Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions
What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Sharanna is going to be doing Tailoring/Enchanting because I never got the chance to do either in Beta. That and I got very tired during Open beta of mine jumpers.

Secondary will be fishing, cooking and first aid.

Edit: This thread also lets me know who is planning on being on the server with us. ;)
If the PvE Alliance will be on East Time, I'll likely be there.
I'm going Tailor/Enchanter for retail.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Tal,Nov 22 2004, 09:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Sharanna is going to be doing Tailoring/Enchanting because I never got the chance to do either in Beta. That and I got very tired during Open beta of mine jumpers.

Edit: This thread also lets me know who is planning on being on the server with us. ;)
[right][snapback]60765[/snapback][/right]

I'll be attempting to re-create Hykim with Skinning/Leatherworking, proving that I am persistent and quite dense. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Hmmm.... you know, I haven't decided what profession to do yet. I'm sort of leaning towards Alchemy/Herbalism again. It was fun. I might change my mind yet though.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Tal,Nov 22 2004, 10:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?[right][snapback]60765[/snapback][/right]

Mining and engineering probably. I never got to try out the high end engineering items added at the end. And I know where the mineral nodes are.

I plan to level as quickly as I can and hopefully do some of the instances. In beta I spent days just traveling the world and swimming around the continents.

For my next character, probably skinning and leatherworking, but who knows when that might be.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Tal,Nov 22 2004, 10:54 AM Wrote:Secondary will be fishing, cooking and first aid.

Everyone can get those three skills without a problem. The only question there is how far the various players bother to take the secondary skills.

I tend to jump around a bit from character to character at times, so with that in mind....

Taunshu: Herbalism/Skinning to start and switching to Mining/Engineering(Goblin) later.
Littledude: Tailor/Enchanter
Ragos: Mining/Engineering(Gnomish)
Tima: Mining/Blacksmithing(weaponsmith-?type)
Andar: Mining/Blacksmithing(armorsmith)
Shadrack: Herbalism/Alchemy
Wynae: Skinning/Leatherworking(type?)
plus other as yet undecided characters.
Names are subject to availability (and no, do not try to reserve them for me).

Not sure at this moment when I will actually be starting to play though.....

Tal,Nov 22 2004, 07:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Tahapenes - Human Warlock - Tailoring/Enchanting
Orisella - Night Elf Priest - Herbalism/Alchemy
Lissanna - Night Elf Hunter - Skinning/Mining
<Name not determined yet> - Human Paladin - Blacksmithing/Engineering (Lissanna is the feeder)

Arlisse - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting
Roaringwind - Tauren Shaman - Herbalism/Alchemy
<Name not determined yet> - Troll Rogue - Skinning/Leatherworking
<Name not determined yet> - Orc Warrior - Blacksmithing/Mining

Only thing I'm not doing on Alliance side is Leatherworking and only thing I'm not doing on Horde side is Engineering.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Tal,Nov 22 2004, 09:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Paladin: Blacksmith (Armorsmith eventually) / Miner

Various other characters will eventually flesh out all Profession roles.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Lissa,Nov 22 2004, 03:10 PM Wrote:<Name not determined yet> - Human Paladin - Blacksmithing/Engineering (Lissanna is the feeder)
[right][snapback]60819[/snapback][/right]

Interesting, if you can pull it off.

Engineering means your paly will be able to use bombs. Which means he/she can pull. That's the only way I can think of pulling solo as a paly.

This was a bit of a problem for me in the beta--I would party with a couple friends and we all played palys at the same time. We got some MASSIVE pulls, thank god for Divine Protection :-)

Was this your intent with engineering on the paly, or was it just because you had already covered everything else with other characters?
Out here,
--Ajax
Ajax,Nov 23 2004, 03:01 AM Wrote:Interesting, if you can pull it off.&nbsp;

Engineering means your paly will be able to use bombs.&nbsp; Which means he/she can pull.&nbsp; That's the only way I can think of pulling solo as a paly.&nbsp; [right][snapback]60899[/snapback][/right]

Holy Shock ...also the 's' key is your friend.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Ajax,Nov 23 2004, 03:01 AM Wrote:Interesting, if you can pull it off.&nbsp;

Engineering means your paly will be able to use bombs.&nbsp; Which means he/she can pull.&nbsp; That's the only way I can think of pulling solo as a paly.&nbsp;

This was a bit of a problem for me in the beta--I would party with a couple friends and we all played palys at the same time.&nbsp; We got some MASSIVE pulls, thank god for Divine Protection :-)

Was this your intent with engineering on the paly, or was it just because you had already covered everything else with other characters?
[right][snapback]60899[/snapback][/right]

Pffft who need silly engineer bombs to pull? Body pulls for the win! ;)
eh. I'm far, far too lazy to run up, then run back again!

We all know dynamite is a boon to lazy people. Just look at fisherme! (er, in real life that is.)

cheers
Out here,
--Ajax
Ajax,Nov 24 2004, 04:05 PM Wrote:We all know dynamite is a boon to lazy people.&nbsp; Just look at fisherme!&nbsp; (er, in real life that is.)

cheers
[right][snapback]61115[/snapback][/right]

Wait wait wait, are you seriously implying that you can do fishing with dynamite in WoW? That'd be awesome!
I was planning on going for the following:

Dragoon - Mining Blacksmithing
Silverflail - Tailoring, Skinning
Zhakaro - Leatherworking, something
Zherun - Engineering, something

Of course I'll mostly just be playing Dragoon and Silverflail, I bet, so those are the ones I've thought through the most.
-TheDragoon
Walkiry,Nov 24 2004, 11:17 AM Wrote:Wait wait wait, are you seriously implying that you can do fishing with dynamite in WoW? That'd be awesome!
[right][snapback]61120[/snapback][/right]

Nah. But there is a "Dwarving Fishing Pole" as a quest reward that is a gun with the inscription "Dwarves are not known for their subtelty". ;)
Tal,Nov 24 2004, 02:17 PM Wrote:Nah. But there is a "Dwarving Fishing Pole" as a quest reward that is a gun with the inscription "Dwarves are not known for their subtelty". ;)

There's also a "Goblin Fishing Pole" which is a stack of dynamite. Unfortunately, you can't actually fish with it.