Why?
Griselda,Dec 8 2004, 10:43 PM Wrote:Hah.  It took me a second to realize there was a scrollbar there, Ashock.  You got me.  :lol:
[right][snapback]62309[/snapback][/right]

Believe it or not, that was done entirely for your benefit B)

-A
Ashock,Dec 9 2004, 12:20 AM Wrote:Believe it or not, that was done entirely for your benefit  B)
-A
[right][snapback]62319[/snapback][/right]

I figured as much. You win. ;)
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Dec 9 2004, 12:38 AM Wrote:I figured as much.  You win.  ;)
[right][snapback]62323[/snapback][/right]

I'm going to Disneyland!

-A
Ashock,Dec 9 2004, 10:20 AM Wrote:I'm going to Disneyland!  -A
[right][snapback]62347[/snapback][/right]

Spell check says, dear Ashock, that you are going to Disneyline. We grammarians can be soooo touchy . . .

*ponders the prospects of using rat poison on Mickey Mouse. Realizes that it is useless because*

"Celluloid heroes, never really die."

A +2 mana grand charm goes to whoever can cite the song and group that first sang that lyric.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Count Duckula,Dec 8 2004, 11:07 PM Wrote:My Japanese exam. I doubt anybody in our class'll smoke that exam. Kumazawa-sensei expects a lot out of us kanji n00bs.
[right][snapback]62317[/snapback][/right]

Just remember:

"iie, gomen nasai, wakarimasen." :P

Sorry, but I just can't seem to find that hiragana emulator I used to have. Romaji will just have to do.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Occhidiangela,Dec 9 2004, 10:15 AM Wrote:"Celluloid heroes, never really die." 

Occhi
[right][snapback]62352[/snapback][/right]

Kinks?

-A
Hi,

Count Duckula,Dec 8 2004, 08:33 PM Wrote:Ashock = Pete without the coffee[right][snapback]62283[/snapback][/right]
Not sure what you mean by that, perhaps you've confuse me with the overcaffinated rogue. However, least the wrong information take root, I am by preference a tea drinker, but not in public places. That's because one cannot get tea in most public places, just floor sweepings in tepid water ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Dec 14 2004, 10:24 PM Wrote:Hi,
Not sure what you mean by that, perhaps you've confuse me with the overcaffinated rogue.  However, least the wrong information take root, I am by preference a tea drinker, but not in public places.  That's because one cannot get tea in most public places, just floor sweepings in tepid water ;)
[right][snapback]62844[/snapback][/right]

Ah. Then to correct the analogy,

Ashock = Pete without his morning cup of tea

I can't perfect the analogy yet, as I still have a buttload of work to do before I leave for home and I'm not sure how the Lurkers would feel about me rating them on the Vitriolic Scale.

BTW, ISTA on the tea. I like to steep my darjeeling until the bag falls apart.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Hi,

Count Duckula,Dec 14 2004, 04:04 PM Wrote:BTW, ISTA on the tea. I like to steep my darjeeling until the bag falls apart.[right][snapback]62846[/snapback][/right]
Oh, my. A bag? A tea bag? Ah, please make the pain go away! ;)

Check out this site for a decent intro to things *really* tea. I find their Darjeeling rhapsody 22 to be fairly good (for a darjeeling). Boiling water, five or six minutes and it is not too bad. However, trying to brew a strong, dark cup of tea with a darjeeling is an exercise in futility. If you want strong, dark, and good, try their Ceylon Sonata. It'll brew up darker with less bitterness.

By the way, the cost for loose tea is much less (per cup) than for bags. You get a lot bigger choice. You can *blend* your own mixutes. And you can get two or more infusions (each with its own characteristic) out of the big loose leafs in a way the powder in bags would never do.

I simply use a pot sized tea infuser (never use one of those tea balls or eggs, there isn't enough room for the leaves to expand) in a big (20 oz) Starbucks mug. That way, I can brew a 'pot' at a time and drink it all by myself :)

Have fun over the break,

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Count Duckula,Dec 14 2004, 06:04 PM Wrote:Ah. Then to correct the analogy,

Ashock = Pete without his morning cup of tea

I can't perfect the analogy yet, as I still have a buttload of work to do before I leave for home and I'm not sure how the Lurkers would feel about me rating them on the Vitriolic Scale.

BTW, ISTA on the tea. I like to steep my darjeeling until the bag falls apart.
[right][snapback]62846[/snapback][/right]

Ooh rating on the Virtriolic Scale... if I win, do I get a kewpie doll?

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Count Duckula,Dec 14 2004, 03:04 PM Wrote:...rating them on the Vitriolic Scale. ...
Would that not be the pH scale, then? Considering that we are talking merely about battery acid— so named in the days before the automobile battery.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Holy Cow ! How many times can we change subjects in one topic ? :lol:

I just gotta say "Hi" to some of my favorite people !!

<--not banned
<--I knew Griselda was a "she" :blush:
<--didn't know hannukah was smokable :whistling:
<--Ohiyogazymus !! (I know its spelled wrong :P )
<--I've been to DIsneyWorld - I don't think you can safely take out Mickey , he has far too many clones / look-a-likes wandering around
<-- I prefer coffee over tea
<-- slips and falls down after stepping on Rhyd's discarded AA batteries :wacko:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Just to clarify: Hannuka is smokable although it takes dangerous maneuvers involving not setting one's self on fire

And on a side note: I seem to have lurking for a lot lately, I'm the only one without any subtitle :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Dec 18 2004, 02:26 PM Wrote:Just to clarify: Hannuka is smokable although it takes dangerous maneuvers involving not setting one's self on fire

And on a side note: I seem to have lurking for a lot lately, I'm the only one without any subtitle :)
[right][snapback]63121[/snapback][/right]

Are these french or english subtitles?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Ashock,Dec 9 2004, 12:33 PM Wrote:Kinks?
-A
[right][snapback]62364[/snapback][/right]

You win again!!!

That is a streak, two in a row!

Well done, sir. I doff my chapeau

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Dec 18 2004, 10:02 PM Wrote:You win again!!!

That is a streak, two in a row!&nbsp;

Well done, sir.&nbsp; I doff my chapeau

Occhi
[right][snapback]63131[/snapback][/right]

Well, we seem to have at least somewhat similar tastes in music, so it was not that big a deal to recognise it :-)

-A