What's your homepage?
Something I got into a conversation with my friend today really grabbed my interest: What do people generally use as their homepage? I use Google (A+ for convienience, F for originality), but he uses some obscure website I had never heard of and can't even remember now. So, what do other people use as their homepage? Any strange ones out there?

:ph34r:
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Google
I use Google.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
This may sound strange, but I use the Lurker Lounge Forums. I hardly ever post but i enjoy reading them. A lurker in the true sense of the word. :ph34r:
I have my own signature. Yay.
Yahoo. Dunno why though.
My start page is a blank one. I don't visit the same places in the same order every time I open up Firefox, so why have it point to the same page every time? :)
Intolerant monkey.
My Fantasy Leagues (ala Yahoo), so that I don't forget to make fun of my friends as I beat them ;)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
about:blank

Being on a laptop, I'm not guarenteed to have internet everywhere I go, and I often use my browser offline to access resources on the hard-drive (Java API, PHP API, etc) and therefore it would be highly annoying to have a page attempt and then fail to load every time Firefox is opened. Well, not that I ever really shut it down. :P
http://hls.deflektor.com/forums/index.php It's kind of dead as of now, because we basically moved ourselves to a new site because of the amount of unwanted attention we received from people the likes of myg0t :(. It's still my homepage though, as I have neglected to change it.
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Nomad25055,Dec 8 2004, 08:57 PM Wrote:http://hls.deflektor.com/forums/index.php It's kind of dead as of now, because we basically moved ourselves to a new site because of the amount of unwanted attention we received from people the likes of myg0t :(. It's still my homepage though, as I have neglected to change it.
[right][snapback]62256[/snapback][/right]

* Dozer keeps quiet about the time it would take to change it compared to the time it took to write that :shuriken: :shuriken:
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
http://espn.go.com/

ESPN.com for all my general sports headlines needs.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Google.

I use Mozilla, so I have a homepage set. I currently have the following tabs in my homepage set:
Business News
Stock Prices
Stock Prices small caps
Personal portfolio
Lurker Lounge
TV Guide
Hotmail

I also usually add a few pages depending on what games I'm currently playing.
I have a mozilla homepage set, too, and it is as follows:

Lurkerlounge Forums
Chickenfist Forums (Sort of a local forum, it's been really... dead... lately)
Youthrant Forums (Our Honours Liberal Arts class's forum. I really like the fact that we have one. I'm not the greatest speaker in class...)

I have them as my homepages because they're the only things I really check regularly right now. Ummmmm.... yeah.
*Jumps on the bandwagon*
:shuriken:
Lurker Lounge front page. These are the only fora I frequent, and I like to start at the front page in case Bolty updates.
Newyorktimes.com. I also have google, m-w.com, and several forums that I can get to in my toolbar, but I like having the news come up first.

I wouldn't recommend the site to anyone without a popup blocker, though.

Edit- two typos! Aargh!
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
www.arewehavingfunyet.com

It is about as functional as about:blank but I figured, I'm paying for it, I might as well use it for something.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
google.com

I used to have C:\index.htm as my homepage, and in that page I'd just include whatever I used most. I used to have a small Altavista search frame, a few shortcuts, stuff like that. Then I just got tired of keeping it up to date.

I shouldn't really need to have google.com as my start page, sinve Firefox has a google search box, but I'm lazy and can't think of anything else to use :)

Hail,

mine is

www.taucher.net

It's a German language site about scuba diving. I'm on the staff there, so I visit it a little more often than the Lounge.

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Mine is the "general forum" of another board.
However with the LL on my toolbar, it's just 1 click away :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw