Generic Lurker Lounge thread
This is actually 2 posters arguing with each other. It takes 59 replies (each) to complete this conversation, since the 'thread' has to be maintained)

<Replies to wrong post, confusing everyone and offending the person accidentally replied to>

<Quotes someone quoting someone who posted a screenshot of someone's image. Inserts own image.>
[Image: coolest1.gif]
<DeeBye complains about people saving image in the wrong format.>

Quote:But how is the government going to run this?
You are a communist nazi elitist capitalist facist pig.

<Uses new formatting to try and find a new meaning>

Well, if we look at the dictionary <quotes this entire page http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=run> we can see that the word 'run' has many different meanings, and since meaning B does not make sense in this context, your argument is clearly flawed, despite other meanings making sense. <Quotes Nietzche>

I blame you personally for the downfall of the Lounge, since I was here in the Lounge Alpha testing period, and it wasn't this bad then, and you are a new poster <said to Lemming>, so you're obviously wrong. lol stfu roflmao wug :shuriken:

It has promptly manifested itself as though you are exerting yourself into being my more recent, oppugnant anathema on these convokatative fora, and thusly I shall lambast you with my incomprehensible, yet not entirely reprehensible, terminological inexactitudes. It is not my intent to discombobulate you with my sesquipadallian, neologistic sentences, yet I would assume you would cogitate into comprehension my perfectly conjecturable floccinaucinihilipilificatious ripostes.

/edit: Grammar
//edit: Spelling
///edit: Misspelled 'grammar"
////edit: Added disclaimer
/////edit: Removed disclaimer, as anyone who can't understand without the disclaimer is a doltish rube.
\edit: Insert random Firefox plug here.
\/edit: Ask if I should explain the reason for my base 6 Roman numeral editing slashes.
*Lurker begins a discussion on the merits of actually calling soccer "football" because the initial premise of the thread has grown tiresome and this member wishes to divert the discussion away from the cesspit it's clearly headed for.*

The 3 Lurkers who can actually use the threaded view then begin a subthread about how it's inappropriate to hijack a thread in this manner when their discussion is rudely interrupted by members that are using the standard view and simply clicked the "Reply" button on the most recent post to continue the discussion on base 6 Roman numerals.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
I think the following totally refutes your hypothesis;

The Ransburger Pivot

Edit: Token misplacement of reply to Ryd's post.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Claims one's self to be laughing while doing extreme feats involving rolling and falling despite the fact just a small grin has ever surfaced on said one's surface followed by one of the below options:

1) Question, remark or answer to a small and/or insignifcant(sp?) detail in New Poster's ™ post.

2) Witty or otherwise unrelated reply

3) Belated reply to above unrelated reply stating the joke is best fit for those of the age below a tiny and at times negative number of winters.

"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Occhidiangela,Dec 29 2004, 06:52 AM Wrote:Group B

You forgot:
-Reverse flattery to deflate situation and encourage poster to rethink. "YXZ is not up to your usual posting standard/ I read your post expecting a better thought out response."

:P
whyBish,Dec 30 2004, 08:47 PM Wrote:You forgot:
-Reverse flattery to deflate situation and encourage poster to rethink.&nbsp; "YXZ is not up to your usual posting standard/ I read your post expecting a better thought out response."

:P
[right][snapback]64012[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm, maybe, but somehow I think it would be best to put that one on the desert page, Group C, for when one wants more than a fortune cookie after all that filling mental food. That one seems like it would go better with a little cup of green tea. :whistling:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
jahcs,Dec 29 2004, 11:24 PM Wrote:*Lurker begins a discussion on the merits of actually calling soccer "football" because the initial premise of the thread has grown tiresome and this member wishes to divert the discussion away from the cesspit it's clearly headed for.*

The 3 Lurkers who can actually use the threaded view then begin a subthread about how it's inappropriate to hijack a thread in this manner when their discussion is rudely interrupted by members that are using the standard view and simply clicked the "Reply" button on the most recent post to continue the discussion on base 6 Roman numerals.
[right][snapback]63901[/snapback][/right]

Adds to pointless argument about english vs. U.S. language, brings up more words.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Random post from self-proclaimed mascot.

Random facts from a minority perspective.

Reminder of poster's gender and how it is 1337 and female.

Female poster.

Female.

Remember to read this post for the information it contains, for to do otherwise would make you un1337.

Remember, minority.

Cute forum mascot.

Female.

PS: An injoke that only DSFers/RBD/AB folks would understand. Mentioned only to enhance poster's 1337ness.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Agrees with F, brings up valid point as to why all should agree with F.

Relates F to a real life experience and asks if anyone has had a similar experience.

Makes with the humor. :shuriken:

EDIT: Added mr :shuriken:
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Long, confusing paragraph about subject that sounded better in my head than written down.

"Reminds me of (something halfway off topic)", extra paragraph adding to description.

On a side note: people is another word I've been typoing lately as "peopel"

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Possibly starts pointless male vs. female argument.

<Insincere self-effacing apology for late reply>

<Pointlessly tardy season-related expression of good will>

<Totally sincere expression of admiration for site owner's achievements in site design, function, and staffing>
Zyr

*Jahcs pauses Lurking to post a reply that amounts to no more than mental thumb twiddling*

*Resumes Lurk* :ph34r:
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Jan 4 2005, 06:55 AM Wrote:*Jahcs pauses Lurking to post a reply that amounts to no more than mental thumb twiddling*

*Resumes Lurk* :ph34r:
[right][snapback]64266[/snapback][/right]

Post of shock and amazement praising a rare sighting of an actual Lurker.

Reminds forum about own personal 1337ness.

In-joke.

Female.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Jarulf,Dec 28 2004, 06:18 AM Wrote:So it is old and used, but I still like it. It exists in many variants and I think it was initially written for usenet or possibly some mail list (haven't been able to find who initiall wrote it up). I made some smaller changes to suite a forum.
How many Lurkers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the forums that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the forum that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to write to the forum administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this forum

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this exchange to the Off Topic forum

203 to demand that cross posting to the Grammar, Spelling and Illuminati forums about changing light bulbs be stopped

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and to post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum

33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and signatures and then add "Me too"

12 to post to the forum that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters read the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago in the WoW forum?"

67 to ask "what's WoW?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

5 to propose a new "change lite bulb" forum

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
[right][snapback]63709[/snapback][/right]

Brief agree/disagree remark following needless inclusion of entire large post.

Tells anecdote about something similar happening in D1

Reproves other posters for confusing variant and build
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Contrived pun only peripherally related to the original subject.

Restatement of the obvious.

Typo.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
[Image: imagemacro.jpg]
[edit by forum admin admonishing poster for inapropriate material]

Member places new post with dehurtful retraction.
The Bill of No Rights
Random post bringing thread back from the dead but saying very little.

Large sig.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete