Googled....
Have you? I mean, taken your handle, that you've been using for years (in my case about 11 years) and "Googled" it?

My wife did at one point in time and found something that I had completely forgotten that I had written, back in the days of the original Diablo.

So I did it. And I found THIS

I don't know how how many of you remember this, but this is my *original* posting for this Diablo variant.

Talk about a blast from the past. It not only makes me feel good that something that I have done has meant *something* to people out there on the net, but also amazes me that stuff that is put on the net, if there is some validity and/or value to people truely never dies. Much, as I suspect, will happen to the Lurker Lounge, and furthermore Bolty for putting it up here, since I know that it holds such a dear place in people's hearts.

I want to be the first to truely thank Bolty, Gris, the other admins and now Mongo of the Lounge for taking such an intigral part in starting, maintaining, and helping the Lounge evolve.

Bolty, I've known you for about 12.5 years now, and you've done something here that I could only dream of doing, or having as much of an impact on people that you have. My hat is, and forever will be, off to you. I am honored to be known as your friend, and appreciate everything that you have been to me, not only here on the 'net, but in RL. You know what I mean by that.

SaxyCorp
Suck up! ;) :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Last time I googled myself, I found out I had been beat up in a bar in Las Vegas.

*shrugs*
See you in Town,
-Z
Not at all. Just doing some reflection, due to the holiday.
Wow, that was the most egregious rear-end kissing I've ever read! :)

But yes, people are often surprised at how permanent things that are written are on the Internet. Data has a way of getting archived, even the most obscure things.

I've been moving the content of the Lurker Lounge over to its new content management system, and re-reading old material from 4, 5 years ago in the process. Some of it makes me laugh - things that I or others wrote so long ago that either turned out prophetic, completely wrong, funny, or sad. Obviously nowadays I wouldn't write my High-Level Warrior Guide for DIablo in nearly the same manner I did 6 years ago (man, it's been that long). I read it now and see how different I was as a person.

That's what makes it interesting - how so many Lurkers here were around for the start of it, and we've all changed together. It's like my recent tirade against Blizzard, warning people that WoW isn't ready for release - I never would have been that way years ago. Perhaps I'm more cynical about gaming than I once was, who knows. Years of watching gaming companies put out software that would never pass QA in any other industry but gaming, and seeing the masses gobble it up anyway, continuing the cycle, has definitely turned me a bit sour.

But I digress. Good having you around Saxy. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Heh, suprised at my first find actually, have em listed down here:

#1 : http://p205.ezboard.com/fthedsfcommunityfr...picID=594.topic
DSF Community Message Board!

#2 : http://lca.lehman.cuny.edu/lehman/itr/html....asp?R1=Z&R2=ZZ
Apparantly there is a Vincent Zucchetto who is the Executive Assistant to the Vice
President of Student Affairs at Lehman College

Other notable pages would be my own Weblogs and my grandmother's Obituary from the Osceola Gazette.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Googling my forum name is pretty pointless, since I haven't been posting for very long, but googling my real name got some strange results. something actually about me was on a page, but most of them were about some people from several hundered years ago where severla of them happened to have pieces of my real name. No I'm not telling what it is. This is just a general internet thing I will be doing, and has nothing to do with any particular aite.

Now for the butt kissing:

This is by far the best page ever on thew internet. If I ever have any kids, they will all be named Bolty, and I will be changing my name to Bolty. If I ever get rich, all the money will go to keeping this place running, and a big shrine to Bolty will be built. I've been posting here lessthan a year, and reading for a year and a quarte, but as far as I'm concerned, Bolty is the ruler of the universe. :P

Edit: sorry, have to ask, do you guys actually know each other? My guesss is no one wants to answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Saxywoo,Nov 26 2004, 08:30 PM Wrote:Have you?  I mean, taken your handle, that you've been using for years (in my case about 11 years) and "Googled" it?

My wife did at one point in time and found something that I had completely forgotten that I had written, back in the days of the original Diablo.

So I did it.  And I found THIS

I don't know how how many of you remember this, but this is my *original* posting for this Diablo variant.

Talk about a blast from the past.  It not only makes me feel good that something that I have done has meant *something* to people out there on the net, but also amazes me that stuff that is put on the net, if there is some validity and/or value to people truely never dies.  Much, as I suspect, will happen to the Lurker Lounge, and furthermore Bolty for putting it up here, since I know that it holds such a dear place in people's hearts.

I want to be the first to truely thank Bolty, Gris, the other admins and now Mongo  of the Lounge for taking such an intigral part in starting, maintaining, and helping the Lounge evolve.

Bolty, I've known you for about 12.5 years now, and you've done something here that I could only dream of doing, or having as much of an impact on people that you have.  My hat is, and forever will be, off to you.  I am honored to be known as your friend, and appreciate everything that you have been to me, not only here on the 'net, but in RL.  You know what I mean by that.

SaxyCorp
[right][snapback]61326[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for that opportunity to see a whole bunch of links that I did not expect, attached to my tag.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
[Image: googleforbob.jpg]

After having checked the results available, I discovered nothing of interest.

Apparently I'm just not famous enough.
Yep, because I'm just full of it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=archo...G=Google+Search

Apparently, it's just my latest posts on forums. -_-
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Yup , I googled my name and found brothers and sisters I had lost when I was 6 or 7 , some 38 years ago . Yay Google :)

My real name that is :P
Take care
Wow... Chaerophon is a figure in several Platonic dialogues. You'd figure that I wouldn't be anywhere near the front google pages. Well, think again. Fourth! Crazy, that :D
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Saxywoo,Nov 26 2004, 09:30 PM Wrote:Have you?  I mean, taken your handle, that you've been using for years (in my case about 11 years) and "Googled" it?

Actually, I was impressed to see what people with an irl name similar to mine have acomplished: The first hit was a professor at Johns Hopkins school of Public Health, the second hit was a professor at Purdue, and the third hit was a classical violinist. I couldn't find anything that was relevant to me, but I guess that's to be expected with a nondescript name like mine (2.4 million hits).

Searching for the handle used in this forum resulted in several hits for a researcher in the field of plant biophysiology, and a few regarding French wines. Searching for another handle I commonly use results in no hits (which is good since I use it primarily to fly under the radar when I want to go online and get something done rather than just chatting with folks I know).

In a similar activity, I looked myself up in MEDLINE (via www.pubmed.gov) which indexes articles published in peer reviewed medical journals (including publications like the New England Journal of Medicine and JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association)), and found that a paper that I contributed to when I was a senior in college was finally published (4 years later).
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Chaerophon,Nov 28 2004, 04:36 PM Wrote:Wow...  Chaerophon is a figure in several Platonic dialogues.  You'd figure that I wouldn't be anywhere near the front google pages.  Well, think again.  Fourth!  Crazy, that :D
[right][snapback]61436[/snapback][/right]

He's also historically known for being the man who consults the Delphic Oracle, asking who the wisest man alive is. Socrates was the reply of course.

And then the hilarity of the trial of 399 ensued!

Can you tell I am currently writing a paper on this topic? :P

Cheers,

Munk
I'm a soldier gone braindead in a car accident and then rejected from a Super Soldier project!

I am a .com kajillionaire.

I'm a some guy hired by a city council as a seasonal laborer!

And a fairly vocal frat boy.

I've googled myself before but I don't recall getting nearly as many links. And some of it was actually me.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Googled the forum name this time. Just 9 entries the first time with google, mostly lurker lounge stuff with "omitted search results". No amazon basin even. strange.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Nothing too exciting, my homepage and a couple of other things. Some old posts from the Zen too:

http://www.google.com/search?q=walkiry

I'm ranked above the walkiry.com site :)
I was once the only result for my name, but now there's some German car guy that also comes up. I'm slowly getting more and more results, though. I still only have 1 referrence (in about 10 different places, though) in which someone else mentioned me (Nobbie's Little Magic Find Guide). The rest is mostly just different forum accounts. I Google myself occassionally just to make sure I haven't forgotten any of the places I visit. It helped me find a site that I forgot the name to once. :)

/edit: Regoogled myself, and found that I may soon lose my top spot on Google for my name to some 22-posts-on-a-random-Half-Life-2-forum pos(t)er. I'd best start propogating my greatness. I have been meaning to submit a political thing somewhere, that might help. :)
I can't google myself at work ...... :o ..... not that , silly ! Search engines seem to lock up from this here terminal :P !
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
I get a mixture of the Me and the Not-Me that the Me made Mine though my Me is not him and the Not-Me is the real him.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.