Alien Vs Predator, The movie
Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo looking forward to seen it :D
Think it sooooo gonna own everything :)

Anyone else looking forward to seeing it
Pick me. I am the biggest Alien junkie ever. I own all the movies and games (I'm too scared to play the games though.)
Hi

This Movie will Rock...I voted for the Predator :P

Voting results with my vote:

Alien:........ 2,082.939
Pedator:... 1,474.090

Go here to Vote:

Alien vs Predator, The Movie !!!

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Predator has it hands down. To quote Red Mage of 8-Bit Theater: "Aliens have to rely on their numbers and the element of surprise. The Predator can beat damn near anything." Now then if there were some kind of hyper-inteligent aliens out there who gain access to high technology...well then that'd be a whole different story, and perhaps the basis of a sequil ^_^
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Alien>Predator

A predator can jump, and shoot stuff, and turn invisible. Gg.

An alien can move faster, jump farther, has two mouths for owning it's opponents head, a razor sharp tail, 4 claws, AND can see the Predator when it's invisible.

Owned.
That's an Alien skull in the Predator's trophy room (one of the movies, inner ship). Haven't seen a Predator/Alien hybrid (yet). Mass-Predators combined w/Pred-tech. Gonna be a bug massacre.
I smell... Bugs! And they are quite na-a-asty, ALMOST as na-a-a-asty as me.
Hi,

Even Ahnold can beat a Predator, but it takes a Sigourney to win against an Alien. Now, I don't *think* old Arnie is a, how shall I say this delicately, girly man. But Sig's one tough broad. Just to mix in one more universe, if she'd gone fifteen with Rocky that series would have ended with a funeral. So judging a foe by its enemies, my vote's with the Aliens ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote: That's an Alien skull in the Predator's trophy room (one of the movies, inner ship). Haven't seen a Predator/Alien hybrid (yet). Mass-Predators combined w/Pred-tech. Gonna be a bug massacre.

Predator 2. It's probably like the only Alien any predator has ever killed.
The movie looks fun.

I'm a bit distressed by the fact that it's present day Earth, and "first contact" isn't supposed to occur for centuries. That and the whole Lovecraft/Mountains of Madness ripoff. But it should be a fun popcorn movie. And hopefully the first decent Alien movie since 1986.
;)
Speaking of mixing in one more universe, I'd like to have seen the human component of the Alien versus Predator story come twofold: actual mankind in the guise of the Human Resistance, and the twisted machination that is the SkyNet Infiltrator Series— the Terminators.

Imagine if you will: just before the nuclear bombardment destroyed virtually all recorded history on the planet, SkyNet was able to gather a hint or two about an advanced and potentially hostile alien presence that was encountered in both Latin America and the city of Los Angeles. So, while SkyNet attempts to eradicate the last remnants of humanity from Earth, it embarks on an experimental space program where machine droneships will be hurtled into outlying star systems via a derivative of the space-time warp technology it used to create the time-spheres. Enacting it self-preservation aspect, SkyNet's intention is to pacify and secure the outlying worlds in order to create a buffer zone around Earth from any extraterrestrial incursion.

On one of the worlds of the closer star systems, a SkyNet droneship discovers alien life— a Predator hunting bastion. SkyNet assaults the world with Hunter-Killers and Terminator chassis— an invasion that is eventually beaten off by the Predators.

The Predators are, quite naturally, now very pissed. The kicker is that they have not had any contact with Earth since Judgement Day. They have no idea that an artificial intelligence moves to control the Earth. The Predators mistakenly think that the humans of Earth have launched this attack, using drones as their weapons. The hierarchy of the Predators come to a decision: punish the humans and eliminate the threat they now pose to the rest of the galaxy. How to do it? Seed a Xenomorph queen or two on Earth, and let the Aliens finish off humanity. Xenomorphs will excel at destroying the organic life on the planet. That's the whole flaw of the Predator plan: their true enemy, SkyNet, is an inorganic entity that is not susceptible to Aliens infesting its population.

But the deed is done, a Queen is dropped beneath the ground near one of the sprawling, metallic cities sitting upon the Earth, and Aliens are now wreaking havoc with the underground lairs of the Human Resistance. Only after Earth has been seeded with the Xenomorph do the Predators learn the full truth of the situation: humanity is blameless for the invasion attempt, and the Predators have needlessly condemned humanity to extinction whilst the true threat remains unharmed.

So, the Preds come on down for a two-fold mission: try and take out their true threat, SkyNet; and aid humanity in cleaning up the Alien infestation taking seed underneath one of their cities (which happens to be a Factory City of the Machines, making the infiltration all the harder for the humans). And as a side-mission, the Predators would be more than a little curious to see how a plasma-armed Human Resistance fighter may stand to a little sport...
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Hi,

Actually, as crazy as it sounds, I think you hit upon an idea that would make a great popcorn movie. Might even get me into a theater -- a rare occasion.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Sure, I'll go with the Alien in the American release. But in the Japanese version Godzilla crushes them both...
Great plot. So when you going to make it as I would love to see it. :)
The alien is stronger,bigger,but slower than a Predator.
The Predator can only rely on his speed and his weapons to kill an Alien,while the Alien can rely on strength and size to squelch the Predator;the fight is all about strength against speed;I'd say fifty fifty

Another advantage of the Alien is his corrosive blood,so that a Predator can't handle a close fight;he would have not to keep close to stand a good chance of killing the Alien
I have an inherent dislike for Predators because they engineer every conflict - they don't really "challenge" themselves unless they are certain they will win. Pretty cowardly.

Aliens are merciless, but if you want to get warm and fuzzy about it, their loyalties lie strictly in home and family. Go forth! Be fruitful and multiply! Always listen to your mother and make her proud!
:P

Of course, if the humans are not instrumental in turning the conflict in one direction or the other, then the whole exercise is simply an FX extravaganza.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
B)
I think that no one will win. It will end up in a draw at the end and make the ending so there will *have* to be a sequel made so that the company making the movie will make more money.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Pete and Tal.

The problem of crafting the story is a bit more daunting than it first appears. If we wanted little more than a plot-driven FX-fest that's little else than a big-screen video game demonstration, then I'm all set with exactly what I've described here.

Problem is, I don't really want that sort of movie. Character-driven stories will need, of course, engaging characters.

That's the problem. We have four factions at play: SkyNet; Human Resistance; Aliens; Predators. How these four come across to each other as well as sit with the audience's sympathies is a tangled web that needs to be set straight.

My real problem is defining the Predators. They are the wildcards here. The motivations and needs of the other three can be spelled out in black and white: the Predators are the ones that are grey (or more appropriately, black and white all spottled together). Are they here for selfless motivations (save humanity and the galaxy at whole) or selfish reasons (save humans as their potential quarry as well as have fun nailing both the Aliens and Terminators). Do the Preds have any respect for sentient races they hunt, or will they treat humans little more than cattle given as much regard as a ranch hand tending the herd on a drive to the slaughterhouse? Will they actively ally themselves with the Resistance, or simply fight their enemies indirectly? And by application of either (or both) these aspects, how does that play in engaging the audience to root for the humans (obviously) and (maybe) the Predators?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote: Speaking of mixing in one more universe, I'd like to have seen the human component of the Alien versus Predator story come twofold: actual mankind in the guise of the Human Resistance, and the twisted machination that is the SkyNet Infiltrator Series— the Terminators.

Imagine if you will: just before the nuclear bombardment destroyed virtually all recorded history on the planet, SkyNet was able to gather a hint or two about an advanced and potentially hostile alien presence that was encountered in both Latin America and the city of Los Angeles. So, while SkyNet attempts to eradicate the last remnants of humanity from Earth, it embarks on an experimental space program where machine droneships will be hurtled into outlying star systems via a derivative of the space-time warp technology it used to create the time-spheres. Enacting it self-preservation aspect, SkyNet's intention is to pacify and secure the outlying worlds in order to create a buffer zone around Earth from any extraterrestrial incursion.

On one of the worlds of the closer star systems, a SkyNet droneship discovers alien life— a Predator hunting bastion. SkyNet assaults the world with Hunter-Killers and Terminator chassis— an invasion that is eventually beaten off by the Predators.

The Predators are, quite naturally, now very pissed. The kicker is that they have not had any contact with Earth since Judgement Day. They have no idea that an artificial intelligence moves to control the Earth. The Predators mistakenly think that the humans of Earth have launched this attack, using drones as their weapons. The hierarchy of the Predators come to a decision: punish the humans and eliminate the threat they now pose to the rest of the galaxy. How to do it? Seed a Xenomorph queen or two on Earth, and let the Aliens finish off humanity. Xenomorphs will excel at destroying the organic life on the planet. That's the whole flaw of the Predator plan: their true enemy, SkyNet, is an inorganic entity that is not susceptible to Aliens infesting its population.

But the deed is done, a Queen is dropped beneath the ground near one of the sprawling, metallic cities sitting upon the Earth, and Aliens are now wreaking havoc with the underground lairs of the Human Resistance. Only after Earth has been seeded with the Xenomorph do the Predators learn the full truth of the situation: humanity is blameless for the invasion attempt, and the Predators have needlessly condemned humanity to extinction whilst the true threat remains unharmed.

So, the Preds come on down for a two-fold mission: try and take out their true threat, SkyNet; and aid humanity in cleaning up the Alien infestation taking seed underneath one of their cities (which happens to be a Factory City of the Machines, making the infiltration all the harder for the humans). And as a side-mission, the Predators would be more than a little curious to see how a plasma-armed Human Resistance fighter may stand to a little sport...

What would be more awesome would be Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs Jedi all set in the Matrix.
unrealshadow13,Aug 2 2004, 06:44 PM Wrote:What would be more awesome would be Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs Jedi all set in the Matrix.
You forgot Robocop.