Zombies
Does anybody know of any websites with good information on zombies? Google only turns up links to Max Brook's book 'Zombie Survival Guide' and I'd rather not spend the money.
I ran a search on www.scirius.com and the first hit was this thing.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
unrealshadow13,Sep 30 2004, 05:41 PM Wrote:I'd rather not spend the money.
[right][snapback]56773[/snapback][/right]

How is your local public library system? I have been able to read all kinds of books for which I was unwilling to spend the money by using the Toronto Public Library. I can search their system from home, place holds on almost any book I want and have them delivered to my local branch for pick-up.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

unrealshadow13,Sep 30 2004, 05:41 PM Wrote:Does anybody know of any websites with good information on zombies? Google only turns up links to Max Brook's book 'Zombie Survival Guide' and I'd rather not spend the money.

What are you searching for? As in, what are you typing into the Google Search bar?

Typing in "Zombies" gave me a large number of "informative" websites from the start. Also, I Ctrl+F'd and failed to find Max Brooks in the first 5 pages.

:blink:

Cheers,

Munk
unrealshadow13,Sep 30 2004, 05:41 PM Wrote:Does anybody know of any websites with good information on zombies? Google only turns up links to Max Brook's book 'Zombie Survival Guide' and I'd rather not spend the money.

Could you be more specific about what you need?
unrealshadow13,Sep 30 2004, 10:41 PM Wrote:Does anybody know of any websites with good information on zombies? Google only turns up links to Max Brook's book 'Zombie Survival Guide' and I'd rather not spend the money.

The movie "Shawn of the Dead" will teach you everything you need to know about zombies and zombie-survival. :)
I made this image for a Something Awful Photoshop Phriday.

I hope it helps.

[Image: DeeBye_zombiechild.jpg]
This might help:

Zombie
WWBBD?
Tales in the life of the becoming undead

May 9, 1998

At night, we played Poker with Scott the guard, Alias and Steve
the researcher. Steve was really lucky, but I think he was cheating.
What a scumbag.

May 10, 1998

Today, a high ranking researcher asked me to take care of a new monster. It looks like a gorilla without any skin. They told me to feed them live food. When I threw in a pig, they were playing with it... tearing off the pig's legs and pulling out the guts before they actually ate it.

May 11, 1998

Around 5 o'clock this morning, Scott came in and woke me up suddenly. He was wearing a protection suit that looks like a space suit. He told me to put one on as well. I heard there was an accident in the basement lab. It's no wonder, those researchers never rest, even at night.

May 12, 1998

I've been wearing this annoying space suit since yesterday, my skin grows musty and feels very itchy. By way of revenge, I didn't feed those dogs today. Now I feel better.

May 13, 1998

I went to the medical room because my back is all swollen and feels itchy. They put a big bandage on my back and the doctor told me I did not need to wear the space suit any more. I guess I can sleep well tonight.

May 14, 1998

When I woke up this morning, I found another blister on my foot. It was annoying and I ended up dragging my foot as I went to the dogs' pen. They have been quiet since morning, which is very unusual. I found that some of them had escaped. I'll be in real trouble if the higher-ups find out.

May 15, 1998

Even though I didn't feel well, I decided to go to see Nancy. It's my first day off in a long time. But I was stopped by the guard on the way out. They say the company has ordered that no one leave the grounds. I can't even make a phone call. What kind of joke is this?!

May 16, 1998

I heard a researcher who tried to escape from this mansion was shot last night. My entire body feels burning and itchy at night. When I was scratching the swelling on my arm, a lump of rotten flesh dropped off. What the hell is happening to me?

May 19, 1998

Fever gone but itchy.
Hungry and eat doggie food.
Itchy itchy Scott came.
Ugly face so killed him.
Tasty.

Itchy.
Tasty.
*sigh* I miss that game :(

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Nomad25055,Sep 30 2004, 11:01 PM Wrote:*sigh* I miss that game :(
[right][snapback]56798[/snapback][/right]

Did it ever get ported to PC?
Tal,Oct 1 2004, 12:38 AM Wrote:Could you be more specific about what you need?
[right][snapback]56782[/snapback][/right]

A recent issue of PC Gamer had a letter from some 13 year old nublet who said that an AK-47 was a far superior weapon than a m4A1 when it comes to zombie owning. This got me wondering exactly what killed zombies, and which weapons are most effective.
Quote:Did it ever get ported to PC?

I have no clue. Hmm, /me starts searching

NoMaD

EDIT: Apparently yes it did. Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3 were all ported to PC.
unrealshadow13,Sep 30 2004, 11:07 PM Wrote:A recent issue of PC Gamer had a letter from some 13 year old nublet who said that an AK-47 was a far superior weapon than a m4A1 when it comes to zombie owning. This got me wondering exactly what killed zombies, and which weapons are most effective.
[right][snapback]56802[/snapback][/right]

All I know is to watch out for those bright yellow ones.
Quote:All I know is to watch out for those bright yellow ones.

Aye' I've lost my fair share of health to them.
Bright yellow zombies? wha? Inside joke?
unrealshadow13,Oct 1 2004, 12:18 AM Wrote:Bright yellow zombies? wha? Inside joke?
[right][snapback]56821[/snapback][/right]

Look up "Black Death" in Jarulf's Guide. Bright yellow zombies are the worst ever.

Try these 2:

http://www.raptorman.us/

and

http://www.zombiehunters.org/
Just took half an hour and started through that 'raptorman' link. Very entertaining and interesting read. I'll have to keep at it when I can find time :) Thanks for the link!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Nomad25055,Oct 1 2004, 03:01 AM Wrote:*sigh* I miss that game :(

NoMaD
[right][snapback]56798[/snapback][/right]
Get a Gamecube. Play the remake. (And RE Zero). Tons and tons of fun for an avid fan of the series.

RE does indeed exist on the PC as well, although the graphics are almost worse than what they were on the playstation; at least RE 2 and 3.

Btw, has anyone else seen RE-Apocalypse yet? I saw it last week-end and was very entertained. Sure, there were some major inconsistencies with the games, but seeing as it's Resident Evil, I tend to look the other way. Great fun, great movie. I'm certain I'll pick it up from www.play.com when it arrives.