Free bleach!
Vandiablo,May 4 2004, 02:20 AM Wrote:Congrats on a job well done on what you've lost so far.
Thanks.

Quote:Watch out for that oxycontin. (It can turn even the most sanctimonious self-righteous into lying addicts and then on to lying hypocrites.)

Now that you mention that, it seems I remember hearing about some big-mouthed conservative radio commentator... :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Incredible job, Loch. I myself have fought weight, and have dropped from 287 to 213 over the past four months. I can't fathom how much discipline and sheer willpower it took to lose all of that weight. You truly have my respect.

I've always been pretty rotund since about fifth grade, and for the first few years, I'd get pretty down from all of the constant insults and leering. Now, it doesn't bother me now. Then again, I don't let much reach me, positive or negative. It's one thing to strengthen yourself, but don't be like me and become so strong (or perhaps so weak) that you cease to feel at all. ;)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:The real thing about the message that struck me was the, probably unintended, phrasing "deal with". 
I realize in hindsight, that I made a grievous error by using the term "deal with". I'm disappointed in myself. I consider my English lexicon to be of substantial quality, and should know what that term implies. What I meant to say was something along the lines of "I don't know how to act around them." This thought comes from wanting to over-compensate by being extra nice due to their disability while at the same time treating them like equals. I suspect most people with these kinds of issues would like to be treated equal, that they'd like to be seen as a regular person and not a fat/skinny/tall/short/ person. I myself have suffered from acne during all of my adolescence and it has had some frightening impacts on my life as well as my personality. I am no longer the person I was destined to be 10 years ago. Although I would never dare assume I know you you must feel, Lochnar, I can honestly say that I too have felt awkward having to face people's looks in school, in the city and on the street. It changes you.

Quote:BTW, where in that avatar is the sign that says "I am retarded"?  You made an assumption based on look and actions only.
You're right. I did judge him solely on his appearances for the singular reason that I've yet to encounter what we shouldn't label (but still do) "a normal person" with those facial distinctions.

Quote:The other category is the morbidly obese.  As has been discussed (or at least intimated) here before, I do fit this category as do many of my family.
I'm terribly sorry I used the phrase "morbidly obese". It's a phrase I learned at an early age watching Seinfeld, and I've used it in regards to people with a weight problem ever since. I was not aware of your situation. Had I known, I wouldn't even have mentioned weight in the original post.

Quote:Food has been my comfort and companion since.  Food is as much of an addiction as would be alchohol or any other drug.  The difference is that food can't be dealt with through abstinence as can alchohol or any other drug of choice. 
"Cheeseburgers and solitude are a dangerous combination"
- The Comic book store-guy (The Simpsons ... as if there was ever any doubt)
I know. I don't want this to turn into a blog, I'm afraid Pete'll come and smack me in the head with something big and shiny, but I've turned to food as well for lack of human companionship. I am currently hooked on sugar. I'm trying very hard to get through the day without consuming some sort of tasty treat. Yesterday I had donuts. Today I had 2 pieces of chocolate cake. (and it's just 1 in the afternoon.) It's hard giving up what you love, especially when you, as you pointed out, when you can't give it up completely, but have to consume it regularly.

I think it's impressive how much weight you've lost. I'm not sure how much pounds are in kilograms, but I suspect it to be about half, meaning you've lost over 50kg, an astounding number. You've lost the equivalent of a supermodel.

I would like to wish you good luck with your diet. I don't think there's anything I can say which you already haven't thought about.

Again, sorry for the comment.

Best regards

- [winzip]Angel
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,May 4 2004, 11:15 AM]You've lost the equivalent of a supermodel.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks I needed that!

Off to the doc for a follow up.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
OK, so I'll admit that DeeBye's freebies have put me in the habit of browsing the freebie sites myself from time to time. :blink:

If you want free tabasco, and don't mind getting some ads for Louisiana along with it, follow this link.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote: You've lost the equivalent of a supermodel.

Quote:Thanks I needed that!

Off to the doc for a follow up.

1. How does one lose a super model? Does one have a leash breakage? Does one look in the hall closet, wondering if one left her in the garage? Does one go sailing and watch in horror as she tumbles over the side? (Poor sharks, not much meat on that bit of sharkbait!)

2. Or is it, as you seem to imply, that that darned doctor, being rich and all, has lured her away with his BMW and his charm, and you have to go do battle for "The Fair Dulcinea!"

3. If you lost a rogue, would you go to a doctor, or would you head on over to a tavern in Khanduras, expecting to find her telling stories and slapping rubes around?

4. By the way, that size 4 dress she left behing would be great for waxing my car with. Since this is a free stuff thread, could you send me that rag? Car needs a waxing more than here bikini line ever did!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
You know, Lochnar, it sort of strikes a nerve with me.

You see - I am more than willing to admit that some people, when it comes to weight problems, are disadvantaged. There are a couple thousand human disadvantages though, and a lot of them don't get any real pity. I have, well a couple random disorders, quite wonderful, that I will never get one scrap of sympathy from the world at large over.

So I do, I imagine, have a chip on my shoulder. I admit that willingly. The fact I have terrible difficulty in social situations due to overwhelming shyness will never be shouldered by anyone else nor every earn me any comfort. Not from my family, not from my friends, not from my lovers*. No one. It bugs me. I tell people I'm shy and they flat out deny it to my face. You're not shy, after all, you don't have a problem talking to me.

But I digress.

The thing is, for every one person who has serious weight problems due to genetic and behavioural problems, there's a hundred people who are just #$%&ing slobs who eat too damn much. I can't blame a ten year old for being fat, but anyone past that is given a ton of options in the western world on what to eat and whether or not to exercise. I'm a hundred and sixty five pounds, give or take three. At six foot one. I've been on a diet for over a month, and on a stable exercise routine for three weeks now. Not looking to get any commendments here - Just saying, I know how hard it is. It's tough. Unhealthy food is packaged in the most elaborate and delicious looking of containers. Eating a head of romaine lettuce is, so very bitter.

It is hard, but it can be done. You can abstain from the foods that make you fat - For most people, not saying you, but most - it's quite possible to simply cut out the foods which will cause problems and learn to eat in general moderation.

This where I personally get upset when people defend the general obesity problem of the west. For one thing, these people make you look bad, and they just look bad. The people who have a problem with their weight get lumped into a giant crowd of people who, for all intents and purposes, had the metabolism and had the potential to be healthy individuals and have instead taken it upon themselves to just eat like a pig. Yeah, food feels pretty damn good. I'm not arguing that.

So does raping people, driving your car over the speed limit and lighting things on fire. While I'm not trying to say eating is like raping, or something bizarre like that, we are all given the capacity to not, say, drive over a crowd of school children because we're late for work. Obesity is a problem which stems from people's ability to accept it as "only natural" or "perfectly reasonable" or ultimately okay. It isn't. If people took an active interest in not being overweight, they wouldn't be. It's a very choice driven problem. And people defending it, one way or the other, end of advocating other people's choices, or getting offended because people dislike 99% of the population who acts a certain way.

You may be innocent - but there's so many people guilty of just being stupid lardasses for no good reason. And while I appreciate your situation, it angers me to see people defending such people. A lot of other people might share my opinion.

*= Haven't had many of those
Looks like I found the wrong freebie thread to resurrect. :(
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 8 2004, 03:10 AM Wrote:1.  How does one lose a super model?
One forgets how to be a man and turns into a needy wuss-bag yes dear who gives in to all her foibles so that she becomes bored and moves on to the next bad boy that comes along.

Quote:4.  By the way, that size 4 dress she left behing would be great for waxing my car with.
Size 4? Aren't they down to size 0 these days? All I know is I only got through 2 headlights and a wheel before it was down to threads. You'd think 500 dollars would buy more material than that.

Taeme,Sep 8 2004, 03:41 AM Wrote:You may be innocent - but there's so many people guilty of just being stupid lardasses for no good reason. And while I appreciate your situation, it angers me to see people defending such people.
I was not defending their choices. I was advocating understanding of how a person can get to such a point. Would you attack someone for having lung cancer because they smoked earlier in life? I don't think so, but that is even more so a case of someone making a choice that creates a situation. The body does not require smoke or nicotine to survive but people choose it because it is made attractive by peers and advertising and they get addicted to it. Food is required to survive and it is very easy, and very cheap, to self medicate oneself with it when the pressures of everyday life gets to you. The pleasure provided by food can often be more than that provided by sex or drugs. It is the desire that keeps us alive. Understanding - walking a mile in the other guys shoes - makes life so much better for all those concerned.

Griselda,Sep 8 2004, 10:49 AM Wrote:Looks like I found the wrong freebie thread to resurrect. :(
Shame on you! Look what you did in the interest of spicing up peoples lives. ;)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
You got some free low quality jokes from a few of us. :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
DeeBye,May 2 2004, 03:03 AM Wrote:Who wants a free 96oz bottle of bleach?

Offer available in the US and Canada.
Sorry, this relates to the original post:
The free bleach offer is gone, and has been replaced with one for a stack ($9 worth) of coupons and a book.
However, it is only valid in the areas where they are currently airing their cleaning infomercial. Those areas seem to be Boston, Memphis, Philadelphia and Seattle. They check your Zip/Postal Code to confirm that you are in their area.

What set me on this was the size of the bottle in the original offer. I've never seen a 96 ounce bottle of bleach, to my recollection. Around here, bleach comes in 3.6 liter (about 120 ounce) and 5 liter. I would have liked to walk into a store with a coupon for a size that didn't exist.

-rcv-