Islam
Hello,

I would like you to discuss about Islam and the Koran;I have read a great part of it,and frankly it makes me feel sad/angry.I'll tell you why later.
Has anyone read the whole Koran?
For those who are experts in Islam,I would like you to tell me what are the goals and the teachings of Koran/explain to me,later,some of the quotes that I'll post in this thread.

If it's a taboo topic,I'll understand,and I'll give it up then.
Abramelin,Dec 29 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:I'll tell you why later.
[right][snapback]63880[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes:
DeeBye,Dec 30 2004, 02:18 AM Wrote::rolleyes:
[right][snapback]63883[/snapback][/right]
As you wanted quotes,feel free to ask more;and by the way,try to explain these ones;but I am sure that you are unable to understand anything about the Koran
Sura 5:
Quote:51. O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust .
Quote:29. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Abramelin,Dec 29 2004, 11:04 PM Wrote:As you wanted quotes,feel free to ask more;and by the way,try to explain these ones;but I am sure that you are unable to understand anything about the Koran
Sura 5:
[right][snapback]63887[/snapback][/right]

Yes, because there is nothing whatsoever in the the Christian Bible that says bad things about other religions.
edited
edited
[Image: dynamitemonkey.jpg]

Stop taunting the Dynamite Monkey!

And do not taunt Happy Fun Ball either.

Flee this place, this foe is beyond the lot of you!

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Think about it. If somebody came in here and posted "I would like you to discuss about Christianity and the Bible;I have read a great part of it,and frankly it makes me feel sad/angry.I'll tell you why later." then that thread would be deemed flamebait pretty much immediately. So, I don't know why it would be OK to demonize another religion that way.

I think that it is possible to have a thread that discusses some specific concerns about the implementation of a particular religion. Occhi had a thread about Islam a while back that comes to mind. It is a touchy subject, and I don't agree with his conclusions, but he was quite careful in writing his post to make sure that it went deeper than mere flamebait. The link is here.

I'm not sure it would be possible for this particular thread to do that. I will need to lock it. If you really are looking for a discussion of Islam, you will need to be more specific in your questioning, and a little bit more careful.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete