WE HAVE RETURNED!
Yes, after 16 long hours the site move is complete. We are now running on ServInt's computers, and if you can see this your DNS info has switched over as well.

The forum has been upgraded to version 2.0! This has a lot of cool new features and I hope you play with them. One of my faves is the "Lo-Fi Version" of the forum - check out the link at the bottom of the page here. This is a sweet feature of 2.0 and it'll be a real boon to modem users and those who like to read things at work while the boss "lurks." :) BTW, you should all also be able to set your forum title now. Go nuts. For those who previously won contests allowing you to set a forum title, sorry that it's not so special anymore. It was all just in fun anyway, right?

I was able to successfully migrate the threading information from the 1.1 hack! I RULE! All content should be completely preserved.

ALL USERS WILL NEED TO RE-SELECT THEIR AVATARS IF THEY USED ONE OF THE FORUM'S SUPPLIED AVATARS. Else, it'll just appear as a broken link. IPB 2.0 stores avatars in a different manner.

I'm going to sleep. What's left yet?

1) Troubleshooting possible problems with anything that's not working on the site. PLEASE LEAVE A NOTE HERE OR PM ME IF YOU FIND A PROBLEM!

2) Email accounts are not fully set up yet. Sorry, admins, I'll get to that first thing tomorrow morning. Your accounts are there and gathering mail; I just have to work out getting to them. This also means that if you find a problem and you're unable to post or PM here, drop me an email.

3) As you can see, the upgrade from 1.1 (years old) to 2.0 (just released!) made such radical changes in the skinning that the old skin was basically useless (and error-prone, to boot, since so much was missing). We are temporarily running on the default forum skin. I had to make a decision - leave the forum down for another full day perhaps to get the old skins converted, or put it up with this skin and let everyone use it? I chose the latter.

One side effect of this is that everyone can now see each other's post counts. I'M GOING TO LEAVE IT THIS WAY FOR AWHILE, and see if it makes a difference. The moment anyone tries to use "post count" as some form of leverage in an argument though, smackdowns will be called for. I do not give any preference to users with high post counts here, and there are no "user ranks" based on that either. Users at the Lounge will always be judged by the quality, not quantity, of their posts.

That being said, anyone who has a post count higher than me posts too much! What's wrong with you people? j/k :)

Okay, I'm really tired right now and things are just swimming in my head. Please leave suggestions and comments in this thread. I'm going to bed. Please continue on in my stead.

Oh, and please consider donating if you want to say thanks for sacrificing my entire weekend. I hate to be begging here, but the cash could really help. :huh:

-Bolty
Your friendly neighborhood site admin
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
*crosses fingers*

Bolty, you know how badly we all need the Lounge up and running! Good luck and godspeed!

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
nt
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I certainly hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck with the move Bolty B)

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Luckily I will be gone until late Saturday, so hopefully you can get everything up for my arrival! That would be a great present! Hahaha :lol:
WWBBD?
Have you made a backup of everything, in case something goes awry?

Thanks for the notification.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Good luck to you (and us :) ), and thanks for the heads up

mmhmm, v2.0, gargl (think Homer J. Simpson :) )

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Hi,

Good luck.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I sure most would agree - If anyone can handle such an undertaking, it is the Boltmeister. May your pipeline be fat and your glitches tiny. Have fun.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
[ Wrote:Angel,Sep 23 2004, 04:34 AM] Have you made a backup of everything, in case something goes awry?
The backup is the server this site is currently on. It'll be here until the 30th. Once I get everything over and working on the new server, I'll have another full backup made locally.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
[Image: thumbsup.gif]
OK as long as WoW is not down at the same time! Hope ServInt is in a cave somewhere far from trolls and fault lines.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Good luck doesn't say it.
You need a whole lot more than just luck, if this is how you plan to spend the weekend!

Hopefully it goes quick & smooth.

-rcv-
It's very blue. Nice job Bolty.

edit:

Quote:That being said, anyone who has a post count higher than me posts too much! What's wrong with you people? j/k

Haha, 761 versus your 769 :ph34r:
Thanks for the effort Bolty! Lots of new stuff to figure out :) Have a good night's sleep.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Lookin' good, Bolty! Thanks for all the hard work you do to keep this place running. We appreciate it, we really do.

All right! I see there's a new "Ignored Users" feature! There's gonna be some lonely trolls around here soon! :P

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Bolty,Sep 22 2004, 07:04 PM Wrote:BTW, you should all also be able to set your forum title now.  Go nuts.

Hm. Nope; not seeing it. My Avatar, Profile and Signature pages all seem to be quite the same as before... with no obvious ability to change one's "title".

Which is just fine by me, by the way. :blink:

Oooo.... the smilie-animations work!

:wub:

*edit: only 500ish posts? I go away for a year, and look what happens.*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Good job, thanks ever so much

For a hobby you gave up two years ago it seems to be continuing to go remarkably well :)

Refrigerator is leader of all the Diablo 2 forums. If that's an error you'd better have a look at the index page, if it's not then congratulations
I can't seem to find the option for changing a title under your avatar.

Oh well. Probably for the best. I would only do something silly.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
DeeBye,Sep 26 2004, 04:42 AM Wrote:It's very blue.  Nice job Bolty.

edit:
Haha, 761 versus your 769  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]56403[/snapback][/right]

Muahaha! 826 here. I pWn ur azz!!11

(This is me saying "please remove the postcount if at all possible" ;)

It was a wise decision indeed to bring the board back before the you could re-design the old skin. Sure, the Lounge *looks* just like any other forum right now, but we all know beneath rests a solid foundation of knowledge and the ability to express that knowledge clearly.

Thank God The Lounge is back. I made a new barbarian yesterday (my first MF-barb), and I could use some help. Please do check out the strategy-section in a few minutes and give me some pointers ;)

Now, as far as forumtitles go; I was "village idiot" over on Yegg's Tavern (www.diablo2.com) countless aeons ago, but I felt it didn't really embody *me* as a person. I'll have to think about it over breakfast.

Good job, Bolty! We all appreciate your enthusiasm and diligence.