Poll: Now that the new Lurker Lounge look is in place on the main site, what style of logo picture would you prefer to appear to the left of the "Lurker Lounge" text in the title bar area?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Style 1
4.76%
4 4.76%
Style 2
13.10%
11 13.10%
Style 3
20.24%
17 20.24%
Style 4
34.52%
29 34.52%
Style 5
15.48%
13 15.48%
Style 6
11.90%
10 11.90%
Total 84 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Logo Image Poll!
4, just do it! :P
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I can't view the image to see which style I like best :( The operation times out when attempting to contact www.mydestiny.net...

--Copadope
Common sense says 4 should win.

1, 2 and 3 are similar.

5 and 6 are similar.

4 is relatively unique.

4 would only lose if it was particularly disliked relative to the other 2 general styles.

For the record, I prefer 4.
Ghostiger,Jan 2 2005, 02:02 AM Wrote:Common sense says 4 should win.
[right][snapback]64116[/snapback][/right]

Just because 4 is unique among the given choices, it should win? I don't understand your version of "common sense".

I like 4, but I prefer 3. But hey, this is why there is a poll.
Yes it does.

Its like an general election with with 3 Demoratic canidates and 1 Republican canidate. Odds are high that the Republican canidate will win.

Or imagine that we had a poll to pick our favorite pet and the options were - Red dog, Black dog, White dog and cat. What would normally be a much closer compition between dogs and cats turns in a runaway decision for cats.

I use the word "common sense" because I dont want make the effort to qualify which features betwen the first 3 and the last 2 make them "similar". It could be done, but its obvious to most of us that the icons fall into 3 general groups.
Ghostiger,Jan 2 2005, 09:36 AM Wrote:Yes it does.

Its like an general election with with 3 Demoratic canidates and 1 Republican canidate. Odds are high that the Republican canidate will win.

Or imagine that we had a poll to pick our favorite pet and the options were - Red dog, Black dog, White dog and cat. What would normally be a much closer compition between dogs and cats turns in a runaway decision for cats.
I use the word "common sense" because I dont want make the effort to qualify which features betwen the first 3 and the last 2 make them "similar". It could be done, but its obvious to most of us that the icons fall into 3 general groups.
[right][snapback]64128[/snapback][/right]
Then, I think #4 is the "Evil Lurking Eye of Doom" party. Which is why I voted for it.

Edit: Oh, and at the moment, 5+6 < 1+2+3 < 4.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Ghostiger,Jan 2 2005, 08:36 AM Wrote:Yes it does.

[right][snapback]64128[/snapback][/right]

I actually agree here, and since 3, does seem to have the edge over one and two (right now 1+2+3 = 25, 4= 25 and 5+6 = 19), I wouldn't mind seeing a 3 v 4 v ( 5 or 6 since they are virtually tied). Before the final choice is made.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Jan 2 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:I actually agree here, and since 3, does seem to have the edge over one and two (right now 1+2+3 = 25, 4= 25 and 5+6 = 19), I wouldn't mind seeing a 3 v 4 v ( 5 or 6 since they are virtually tied).&nbsp; Before the final choice is made.
[right][snapback]64131[/snapback][/right]

The curious part of me wants to know how people would vote in a match up of 3 v 4 v 5or6.

But the other (and thankfully more dominant) part of me realizes this is rather silly. I don't believe the final decision should be up to us at all. There will always be another 'well we should compare 4 v 6' or 'the results were skewed because it was a vacation weekend and most lurkers weren't around, lets go back to 1 v 3.'

My vote is to not vote past this thread. In Bolty I trust; there has to be some one who makes a final decision. With a general feel for lurker opinion, I think that's all Bolty should need to make an educated decision on the symbol.

Perhaps if people were screaming 'no way should we let number 6 in' things might be different, but we all (appear) to come to a general consensus that all of them are great, past that its just personal opinion on which.

Cheers,

Munk
How many members do we have again? Around 2260 right? Then why have only 71 people voted? Come on guys! Show some Lurker Spirt! :shuriken:
I have my own signature. Yay.
Zafarium,Jan 3 2005, 01:46 AM Wrote:How many members do we have again?&nbsp; Around 2550 right? Then why have only 71 people voted?&nbsp; Come on guys!&nbsp; Show some Lurker Spirt! :shuriken:
[right][snapback]64184[/snapback][/right]

REAL Lurkers would never get caught dead posting!
A poll is actually a good tool for taking a census on online message boards :)

I voted for number three. I'm surprised #4 got that many votes. It looks sort of skewy to me. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be grand and epic once it adorns the top of the front page.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Same here, 4 just looks kind of odd to me so I say 3.
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
DeeBye,Jan 2 2005, 11:58 PM Wrote:REAL Lurkers would never get caught dead posting!
[right][snapback]64185[/snapback][/right]

/w DeeBye from Ivana_Guinness (*Occhidiangela) One can vote without posting, thus remaining beneath Lurk detection radar horizon.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Looks like #4 wins in a landslide. Even if you went via "styles," the totals of #5 and #6 don't even add up to #4.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jan 11 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:Looks like #4 wins in a landslide.&nbsp; Even if you went via "styles," the totals of #5 and #6 don't even add up to #4.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]65055[/snapback][/right]
But the styles of 1, 2, and 3 do. ;) Even just 2 and 3 tie 4. ;)

Ah well. I voted. That's all I could do, even if I think number 4 is hideous. It's not like it's that completely crucial anyway. I know a few webmasters who wouldn't even put it to a vote so I can't complain. :D
Intolerant monkey.