Where do people's forum names come from?
swirly,Dec 5 2004, 10:12 PM Wrote:In the show they have a character who references certain space phenomena as swirly things and when he saw one would declare that there was a swirly thing alert.
[right][snapback]62001[/snapback][/right]

Would that be Holly or the cat? Could have been either, Holly having an IQ of 6000 and all, and the cat, being, well, the cat.
Should the cat be capitalized? or with a K or something?
The Cat
the Cat
Cat
The Kat
the Kat
Kat
Help me out here....

Caught a lot of those shows when they were on PBS (public broadcasting), good stuff, I plan on buying the series from Best Buy or wherever when I have the money.
Back in the days of Starcraft I would play online (oooOOOooo). Had a bunch of different names, mostly nonsense kind of stuff (see: every other post in this thread). Eventually I was going to (re)name myself Demented_Zergling, alas, that name was too long for the little box, so I went with Retarted_Hydra. Not realizing (probably from lack of sleep) that I had spelt it wrong, instead of changing it, I thought it was rather fitting, being a retarded hydralisk and all.
Now being a retarted hydra is a tricky buisness, you can't just go around saying "hello" and "howdy" and "watz up dog" to people, oh no, you need to greet them properly, like how a (retarted) hydra would, so I would join a game and type "grarrrg" (being the best way I knew how to spell the noises that they made when they made noises). The most common reply was "huh?" followed by me saying "I'm a hydra, that's the noises I make", followed by "whatever"

Enter Diablo. Played around with various names for a while =:^{)- was one of my preferred, but like Prince for a while, quite hard to pronounce, let alone type easily. For some random reason I chose Grarrrg from back when I was a retated hydra.

It's unique, if you Google it you'll only find postings by me, referrences about me, or people pretending to be angry in their "blogs" or whatever you youngins call them nowadays. There's even a rather creepy DragonBallZ Fanfic with my name in it... check that... VERY creepy DBZ fanfic (I read about a paragraph and had to stop). But yeah, having 3 r's in a row in the middle of your name helps make sure that it isn't already taken by someone else.

BONUS FACT: You'd think that with a name of graRRRg I should be good at rolling my r's when speaking. I'm not.

:shuriken: NINJA SMILEY :ph34r:
Hm. I always though of Hydralisks saying noises like :

"eeeyaha" (That wierd breathing in thing they do when you click on them)

"waaa" (what they do when you tell them to move)

Grarrrg does make sense though
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Grarrrg,Dec 6 2004, 12:20 PM Wrote:Would that be Holly or the cat? Could have been either, Holly having an IQ of 6000 and all, and the cat, being, well, the cat.
The Cat
the Cat
Cat
The Kat
the Kat
Kat
Help me out here....

Caught a lot of those shows when they were on PBS (public broadcasting), good stuff, I plan on buying the series from Best Buy or wherever when I have the money.
[right][snapback]62053[/snapback][/right]

DBZ guy=scary.

Whoa. :blink:
I have my own signature. Yay.
Grarrrg,Dec 6 2004, 01:20 PM Wrote:Would that be Holly or the cat? Could have been either, Holly having an IQ of 6000 and all, and the cat, being, well, the cat.
The Cat
the Cat
Cat
The Kat
the Kat
Kat
Help me out here....

[right][snapback]62053[/snapback][/right]

It is Cat who does the swirly thing alerts. As to how to write his name. Well its definately with a C. Sometimes it does feel like it needs a "the", but I think his name is just "Cat" and so it probably should be without the "the".

PBS is where I used to catch the episodes as well. They aren't very reliable in the airing of them though. So to make up for that I've downloaded all the eps and then am buying the dvds as they are released here in America. So that means I have the first 4 seasons on dvd at the moment. Seasons 5 and 6 should be released around late April. Then its another year long wait for seasons 7 and 8. That should take care of all the seasons, but hopefully by then the movie that they are making will be getting close to done. After that there is no telling what will happen. I'm not aware of any word on if they are going to go back and do more seasons or if they are hoping to do more movies instead or what. Lets just hope the movie is good and so they can carry on in some manner or the other. :)

Alot of the actors in the show are doing other things now, so it may be tough to continue making any more Red Dwarfs. Craig Charles is doing Robot Wars. Robert Llewellyn (best guess at spelling heh) is doing junkyard wars (or was the last time I checked). Chris Barrie was in both Tomb Raider movies and has done several other british series. Danny John Jules was in Blade II. I believe Normal Luvett (the guy who plays Holly, don't know how to spell his last name either) is doing well with some comedy tours. So they are all keeping busy. Hopefully they will decide that its worth doing more though. All we can do is hope.
'Tis Brythonic (P-Type) Gaelic for "He who hurtles angry kittens at his foes." Commemorating the Battle of Arderydd where the King of Dun Breatann defeated Guenddolau by shooting his pet cat Tinkles across the line— into Guenddolau's lap— with a carroballista.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Dec 7 2004, 06:22 AM Wrote:'Tis Brythonic (P-Type) Gaelic for "He who hurtles angry kittens at his foes." Commemorating the Battle of Arderydd where the King of Dun Breatann defeated Guenddolau by shooting his pet cat Tinkles across the line— into Guenddolau's lap— with a carroballista.
[right][snapback]62089[/snapback][/right]

That's what I thought! :)

:blink:

:lol:

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I have had this name for many years , he was my first D&D character .

Red Dwarf has to be one of the funniest shows ever , Cat's orange swirly thing alerts :) , You may be disappointed with series 7 , either Rob Grant or Doug Naylor had left , which meant that the remaining guy rehashed a lot of old stuff which was very unfunny , not only that but "Kochanski" joined the show and Rimmer left :( , Kochanski was a different actress from the original and she was'nt very good . But still , it has its moments , series 8 gets back on track , Rimmer comes back , yay :D , I had every episode taped , now I am collecting the DvD's .
Take care
My handle is actually a cuss that a Q3A bot threw at me. I just found it cool and stuck with it.
In games, though, I generally like to choose random names like 'Frost' (for a shooter), 'Berkashyr-Nimsu' (like, you know, Diablo) or 'Adrianotulan' (for Civilization I).

I know that fragbait isn't quite unique, and is used heavily on the net. I even had to adjust it when trying to take a yahoo account. But to you, I'm fragbait, and that's fine to me.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Baajikiil is the name of one of my favorite GURPS characters. He is a hobgoblin, hence the outlandish name. He is currently still in active play, about 6 years into his first (most likely only) campaign.

I try to use current GURPS characters as my handles, so usually they change every few years. Baajikiil has been lasting an abnormal length of time; my GM plays hardball. We all usually kick the bucket, ending the campaign, well before we actually finish it.
Originally, I was signing up for an EZboard account, and I wanted something that wouldn't be taken already. So I threw a bunch of random syllables together and got Dekazingy. When I came here, I scrambled it into Zingydex, and I've used the two handles pretty much everywhere since then.
Abramelin comes from my book 'history of esotersim';not being able to find solutions in this material world, I turned to esotericism/philosophy to get answers.
About Abramelin :
The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage is said to have been an English translation of a 15th century Hebrew work written by Abramelin the Jew to his second son, Lamech. It is considered a classic text in modern occult circles, and Aleister Crowley held it in high esteem. In it, a famous German Jew named Abraham the Jew (1362-1460) describes the six month (or longer!) operation taught by Abramelin the Mage "to seek the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel" (HGA) and thus further his magickal studies. This tedious ritual requires daily dedication and focus with the intent of awakening your HGA from deep within you.