Guild Wars?
Zippyy,Sep 13 2004, 10:05 PM Wrote:You should definately join in on the free beta October 29-31.
A three day beta is too short to make any solid determination on the game. However, Lurker interest is so high that I forsee a Guild Wars beta forum starting as the event approaches.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Is the LL for Blizzard games only? If so, in Guild Wars' defense, the creators are practically the inventors of battle.net.
unrealshadow13,Sep 17 2004, 06:37 PM Wrote:Is the LL for Blizzard games only? If so, in Guild Wars' defense, the creators are practically the inventors of battle.net.
The site started for Diablo and Diablo II was a natural progression. Where we go from here is still up in the air.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I can't say that I actually like NOLAG for a guild moniker. I put the long-winded version out as a lark...

In all honesty, I'm not an Amazon, I'm not a fan of Amazons, nor have I ever enjoyed playing one. In Diablo 2, they were probably my least favourite class. So, to call myself an Amazon, especially when my handle is JustAGuy, well, that's just odd. It's that stigma that kept me away from the Amazon Basin forums (that, and I like the Lounge just fine, thanks).

The problem is that an alternative name is quite difficult to come up with. A name that would encompass many different identities into one bubbling pot of player goodness; good luck finding that one. Although, that's not saying that NOLAG isn't a clever acronym.

I'm just saying we shouldn't call off the search for a guild name at the first witty suggestion.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Bolty,Sep 18 2004, 02:04 AM Wrote:The site started for Diablo and Diablo II was a natural progression.  Where we go from here is still up in the air.

-Bolty
Is it really? I always felt the lounge would end up going with the spirit of it's play style into any games that would last a while and accept that playstyle.

Don't you think so?
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
Games change as players become more sophisticated and technology advances.

I think what matters is what we as players in this forum want to move to.
Perhaps simply B&L? As in the "Basiners & Lurkers Guild".
Taeme,Sep 18 2004, 03:32 PM Wrote:Is it really? I always felt the lounge would end up going with the spirit of it's play style into any games that would last a while and accept that playstyle.

Don't you think so?
Yep, and Guild Wars seems to be the game that matches the Diablo playstyle the most. World of Warcraft is interesting, but a MMORPG is a vast change from a Diablo-style game in terms of playstyle.

-Bolty
Amazon Basin is a place. While its roots were a haven for legit Amazons, all classes have a place at the Basin.

Not sure about your anti-Amazon attitude, sound like a mysoginistic streak . . . but I digress.

Your comment on "not stopping the search at the first witty offering" is spot on. We here at the Lounge are all about the best in our games, and I suppose, our guild names.

I hope you get the pun regarding the promises being made by Arena.net in re their streaming methods that should, allegedly, mitigate the lag problems that BNET encounters. To say that my tongue was squarely in my cheek on that score would be to say that parrots leave gray streak marks down pirate captains' coat backs.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Regardless, it seems that forming a joint guild will be unnecessary. Let me explain: I have gleaned from reading Guild Wars threads on the AB forums (and there are quite a few GW threads), that guilds will be relatively small in size. The AB is expecting to have to form several guilds (AB#1, AB#2, etc). I don't know the specifics, and after a brief search was unable to find any information on guild creation and rules (will search again later when it is not 3AM).

So, it looks like it will be just us Lurkers. Still, I am sure we will be close allies.

This cuts down on the number of members, but increases the possibilities for cool names. I, also, am not a fan of amazons. Basins, however, are okay by me. I propose the simple, uninspired, but cool name of "The Lurkers"
The error occurred on line -1.
I always preferred to use the term "lurkerkin" since it didn't refer to the status of "one who reads but does not post".
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
Mangled Baby Ducks, although I doubt very many folks would share my enthusiasm for such a guild name.

But talk about Great Jam! ;) (Obscure SNL reference)

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Lurkerkin, nice. Less likely to be already taken, too. Very cool sounding.

Feel free to keep shooting names out. I'll write them all down and set up a poll close to the game's release.
The error occurred on line -1.
To my eyes at least.
Quote:Amazon Basin is a place. While its roots were a haven for legit Amazons, all classes have a place at the Basin.

But of course, it's the largest rain forest in the world, located in Brazil. My reference to the Amazon Basin being a Diablo II Amazon-only affair is because of it's quoted beginnings:
Quote:"The Basin was just supposed to be a group of people who all played the Amazon class in Diablo II. It was a group of five, then 20, then 50 – and before I knew what happened, we had over 100 members. It grew pretty fast, mainly based on the strength of our Diablo II Amazon guides. Early guides from AK404, BrianDNA, and Bolshoi really put us on the map." - TPJ on the early beginnings of The Basin
Being heavily Amazon related, I never bothered with it. It's not just Amazons anymore, but that's what it was. The name is still Amazon Basin, and I'm still not an Amazon (neither a rain forest nor the tall-drink-of-water assortment).

As for my comments coming off as misogynistic, I'd have to agree. Sure sounds that way. I'm not actually that way, but that's sure what it sounds like. Maybe I have deep-seeded rejection issues or something. Who knows?

And yeah, I got the pun. "No Lag" and Blizzard is an oxymoron, so it makes that acronym that much more enjoyable.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
The mysoginist gag was suppsed to be with a winkie, being a bit of completely facestious hyperbole, nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, aye?

My bad

Occhi
In Memory of Pete