Poll: Collector's or Regualr
There's a WOW Collector's Edition supposed to be released in Europe (in English language), but if and when it will be released, has not yet been announced. I personally would highly prefer a Collector's Edition over a standard version alone for the (hardcover) WOW artbook and the "Making Of"/Cinematics DVD. So, let's hope that there will be a Collector's Edition for Europe soon. But I still have time because I won't buy and register WOW before spring 2005 anyway (when the worst issues and bugs are fixed) ;)

If anyone here has his/her WOW Collector's Edition, and if he/she has a digital camera, it'd be nice to have a bunch of exclusive photos from the contents :)

EDIT: Just saw this thread - yes, there will be a Europe WOW CE:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=4715
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:The special collector's edition of World of Warcraft will also be available at launch, in limited quantities, for a suggested retail price of €69.99 (£44.99 in the UK). The game, box and manual will be available in English, French and German; the box and manual will also be localised into Spanish and Italian.
well, since only "half" the Collector's Edition will be localized in German language (game, box and manual), it's going to be the full English version from the U.K. for me. Does anyone know if it has an influence where I order the package in the European Union? If I order in the U.K., will the game be playable in Germany (on German servers)?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I myself will be going for the regular edition.

There is nothing in the Collector's Edition that's enticing enough to pay over 60% extra for, especially considering I'm a student with a tight enough budget as it is. I have a large amount of better uses to spend the extra money on :)
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
Quark,Nov 22 2004, 01:50 AM Wrote:I want it alright, but not for the strategy guide purposes.  Some strat guides have nice ideas, most have outdated numbers.  But this guide has Penny Arcade comics ;)
[right][snapback]60723[/snapback][/right]

More news:
If you buy the binder WITH the guide (a package deal costing $5 more), you get updates from the website for a limited time. Irony of ironies, it will be the STRATEGY guide to get patched on the first day the game is out. Ever thought you'd see that day? ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
thanks for the info and the link

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I'm going to buy the collector's edition. The soundtrack should be REALLY good if the in-game music is any indication and the book of the art of World of Warcraft should be cool, too.

I went up to the nearest Best Buy yesterday and found, to my dismay, that they said they would only have 24 copies of the collector's edition available today for the release so they suggested getting there an hour before opening to make sure I got one. I said, "Screw that!" and went online last night and purchased a copy of the collector's edition for pick-up at that store. I'll call them at about their opening time and make sure they save a copy for me to pick up after my classes today. :)
-TheDragoon
I wasn't planning on getting the Collector's Edition, but that's all they had at Wal Mart when I went there. The art book is pretty nice, but the map is a disappointment compared to the detail of of my Baldur's Gate and Morrowind maps. Haven't checked out the soundtrack or DVD yet.
In Germany, I've just recently paid 14.95 Euro (SRP) for each official "WarCraft III" and "The Frozen Throne" strategy guide from Brady Games (large format, full-color). Must be either the current dollar-weakness, or the WOW guides are just way too expensive.

Hi

I think they overcharged you. I picked up WCIII and TFT for € 29.90 and got the strategy guides with the games for free.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Ordered the Collectors Edition from EBGames. As of 10 hours ago just before work it was still showing as an open and unfilled order. I got home and it was already delivered. Talk about 1 day delivery! More like a few hour delivery.
Assur,Nov 23 2004, 06:32 PM Wrote:I think they overcharged you. I picked up WCIII and TFT for € 29.90 and got the strategy guides with the games for free.
Yes, but you have only the small-format, black&white guides with the Battlechest :)
Lissa,Nov 5 2004, 01:54 AM Wrote:Which are you going to purchase?

I've already preordered the Collector's and hopefully will get it on 11/22 in time to get ready to go at midnight of 11/23...  :D
[right][snapback]59257[/snapback][/right]

CE when it comes to Europe...
nobbie,Nov 23 2004, 10:56 PM Wrote:Yes, but you have only the small-format, black&white guides with the Battlechest :)
[right][snapback]60996[/snapback][/right]

Oh, woe is me
:blink:
basically I just read up on the solution after I have finished a mission, to see how I could have done it differently,

good karma

P.S. See you in spring in WoW.
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Turns out both!

Thanks to a little luck I was able to afford the game and 3 months subscription for both Treesh and I. The local Wal-Mart (the only software vendor other than staples) had one regular and 4 CE's left when we got it. So Treesh got CE and I got regular. Now hopefully her new job will come through befor the 3 months is up so we can afford it after that. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Assur,Nov 24 2004, 03:28 AM Wrote:P.S. See you in spring in WoW.
I've just recently picked up WC3 (the supposedly "limited" Collector's Edition ;)) and the TFT expansion from the bargain bin. I'm relatively new to the realtime strategy genre and am currently enjoying my first steps very much. The new game concept, which by the way requires much more brain work than hack & slash, is really refreshing after 3 years of bashing monsters for items (Diablo II), and since WOW will not be that different from Diablo II in this regard - WOW is actually just rather expensive hack & slash "de luxe" - I have absolutely no problems to wait until summer 2005 to play my first free month on the German WOW servers. I hope that the dust has settled for us Germans until then. Although WOW is supposed to ship by the end of February 2005 in Germany/Europe, I doubt that I'll "waste" my first free playing month during the first chaotic introductory phase. Summer 2005 sounds like a good time to start ;)

By the way, the German fansite inWOW.de just reported that you will be able to play the European English version (but only the European, not the American!) of WOW/WOW Collector's on the German servers. This is important to know for those interested in either the English WOW version or the WOW Collector's Edition, which is just partly localized in German language (box, game and manual only). So, you can order your English WOW/WOW Collector's Edition in the U.K., i.e. Amazon.co.uk, and be able to play on the German servers.
Lissa,Nov 4 2004, 03:54 PM Wrote:Which are you going to purchase?

I've already preordered the Collector's and hopefully will get it on 11/22 in time to get ready to go at midnight of 11/23...  :D
[right][snapback]59257[/snapback][/right]
My bro already picked up two copies of the regular edition.

From what I hear, it was rather nice. They had copies behind the Customer Service desk at CompUSA. My bro goes up and asks for two copies. The girl at the desk hands him one, then goes and gets the manager to see if she can give him another one.

The manager's response? "Ya want to make him walk in again?" He made sure my brother got one copy each of the two types of commercial packaging (Night Elf and Orc--my bro promises he'll keep the NE one and force me to gaze longingly at the green monstrosity, yuck!).

This service was much better than the favbled "Customer Appreciation Bat."

Happy gaming!
Out here,
--Ajax