Googled....
Googling my posting name on this forum would be relatively pointless since it is so generic, but Googling my real full name comes up 111 hits (considered repeats after only 19 however)... but they're mostly quotes from my father in local/business articles or high school athletic results for myself.

Just googling my last name is more interesting by far since it's rare enough to not get any superfluous links. Apparently I have a distant relative who is a professor at ASU and has written a couple books - he takes up a lot of the links. Another distant relative who is getting married, based upon the bridal registrations out there (congratulations to her!). More high school athletic results for me and quotations from my dad. Many, many generations ago my ancestors owned a castle in Scotland before coming to America which is also mentioned in passing in a link or two.

I Google my last name every now and then for entertainment's sake.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Munkay,Nov 29 2004, 02:53 PM Wrote:He's also historically known for being the man who consults the Delphic Oracle, asking who the wisest man alive is.  Socrates was the reply of course.

And then the hilarity of the trial of 399 ensued!

Can you tell I am currently writing a paper on this topic?  :P

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]61536[/snapback][/right]

I just wrote a short short (5 pages) biography on Socrates! Whoa! :blink:
WWBBD?
A Google Image search for DeeBye returns entries I made for various Something Awful photoshop articles.

This is the first result.
[Image: barbcamwhore.jpg]
(the theme of the photoshop thingie was a "What if they were camwhores?" type dealie. It was funnier in my head)

A regular Google search for "DeeBye" mostly links to boring posts posts I made on various forums.
Hah..

the only link that popped up for me was my Homepage for my isp, in that homepage were screenshots of old d2 screenies.
(I had to brag about it! I might not get another one for a loooong time!)I found myself in some interesting places...

I remember that talk. Man, I must have sounded so horrible. "and this is what happens when you spend a long time working on a project that isn't going anywhere fast..."

Hmm, this actually is me-Mephista not someone else-Mephista ... Wasn't aware that I had a den there... nifty! =)

Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Quote:ATP binding to the motor domain from an ABC transporter drives formation of a nucleotide sandwich dimer.

Smith PC, Karpowich N, Millen L, Moody JE, Rosen J, Thomas PJ, Hunt JF.

Department of Biological Sciences, 702A Fairchild Center, MC2434, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA.

It has been proposed that the reaction cycle of ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporters is driven by dimerization of their ABC motor domains upon binding ATP at their mutual interface. However, no such ATP sandwich complex has been observed for an ABC from an ABC transporter. In this paper, we report the crystal structure of a stable dimer formed by the E171Q mutant of the MJ0796 ABC, which is hydrolytically inactive due to mutation of the catalytic base. The structure shows a symmetrical dimer in which two ATP molecules are each sandwiched between the Walker A motif in one subunit and the LSGGQ signature motif in the other subunit. These results establish the stereochemical basis of the power stroke of ABC transporter pumps.

Uhhhh.... what in the hell... :blink:

Seriously, the first time through, I thought it was some kind of a joke. :lol:
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II