Alien Vs Predator, The movie
All due respect— you can have that one. And let's see if the studios will buy the pitch.

Meh. Disney would. Those boys are completely devoid of the art.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
DeeBye,Aug 2 2004, 05:49 PM Wrote:
unrealshadow13,Aug 2 2004, 06:44 PM Wrote:What would be more awesome would be Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs Jedi all set in the Matrix.
You forgot Robocop.
...and Lara Croft, and Spiderman, and John Rambo, and Bruce Lee, and Captain Kirk, and Will Smith, and Charles Bronson, and Clint Eastwood, and John Wayne, and Mel Gibson, and.....

--Copadope
Hello? Some schmuck named Fifteen Minutes Ago just called for you. He wants his joke back.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
A little trivia factoid thingamajig.

OK, we all know by now about the Alien skull in the trophy room. Obvious tie in.

What most folks do not know is the Robocop / Terminator tie in. Robocop, in the first movie, if you have a large enough screen and good freeze frame capability, on one of his computer screens you will see that Robocop's software was made by Cyberdine AI Network Systems.

Robocop vs Terminator?
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
If you really want to make a serious SciFi movie, with lot's of cool background story, a devoted geek fanbase and numerous merchandising articles you should do the obvious:

Aliens vs. Predator vs. ... GUNGANS!!!!!

muahahahaha!!!!!

:blink: :blink: :blink:

/gungan
thththtshshshwwwreeetingsszzzzssss
/end gungan

Nuur

P.S.: Sorry, I so want to play WoW that I have finally (or yet again) lost what was left of my precoious little mind...
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Batman. Batman pWnz all. Here's the proof.

http://mukpuddy.kennedy.hosting.co.nz/mukm...man-DeadEnd.mov
IKKE,Jul 31 2004, 03:02 AM Wrote:Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo looking forward to seen it :D
Think it sooooo gonna own everything :)

Anyone else looking forward to seeing it
Heh, I absolutely love the Alien movies/concept, however this movie looks like more of a cash-cow than anything to me. Predator 1 was very enthralling, but P2 sucked (so did the movie :P ). What really concerns me is that this movie was partially made almost ten years ago and went way over budget so was dropped, then was re-picked up recently and finished. That means ten years of lame animatronics, costumes, possible graphics, etc. That's my main concern.

Other than that, I will see this movie in the theaters :D.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The media blackout is worrying me. Rottentomatoes.com still has no reviews up.
:unsure:
There are some bad reviews on Aint-It-Cool-News.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Hi

Don't read the Reviews, the people who wrote them might have had a Bad day...>go to the Movie buy a soda & popcorn/butter and Enjoy the movie...then read the reviews. If you read them first you will carry a negitive review in your Brain Ram and not have Fun :D

How many times did you Not see a Movie because of bad reviews, then rented it and found it to be really Good or even Great [Pearl Harbor]:P

This movie Alien vs Predator is a Must See on the BIG Screen :o

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
I LOOOOOOVED IT!

Survival horror, dead terrans, one-on-one alien vs predator battles with plenty of stalking! Hey, even a chemical engineer! Which is my current undergrad major. I love the primativeness of it all. The heavy-ness to the battles. Go see this movie!
Hi,

If you find a reviewer that you agree with most of the time, that's good. If you find one that you disagree with most of the time, that's just as good (just do the opposite of what he says). Reviewers are useful. Sure, you could "go to the Movie buy a soda & popcorn/butter and Enjoy the movie". But just how many trash movies do you really want to watch on the off chance of finding a good one? Not to mention, how much do you want to ruin your arteries with that "butter by Chevron"?

Me, I go to about one movie every two years and still find that that's about twice as often as good films come out. I mean, what's wrong with wanting an action adventure with plot and characters? Highlander did it as did . . .? OK, so it has only been done once. Is it too much to ask that it be done again.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I thought the movie was a little short and everyone died too quickly. I have a feeling a lot of the movie script was written out due to time constraints.
Quote:Pete:
I mean, what's wrong with wanting an action adventure with plot and characters? Highlander did it as did . . .? OK, so it has only been done once. Is it too much to ask that it be done again.

It sounds like you're holding out for Alien vs Highlander, eh Pete? Or would you prefer Highlander vs Predator? These couldn't possibly be worse than Highlander 2, right?

EDIT: Giving this second thought, I think Highlander vs Peter Pan might be a more appropriate (if less apocalyptic) match up. Just as the Highlander is immortal, Peter Pan has infinitely long life so long as he remains in Neverland. Furthermore, both use swords as their primary mode of combat. So, this seems fair enough to me. As for casting, Christopher Lambert and Michael Jackson star. (Adrian Paul can stay on TV.)

-Lemmy
Hi,

Please, this is a family forum. Don't use language like "Highlander 2". I understand the writers for that abortion had an IQ of 140. Total. For all eight of them.

Twentieth century bathos.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I enjoyed it. AVP was hardly "high entertainment" but watching Predators and Aliens duking it out on the big screen was certainly interesting. At least they dropped all pretenses of trying to make the story sensible (a mixture of Egyptian, Aztec, and Malaysian languages - who thought that one up? <_< ) and got to the core of what the audience wanted. There are certain movies where you just walk in, expect no story or character development, and can still be entertained. This is one of them. One doesn't always have to be so serious about movies.

I agree with Sir Die alot, however. The quickness with which the humans were mowed down was amazing even for me... and I expected everyone to be dead within 45 minutes. The movie was definitely too short though, for most of the characters, I heard their name once and then they were dead by the time I heard it for a second time. The characters would litterally be dropped into new situations and then immediately slaughtered before you knew it without even fully exploring the latest development. Even if you don't expect any character development, it gets a little silly.

Weyland practicing his skills with a knife was definitely a subtle, but nice, nod to Bishop in Aliens.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Pete,Aug 13 2004, 09:11 PM Wrote:Hi,

Please, this is a family forum.&nbsp; Don't use language like "Highlander 2".&nbsp; I understand the writers for that abortion had an IQ of 140.&nbsp; Total.&nbsp; For all eight of them.

Twentieth century bathos.

--Pete
Did you know that I use to be a Highlander fan, that is until Highlander 4 came out and blew me away with how incredibly horrid a movie could actually be.

But FYI, they originally had a good couple-hundred hours filmed of HL2 in France, but the French government confiscated their film and because they were going to go over budget, they had no choice but to stick with what they had, film some crappy scene as fillers, and do a massively lame rewrite. The director’s cut is a little better, but not much. I do think that if the original film hadn't been confiscated, the movie would of been a LOT better.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
King Jim,Aug 13 2004, 03:53 PM Wrote:How many times did you Not see a Movie because of bad reviews, then rented it and found it to be really Good or even Great&nbsp; [Pearl Harbor]:P
Pearl Harbor was a rancid piece of trash. It was one of the few movies I actually got up and walked away from.

As for AvP, if you didn't see it coming (the fact that the movie was destined to suck), you must not have watched the trailer much. My first reaction was that the movie was going to be awful - nice to see the initial viewpoint confirmed. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
There are two kinds of good movies: the good ones that are well done and entertaining, and the badass ones.
Rhydderch Hael,Aug 3 2004, 08:45 PM Wrote:Hello? Some schmuck named Fifteen Minutes Ago just called for you. He wants his joke back.
"Oh yeah? Well the jerkstore called. They're running out of you!"
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw