Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre
I, too, have both Jarre and Vangelis on those 12" (30 1/2 cm) black vinyl things.

No one has mentioned that Vengelis did the theme to Carl Sagan's Cosmos series ("Heaven & Hell").

Oxygene has been my favorite Jarre. I also like Ponty - but that may just be a Jean-Luc sort of thing. :)

Morricone I've not heard of - must check him (her/it/them?) out.

Mannheim Steamroller is okay, but the seed to my appreciating classical music came from Synergy (Larry Fast). Listen to his first two albums - "Electronic Realizations..." and "Sequencer" - and then consider they were done with analog equipment back in the mid 70's. That gorgeous dieing flute in "Warriors" on the first album and the Largo from Dvorak's New World Symphony on "Sequencer".

Vaguely associated with Larry Fast on their first album was a band called Shadowfax. Progressive metal buffs can try to imagine Dream Theatre doing an "unplugged" set - transported back in time to 1975 - the album is "Watercourse Way".

On the whole, though, my musical tastes have shifted to "wooden music". Classical, Celtic Harp, that sort of thing. (And the folk music concerts are intimate enough that I can usually talk with the musicians afterward. :) )

-- CH