The Google-giveaways.
I am currently kicking myself for not taking advantage of the offers made by some fellow Loungers a few months back when Google was handing out free e-mail addresses. I have decided to abandon my "eirik_jakobsen@hotmail.com" which I've kept for the last 6-7 years due to the 2MB storage capacity (and because a forum wouldn't let me register with a hotmail-account.)

I tried https://gmail.google.com/ to see if I could get an e-mail out of them, but I guess their freebie-offers are long gone.
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a spare invite they couldn't find a person for?

If not, do you know of any other reliable, free, easy-to-use e-mail provider (other than hotmail.com)?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Aug 20 2004, 10:40 AM] If not, do you know of any other reliable, free, easy-to-use e-mail provider (other than hotmail.com)?
Yahoo offers 100mb of space and improved spam blocking.

Do you Yahoo?
Tal,Aug 20 2004, 03:46 PM Wrote:Do you Yahoo?
No. I'm more of a "yippi!"-kind of person..

----

Speaking of Yahoo, do I get some sort of E-mail programme, or do I have to use the virus-contraption known as "outlook"?

You can say what you want about hotmail (and there is plenty to say!), but it was always safe. I never contracted any viruses (viri?) If switching to Yahoo means having to install Outlook, then I'd just stick with the 2MB limit I have.

edit: I just caught a PM in my inbox. Thank you very much, young handsome stranger! :)
You don't have to use Outlook. It has it's own thing.

P.S. Get Thunderbird. (mozilla.org)
Thanks for the tip, but a friendly soul offered me a gmail-subscription via PM. I now have a 1GB storage limit. (Weee!)
Obi was pointing out that Thunderbird has its own mail client, like outlook... only much better. I almost feel dirty using Outlook and Thunderbird in the same sentence. :)

Cheers on the 1 gig. I love gmail.

Munk
No, I was pointing out that Yahoo! has it's own mail client, and Thunderbird is better than Outlook. :)
I realize this is a little like groveling, but if anyone has a spare invite they would like to share, I'd appreciate it :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Gmail has been generous. I just sent out 6 invitations and now I find 6 more sitting in my inbox. So, first 6 people who reply to this post and get me their email addresses get invites. First come, first served.

Edit: Sent invites to Tyderian, Flaming June, Ghostiger, Urza. Gmail sent me 2 more invites so 4 invites still left.
Awesome. I'll send you a PM with the information right away. ^_^
I would appreciate an invite. Info in PM as well.

Thank you

[/lurk] :)
"Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That's what being a scientist is all about." -- Hubert Farnsworth, Futurama
Heya, would definatly love a GMail Invite, PMing info now ^_^

Edit: Thanks much!
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Is anyone even reading this thread here?

I don't even want the GMail prize, and I've aced the competition (namely because I'm the only one in the contest so far!).
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Congratulations, Rhyd (or would you prefer Rhydd, or maybe Hael?)! No one has posted a better story than you.

/edit: Although that Gymkata...
nt