World Series
I was born in Boston, and was raised 45 minutes from fenway, the epicenter of the Red Sox nation. From my dorm room at Boston University I'm a 10 minute walk from fenway, and can always see the big lights on game night.

It's hard not to be a superfan here.

Watching Bellhorn get caught on too large of a lead on second, in the bottom of the 2nd against the Angels, with bases loaded and Ortiz on bat, made me wonder if there are any other MLB fans out there.

So lurkers, whose rooting for who? Who is apathetic?

Yankees fans need not apply, I mean it. :angry:

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,Oct 6 2004, 11:02 PM Wrote:Who is apathetic?
[right][snapback]57221[/snapback][/right]

Me.

I'm cheering for an end to the NHL lockout :angry:
I'm not totally apathetic, I'm hoping for long games for my brother to watch so I can get the computer for awhile.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Twins of course. What I like about them now is that with 1/3 the payroll of the Yankees, this scrappy club keeps recruiting and growing good players and playing down to earth baseball. We don't need super star home run hitters, just enough base hits and good pitching.

Too bad about last nights game, we should have won that one. We let the Yanks back into the game in the 12th by not pulling the pitcher before he loaded the bases.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Seconded.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
I like the Cardinals. The fans are great, they're a true team, and they have the best Canadian player ever to play the game. Larry Walker. ;)
But whate'er I be,
With being nothing.
<---- Red Sox Woooot ! :D

...... against the Twins sounds good to me :D Whats a "Yankee" ? :unsure: :P
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Munkay,Oct 7 2004, 03:02 AM Wrote:So lurkers, whose rooting for who?&nbsp; Who is apathetic?

Angels and Giants....so not a good year for me.....
Munkay,Oct 6 2004, 10:02 PM Wrote:So lurkers, whose rooting for who?&nbsp; Who is apathetic?

Yankees fans need not apply,&nbsp; I mean it.&nbsp; :angry:

Cheers,

Munk

Right now I'm rooting for the Twins to beat the Yankees. If the Yanks get past the Twins then I'm rooting for whoever plays the Yankees next. If the Yanks get past that then I'm rooting for the National League. Sooo to clear things up I'm still rooting for one of my three teams that I root for. First team is the Orioles, second is the Cubs, third is for whoever is playing the Yankees. :D

I got in trouble once for saying tongue-in-cheek at work that if the Yankee team was going down in a plane I would root for gravity. ;)
Cubs.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Munkay,Oct 6 2004, 11:02 PM Wrote:I was born in Boston, and was raised 45 minutes from fenway, the epicenter of the Red Sox nation.&nbsp; From my dorm room at Boston University I'm a 10 minute walk from fenway, and can always see the big lights on game night.

It's hard not to be a superfan here.

Watching Bellhorn get caught on too large of a lead on second, in the bottom of the 2nd against the Angels, with bases loaded and Ortiz on bat, made me wonder if there are any other MLB fans out there.

So lurkers, whose rooting for who?&nbsp; Who is apathetic?

Yankees fans need not apply,&nbsp; I mean it.&nbsp; :angry:

Cheers,

Munk

YANKEES SUCK!

:D G/f and I are huge Sox fans. We're rooting now like we've been doing all season. We'll keep rooting till we die of old age.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Giants fan here. I posted this earlier today at the AB:

Quote:I can't really root for any of the teams that are in the post-season though.

BoSox: Tired of their sniveling over being the 2nd richest team in baseball. Also, as long as their curse holds up, the 50 year absence of Giant's championship doesn't look quite so bad.

Cardinals: I despise them for pulling their stars out and playing like ninnys when they were facing the Astros at the end of the year.

Angels: Ahem. 2002.

Twins: Not so bad actually. AL though, and if Joe Nathan gets a ring I will lose my faith in the Sports Goddess.

Astros: Roger Clemens and Jeff "You people in San Francisco are so stupid" Kent? Not too fond of their "Why walk Bonds when you can throw at him" strategy either.

Yankees: What, just because my faith in the Sports Goddess is teetering, I'm gonna prostrate myself before mighty Cthulhu?

LA: Like my mama said, "Son, the word 'hate' is a vile profanity, and I never want you sayin' it...except when talking about those stinkin' Dodgers. Bless my heart, I hate them so much." Couldn't agree more, Mama.

Atlanta: Hmm. Not sure I can think of a good reason to dislike Atlanta. Bobby Cox is a terrific manager, and year after year they put up a good team. Underdogs this year, too.

Somewhat amusingly, I accidently typed "...prostate myself before mighty Cthulhu" on the first try. :blink:
I'd like to see the Sox win the series: I'm ready for the world to come to an end.

Seriously though, I thought at the end of the season last year, and I still believe that the only way the Red Sox will make it to the World Series is if they don't have to play NY to get there. It would be a great victory to go through NY, but with the psychological block that they (especially Pedro) seem to have about beating the Yankees, avoiding them is the only chance they have to win.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
bigeyedbug,Oct 7 2004, 01:48 PM Wrote:...Cardinals: I despise them for pulling their stars out and playing like ninnys when they were facing the Astros at the end of the year. ...
In other words, blazing so far ahead in the Division, outpacing every other team in Major League Baseball, that they had enough breathing room to rest and prepare for the playoffs— a reward for being that damned good?

That's an awful weak excuse to dismiss the Cards.

My dad hails from St. Louis and attended Cardinal games as a kid. Since I was an Air Force brat that never stayed in one place more than 2 years at a time, I don't really have any hometown.

If I were to fall in place for the nearest MLB venue to my place of birth, it'd be San Francisco. But honestly, no one chooses to become a Giants fan— more like they're cursed with such fate. I have enough wiggle room to escape that, and had instead fallen into family tradition— Cardinals.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

You have the best avatar ever :)
Hi,

Who'm I rooting for? The Mariners.

Of course, I had to give that up in late May ;)

If not the Mariners, then the Yankees, given that about half their team are ex-Mariners (Sue thinks that the Mariners are really a farm team for the Yanks). Oh, wait, too late for that, too.

OK. Third choice. Gotta stay with my league, so I guess I'm rooting for that team from Boston, whatever it's name is.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Jeunemaitre,Oct 8 2004, 08:09 AM Wrote:I'd like to see the Sox win the series: I'm ready for the world to come to an end.

Seriously though, I thought at the end of the season last year, and I still believe that the only way the Red Sox will make it to the World Series is if they don't have to play NY to get there.  It would be a great victory to go through NY, but with the psychological block that they (especially Pedro) seem to have about beating the Yankees, avoiding them is the only chance they have to win.
[right][snapback]57311[/snapback][/right]

oops. :) Time to get a fork and start eating those words.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Sox Won :)

Fenway was intense.

Speechless otherwise.

Cheers

Munk
Congrat's Munk!

Enjoy your night ;)
But whate'er I be,
With being nothing.
Chaerophon,Oct 28 2004, 01:21 AM Wrote:Congrat's Munk!

Enjoy your night ;)
[right][snapback]58437[/snapback][/right]

My night too!

G/f cried, called home (g/f's sister was excited too); called friend in R.I. who's from Mass. and a huge Sox fan; cried some more.

I watched about 5 minutes after the game, and then I went out to continue photographing the lunar eclipse. 5 rolls baby. Yeah. Can't WAIT to get these developed. :D

Oh yeah. S0x 0wnz j00! :D I can die a happy man now. But not yet. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*