July 15th, 2004 - LL turns 5!
edited
Just decided to say Happy 5th Birthday too! So, to everyone out there,

Happy Father's Day!

That sounds about right... ^_^
Sorry it's so late, but congratulations! Five years old and the Lounge is still going strong. Keep up the good work!

Jim
A belated very happy birthday and congrats to the LL, and thanks to Bolty and the others for maintaining a great forum!
And another belated happy birthday from me as well.

It's good to see the Lurker Lounge is still going strong. Keep up the good work, Bolty & co!

-Leshy
"Reality? That's where Pizza's are delivered late all the time!"
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
And how consistent with the history of the Lounge. (I refer of course to CLICHENAME's 'brilliant and witty' salutation, now lost to posterity. Its passing will be held with the same regret as grafitti cleaned from a latrine wall. But I digress. :P )

The vast majority of the folks here pitch in something funny, witty, positive, even sly, and of course one amoeba had to be a complete jagov. It's the Lounge. Dearly beloved Griselda did a bit of pest control. Just like always. A fitting piece fit into an otherwise delightful and light hearted thread.

That said, I am glad I have a chance to access the Lounge, for however short a time, and a chance to convey my thanks to the Boltmeister for his being our congenial host for this past 5 years. You the man. Thanks also to Elric, Gris, MMagCH, et al, for their assistance in the moderating and admin duties, sorry my service as an admin was so short lived and so PC problem plagued.

Hmmm, checking my post count . . . *slams head on desk* Man, you just can't outrun facts, can you?

Garrolous Rogue

Coda:

Poetry from the Land of Not Quite Right

In Happy Valley there lived a man
Played Blizz games, he was quite the fan
He shared his passion With all who came
To the comfy Lounge, built for a game
Always improving, no slacking off, he
Got songs from a rogue who drinks too much coffee!
For mods and friends he never lacked
Though now and again he got attacked
By smart and dumb and just plain mean
Yet somehow he always kept it clean.
It never hurts to make good friends,
Who'll fight for you to the bitter end.
Legit is good, that 's Bolty 's tenet
(He gets my vote for Prez or Senate)
As he prepares another face lift
Fast as a rogue shoots "click and shift"
We'll toast him again -- I know he won't mind it
Because he knows: fun is where you find it. :D

WIth warmest wishes, and hopes that we celebrate the Six Pack anniversary next year.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
*applause*
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Lol?
Banned, he's been here before and lives only to troll.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.