Alien Vs Predator, The movie
As for crossovers, I'm still waiting for the "Tyrael vs Kerrigan"-thing.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:What would be more awesome would be Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs Jedi all set in the Matrix.

Aliens and Predators teamed up against the entire works of Hanna and Barbera.

"Look Yogi, it's crawling out of my belly, quick get the ranger!!!" "Hey, Hey, Boo Boo, you are on your own."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I got a more realistic one for you folks. What kind of movies have they been making a lot of lately? Want a clue? It starts with Marvel and ends with Comics.

I'm sure if these "versus" movies continue to be hits (oh, BTW, I read today that they're going to make a Freddy vs. Jason II), you can expect to see an XMEN vs. Avengers, Punisher vs. Daredevil, Ghost Rider vs. Jhonny Blaze, etc...
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
No. I want it to be gruesomely one sided. I want the bad guys to shred my 70's and 80's cartoon heroes into flecks of celluloid. (Except for Johnny Quest. He and Hadji were the bomb.) I want the Super Twins to be first to go, graphic and extremely violent.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

kandrathe,Aug 16 2004, 09:30 AM Wrote:No.  I want it to be gruesomely one sided.  I want the bad guys to shred my 70's and 80's cartoon heroes into flecks of celluloid.  (Except for Johnny Quest.  He and Hadji were the bomb.)  I want the Super Twins to be first to go, graphic and extremely violent.
Okay, how about we let Quentin Tarintino write and direct the crossover script of Super Friends (DC Comics I believe) vs. X-Men (Marvel). No cartoon version and no-holds-barred pure action/carnage. Now that would be entertainment ;) !

EDIT - Oh wait, you said one-sided... I got it, give the X-men access to cryptonite and its "game over man".
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:I got it, give the X-men access to cryptonite and its "game over man".
Everyone thinks that Kryptonite is the only way, but Clark Kent was an emotional basket case. Easy pickings for Professor Xavier or Dr. Jean Grey.

He's also VERY vulnerable to Magic, which I think the X-men have access to one way or the other. I mean, I think even Forge can do some Indian Shaman tricks.

The only person I'd worry about is Batman. He's the true man of DC.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
Batman? He's just a rich vengeful guy with the coolest toys money can buy. So very mortal.

I can't be certain whether or not you have some slight problem with chronology or following the path of addressment of messages to forumites, but you're just a little out of your place, kid. Because, in this exchange between one forumite to another, you appear to have some irrational compulsion to dive right on in with an attack that neither concerns you nor have you contributed to in any previous context.

In other words, just who are you, sonny, and why are you in my gunsights?

I can probably clue in to your lack of thought behind your post through your sheer inability to recognize just when a joke goes stale, and deign to cast ill support with the offending party as if it was your jibe that had been repeated for the third or fourth time.

You had not proven your qualification to sound off, in the lackluster and infantile manner which you did, to this particular tangent in the thread. You weren't in it, you haven't done anything to steer it, and you obviously hadn't a clue as to what exactly was going on.

So, what exactly are you trying to do here, beside prove you couldn't weave a comeback (and I apply the term "comeback" loosely, since it wasn't heading to you in the first place) that could rise above a fourth-grade level. Do you have some sort of attention problem and still see much humor in a joke that gets played again and again and again in short order? Do you have some obsessive disorder that makes you butt into an exchange between two strangers you have not involved yourself in beforehand?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Doc,Aug 3 2004, 07:06 PM Wrote:A little trivia factoid thingamajig.

OK, we all know by now about the Alien skull in the trophy room. Obvious tie in.

What most folks do not know is the Robocop / Terminator tie in. Robocop, in the first movie, if you have a large enough screen and good freeze frame capability, on one of his computer screens you will see that Robocop's software was made by Cyberdine AI Network Systems.

Robocop vs Terminator?
It's actually been done, albeit in comic form. Ever wonder just what made Skynet gain its own conciousness?

Do a search for Robocop & Terminator and I'm sure you'll find some tidbits.

Edit/Addition: Dark Horse Comics. http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search.php...+vs.+Terminator

There's your tie-in.
See you in Town,
-Z
I believe the universe pits the two as a fairly even match. The Predators have a rite of passage involving their young warriors battling aliens and either winning (a la trophy on the wall in Predator 2) or losing (time to self-destruct).

I'm going to be seeing it in a few days. I'm just worried that the merging of two franchises I've enjoyed could be lackluster. We shall see.
See you in Town,
-Z