Stormrage Tabard Design Selections
All tabard suggestions will be considered Roland. :)

That being said I'm not partial to the crowns or helmets. I fear that the Bnet kiddies will view these as being 1337 or royalty.

I obviously like the lurker hooded man but not enough to make an impassioned plea to keep it. If others like another icon better than that is fine with me.

I like the sword on shield and the book and scroll ones you posted. I like the laurel crown you posted as well.

In keeping with Lav and Roane's desire for a green field:

http://wowvault.ign.com/?dir=guilds&cont...ards&id=75

http://wowvault.ign.com/?dir=guilds&cont...ards&id=11

Would look great on green.

The tree can demonstrate knowledge as can this little guy:
http://wowvault.ign.com/?dir=guilds&cont...ards&id=79 ;)

I'll try to consolidate the Devices into a single poll within the next day or so for a group decision. We can then decide upon colors.
Ruvanal,Dec 3 2004, 07:28 PM Wrote:The two eye pattern does not do good with most of the female forms since it looks more like they are being support cups on them.  Even though the Night Elf female could probably stand to have that at times.  ;)

Yes, exactly. When lem and I were trying to design our beta PvP tabards, we tried out a huge list of icons, and I found on my female night elf character that, well, I think some of the icons were designed specifically to highlight the bossom of the female night elf. (Check out the octopus on a female night elf, for example).

One thing you might consider for your icons is that while some of the icons look all fancy in the tabard selection screen, most of the detail of the icons will be lost when people see the tabard on you in game. Thus, while there are dozens of choices, many of those choices look exactly the same -- like big blobs. That's one of the reasons why lem and I chose the heart. It was very bold, distinctive, and could be recognized from a distance. That reason -- plus the delicious irony of wearing a white on red heart on a PvP server.
In order of preference: 4, 6, 1...

Please, anything bot Gold on BLACK!

Cat
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
MongoJerry,Dec 4 2004, 12:14 PM Wrote:That reason -- plus the delicious irony of wearing a white on red heart on a PvP server.
[right][snapback]61903[/snapback][/right]
That's why that was one of the best tabards I saw on the server. The red background with a white heart was just so hilarious for a PvP setting. I hope you pick something as good for retail, if not the same.

It would be even funnier with the Horde. Picturing an undead with rotting flesh and a lovely red heart tabard. Ahh.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I currently have 2 gold saved towards this venture and would like to keep the discussion moving.

In regards to colors - I have seen a LOT of gold on blue tabards and am worried about becoming a face in the crowd. Thoughts on alternatives or are we dead set on gold on blue field?
Tal,Dec 7 2004, 03:12 PM Wrote:In regards to colors - I have seen a LOT of gold on blue tabards and am worried about becoming a face in the crowd. Thoughts on alternatives or are we dead set on gold on blue field?
[right][snapback]62140[/snapback][/right]

I'd noticed the same thing about the prevalence of gold and blue tabards. I'd like to do something else personally, to help us stand out a bit. (I won't even suggest green! Anyway, it's awful close to blue.) How about gold as a background color? Or back to the red suggested earlier? Other ideas?
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Tal,Dec 7 2004, 01:12 PM Wrote:I currently have 2 gold saved towards this venture and would like to keep the discussion moving.

In regards to colors - I have seen a LOT of gold on blue tabards and am worried about becoming a face in the crowd. Thoughts on alternatives or are we dead set on gold on blue field?
[right][snapback]62140[/snapback][/right]

White on dark green is nice, as would be white on burnt orange, a color similar to the theme on this board. White on dark blue would be a nod to Bolty's Penn State lineage, however, we'd then all have to wear black shoes. :w00t:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
In the interest of keeping things organized, I suggest that we take Tal's top choice and Roland's top choice and maybe a third suggestion and put a limited number of options up for a vote. The current discussion is productive, but we are not exactly forming a clear concensus so much as throwing ideas around (which is useful too). We should also set a clear cut-off time for voting. I would think that if we can put up two or three choices for a vote in a new thread by tomorrow, we could fairly end voting on Saturday at a set time so that the tabard can be created either late, late Saturday night or Sunday.

Not that it is a strong preference, but I think that red looks better to me than blue or green.
JapJaan,Dec 7 2004, 08:34 PM Wrote:In the interest of keeping things organized, I suggest that we take Tal's top choice and Roland's top choice and maybe a third suggestion and put a limited number of options up for a vote.  The current discussion is productive, but we are not exactly forming a clear concensus so much as throwing ideas around (which is useful too).  We should also set a clear cut-off time for voting.  I would think that if we can put up two or three choices for a vote in a new thread by tomorrow, we could fairly end voting on Saturday at a set time so that the tabard can be created either late, late Saturday night or Sunday.

Not that it is a strong preference, but I think that red looks better to me than blue or green.
[right][snapback]62158[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to several donations last night in game we are getting close to being able to afford the Guild Tabard. But I cannot make polls so here are the Icon options. Please post with your choice. I'll attempt to codify these responses into the most popular icon.

Icons

Tabard One

Tabard two

Tabard Three (My wife's favorite by the way)

Tabard Four

Tabard Five

Tabard Six

Borders

The borders available can be seen here

I am leaning towards 3.

Colors (Field and Icon)

Red and Gold (Ie Red field with a gold icon)
Green and Gold
Blue and Gold
Red and Gold

Red and White
Green and White
Blue and White

White and Red
White and Green
White and Blue

I'm trying to stay away from these colors with black as I don't think the Icon will show up well on a darker background.

Thanks folks.

-Tal

Edit: I will be closing this on Saturday at the latest. I may close this early if we have a clear consensus before then.
Apologies to Tal's wife, but I am not a fan of the mugs. Otherwise, I am indifferent on the other icons.

I like border 1, but it's not a strong preference.

I think that red and gold would look nice, but again, it's not a strong preference.

Please feel free to treat this as my proxy for any polls/votes. Thanks.
tabard 1
border 1
red field gold icon
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
What Lochnar said, i.e.

Tabard 1
Border 1
Red/Gold

I'm of two minds on the border, but plain works in the end.

I wouldn't mind mugging for the camera in Tabard 3, though. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Tabard 3
Border 1
Red background, Gold icon
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Tabard 1
Border 1
Gold on Red.

[edited: Changed vote from Gold on Green to Gold on Red]
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Tabard 6 or 2
Border 1
Gold on a red Field

Those're my favorites, but I'm really happy with anything, of course.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
2 or 5
Border doesn't matter
Gold on anything that isn't blue
Tabard 1
Border 1
Red background, gold icon
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Icon choice of 2, 1 or 5 in that order of preference.

Border I consider irrevalent as it is next to impossible to discern unless you are very close.

Color choice of Green or Blue with gold for icon/border.
Tal,Dec 8 2004, 01:37 PM Wrote:Thanks to several donations last night in game we are getting close to being able to afford the Guild Tabard. But I cannot make polls so here are the Icon options. Please post with your choice. I'll attempt to codify these responses into the most popular icon.

Icons

Tabard One

Tabard two

Tabard Three (My wife's favorite by the way)

Tabard Four

Tabard Five

Tabard Six

Borders

The borders available can be seen&nbsp; here

I am leaning towards 3.

Colors (Field and Icon)

Red and Gold (Ie Red field with a gold icon)
Green and Gold
Blue and Gold
Red and Gold

Red and White
Green and White
Blue and White

White and Red
White and Green
White and Blue

I'm trying to stay away from these colors with black as I don't think the Icon will show up well on a darker background.

Thanks folks.

-Tal

Edit: I will be closing this on Saturday at the latest. I may close this early if we have a clear consensus before then.
[right][snapback]62216[/snapback][/right]

tabard 4
tabard 3 (your wife has great taste in tabards!)

Border 4.

Red/green/blue pref for color.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Tal,Dec 8 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:Thanks to several donations last night in game we are getting close to being able to afford the Guild Tabard. But I cannot make polls so here are the Icon options. Please post with your choice. I'll attempt to codify these responses into the most popular icon.[right][snapback]62216[/snapback][/right]

I really don't care for any of these selections. The choice I dislike the least is "tabard one", the image of Bolty. My suggestion of the cat's face was half joking, but I like it better than any of these icons.

For colors, white on dark green or gold on dark red would be my pick of the ones listed. I would also like to consider dark blue or burnt orange on beige.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."