading), woohoo...?

Souliedge is a human mage in EN Beta 1.

Let the noobism begins!
[right][snapback]65338[/snapback][/right]
Have fun! :D

Look, Claudia Schiffer has been seen shopping in Undercity today !! :P

[Image: WOW_Claudia_in_Undercity.jpg]
My troll is such a poser too :(

[Image: troll1.jpg]
I wish all of you be turned to chickens!

And keep those screenshots rolling :D
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Jan 15 2005, 10:35 AM Wrote:I wish all of you be turned to chickens!

And keep those screenshots rolling :D
[right][snapback]65469[/snapback][/right]

Here are some more screenies with my Undead Warlock from yesterday :)

A "Ghost" creature at the Agamands Mill's (a quest you get in Brill will lead you there). This is the first difficult area for a young, soloing level 8-9 Undead Warlock without a "Voidwalker" yet. The next challenging area will be the "Whispershore" beach with numerous, very mobile "Vilefin" mobs. Beware the numerous "Rattlecage" skellie soldiers and mages at Agamand's Mills. Especially dangerous at this erly stage without a "Voidwalker" is a skellie mage/soldier combo attacking you (melee combined with strong ranged attacks). Even if both are just level 7, and you and your imp are level 8-9, you'll most likely die if you don't step back. Try to escape and then take out the melee attacker first from a safe distance. I always see a good handful of corpses from other unsuspecting players lying around there when I visit that area :)

[Image: WoW_Agamands_Mills_Ghost.jpg]

A "Cursed Darkhound". Also a common creature that can be very dangerous if two of them attack you and your fragile imp summon in the early stages of the game.

[Image: WoW_Cursed_Darkhound.jpg]

My Undead Warlock "Cressida" at level 9 (almost 10) - "Voidwalker", here I come! :w00t:

She has just tailored her first Red Robe with tailoring at level 40. Looks nice, doesn't it? :)
Tailoring and Enchanting is my profession recommendation for an Undead Warlock.

[Image: WoW_UD_Warlock_CRESSIDA.jpg]