Colors
Tal,Aug 14 2004, 09:30 AM Wrote:Fair's fair - are you? ;)
Not at the present time.
kandrathe,Aug 14 2004, 09:49 AM Wrote:Here are some other things to ponder or interject into the conversation while drunk or high;
  • <>
  • To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

<>
  • I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.

<>
  • I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

<>
  • If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

<>
  • Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have.

<>
  • I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

<>
  • It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

<>
    [st]All courtesy of Jack Handy.&nbsp; And, this one makes a good closer;
    Quote:Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
    --Jack Handy
*Prints out said list*
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Kandrathe put Des - cartes on the table. He can do what he likes with them!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Quote:and nobody would be able to find out.

First of all, color and brightness are two different things.
White and black aren't so much "colors" as they are levels of brightness, and since we can all actually see (blind people/things/objects excluded) things this means we can all at least see brightness levels, and can therefore all tell the difference between 'black' and 'white' (shades of gray may also be included in this assumption, as gray is nothing more than not quite black, and not quite white).

1. Brightness comparison:Yellow is a 'brighter' color than blue. Heck, yellow is usually a brighter color than most things.
2. Shading comparison: Pink is related to red, as they have similar shades (dark pinks look red, light reds look pink).
3. Mixing comparison: When you mix Blue and Yellow you get Green.

Testing people using questions based on variations of these three statements will lead you to believe that everyone 'sees the same colors'.
If my orange were your blue and your blue my orange, then my orange would be darker than my blue, which would be wrong, thus my orange should be your orange.

Serious enough for you?

Who thinks I need another cryptic statement in my signature??
Grarrrg,Aug 14 2004, 10:32 PM Wrote:Who thinks I need another cryptic statement in my signature??
I do. Variety is the spice of life.
I'm sorry, but repetition is a time-tested form of quality comedy. Quality, I tells ya. Let the man riff!

The quality of humour aside, everytime DeeBye asks, I have to admit, I'm wondering the same thing...

Reading this thread sure has been enjoyable, though. Quality laughs. If I were funnier, I'd attempt to make a joke. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing; this thread makes me want to go get drunk and/or high.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
You buy a Schopenhaur

(Shop an hour?)

*ducks*

Hey, I'm not the one who started making puns with the names of philosophers, and while I am at it, you all know of the actress Jennifer Garner? Heideger.

(I dig 'er)

*scampers from the room*
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Dear God, Occhi, that post is terrible. And magnificent. At the same time.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
.see simularly.

The concepts of "cool" and "warm" colors are the same through out the world. In one obscure area they actually only name to colors. One to represent all the "warm" colors and one for the "cool" colors.

Also many studies have confirmed consistant responses to colors. Many business make good use of this to modulate are moods to suit there needs.
For instance eateries that want you move along quickly tend to use much yellow and orange.

PS. I think your probably high.
Similarly, you're sure to notice that when businesses try to suit their colors to our varied inner eyes, they consistently match the product they wish to sell, and it's background setting, to the targeted customer profile.

They don't try to sell aftershave the same way as ritzy perfume. There is no 'one size fits all' method for making a sale.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Aug 15 2004, 10:02 AM Wrote:Similarly, you're sure to notice that when businesses try to suit their colors to our varied inner eyes, they consistently match the product they wish to sell, and it's background setting, to the targeted customer profile.
Cheerios!

On the first day of one of the first classes my friend took towards a marketing design degree, the instructor took the whole class to explain the psychology behind the Cheerio's box. Most of it was about color theory, and why the yellow works.

Frankly it scares me that people spend time researching psychological reactions to box packaging.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:I taught my horse arithmetic, which it learned with no difficulty, and algebra was a breeze.&nbsp; It would even prove theorems in euclidean geometry, but when I tried to teach it analytic geometry, it would rear back on its hind legs, kick ferociously, neigh loudly and make violent head motions in resistance.

Quote:The importance of new, exciting, invigorating and utterly unique philosophical paradigms linking the consumption of chocolate and the infinite search for truth is paramount. And may I be so bold as to say both are intrinsically linked - without one; the other does not exist; no chocolate, no truth, no life."I binge therefore I'm pudgy"
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Unless one were partially or totally color blind. Or, one might have a genetic defect or injury limiting the number of rod cells in the retina.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]