Generic Lurker Lounge thread
[Edit: double post]

Newly-registered forum member makes arbitrary seemingly-innocent comment that incites the wrath of at least six veteran posters while adding nothing of value to the thread. Thread necromancy preferred if possible.
Quote:Random post bringing thread back from the dead but saying very little.
Large sig.
<delurk>Hi!</delurk>

/edit: Notes that his number of posts are the 2-5th numbers of the Fibbonachi sequence. Get's de-nerdified by his mispelling of said sequence.
Quote:[Edit: double post]

Newly-registered forum member makes arbitrary seemingly-innocent comment that incites the wrath of at least six veteran posters while adding nothing of value to the thread. Thread necromancy preferred if possible.

Includes obscene sexual innuendo concerning necromancy. Intent highly clouded, thus enabling escape if called on by other posters-- main escape tactic will be to accuse posters of having no humor and thus should go out and acquire "lives" that this poster supposedly has much of.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
**Quietly ponders if he could steer this in to another death penalty discussion thread and wonders if Occhi can be bribed with coffee**

**Kicks self for thinking out loud.**

:w00t:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Insert witty one liner meant to provoke (pretentious) philosphical thought regarding previous poster's reflection and to provide a "lesson of the day" on the dangers of speaking too soon.

*Watches the Matrix Trilogy and continue to spit out one liners mentioned above.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:**Kicks self for thinking out loud.**

**Kicks Doc for thinking out loud.**
Quote:**Quietly ponders if he could steer this in to another death penalty discussion thread and wonders if Occhi can be bribed with coffee**
:w00t:
*Indicates a negative.* :shuriken:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
*Looks around and is clearly confused*
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
*instructs Mith to RTFM*
The error occurred on line -1.
Quote:*instructs Mith to RTFM*

TFM
So, how 'bout them Steele*whack**thud*

Shuffling sounds as thread posters hurry back to battle stations.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Quote:Standard rogue reply, or series of replies. For each reply, choose one from group A and two from Group B

Group A

-Rambling and facetious comments related to posted topic
-Bridge/transition to different topic using initial subject as springboard
-Comment that Eurotrash needs to be aware that anti American posts will elicit caustic reply, regardless of original post's direction
-Snide remark about something related, sorta, to the topic
-Rant induced by an overdose, again, of caffeine
-Discussion on the Illuminati (thanks Jarulf :lol: ) and how they fit historically into the military or religious history of the topic addressed in the fifth reply, in counterpoint to the 19th and 27th replies
-A reminder that Bolty, our congenial host, and Gris, our traffic cop with a heart of gold, do their thing for free -- please stop whinging about "freedom of speech" on the Lounge.

Irrelevant interjection by ancient lurker, almost two years after the thread died.

Inside joke, intended to make only a handful of people laugh.

Tortured pun, intended to make only one person laugh (but lots to moan and groan).

Vicious gratuitous attack against somebody perceived to be attacking others viciously and gratuitously.

Snotty lecture about obscure subject matter only tangentially related to anything else in the thread.

Rambling series of paragraphs that say the same thing over and over and over and over.

Pathetic greeting directed at the four people who still remember who I am, in a vain attempt to redeem an otherwise worthless post.

- Signature (offset by a hyphen)

[Image: ember-mini.gif]

Brings back up long standing PK debate in hopes of starting the flamewar of the century.

Looks for allies with asbestos underpants.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Looks for allies with asbestos underpants.

Curses the day he threw out his asbestos underpants for new improved anti-carcinogenic underpants.

Proceeds to misunderstand post and asks other loungers what their underpants are made out of.

Signature preceeding "Cheers" - even though poster is in no way British or part of a culture with embraces said term

Shortened nickname version of already nick name board name.
Hi,

Quote:*instructs Mith to RTFM*
Wonders if this is the FM being discussed. Tries to hijack thread in the direction of edible massage oils.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Hi,
Wonders if this is the FM being discussed. Tries to hijack thread in the direction of edible massage oils.

--Pete

Takes the hijack and runs with it by relating massage oils to a story pertaining to petroleum jelly. Rants about the oil industry as a result.

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Quote:Takes the hijack and runs with it by relating massage oils to a story pertaining to petroleum jelly. Rants about the oil industry as a result.

NoMaD
Posts links to electric car, and nuclear power generation, advocacy pages. Waits for the various and sundry Greeens to short circuit their brains at the synergy.

Sips coffee.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Irrelevant interjection by ancient lurker, almost two years after the thread died.
Expression of shock by board admin at posting of ancient Lurker presence.

Inability to remember previous arguments with ancient presence.

Wonderment at where time flies.

-hyphenated signature
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Expression of shock by board admin at posting of ancient Lurker presence.

Inability to remember previous arguments with ancient presence.

Wonderment at where time flies.

Delight at expression of shock.

Gloating over having a stronger memory.

Failed attempt to rekindle previous arguments, followed by expression of shock at not being able to remember what they were either.

Blathering paragraph saying nothing at all but using lots of words to say it.

Warm wishes.

- Signature (offset by a hyphen)

[Image: ember-mini.gif]

THREAD NECROMANCY!!

(Because someone had to)