July 15th, 2004 - LL turns 5!
Oh god, five years.

I hope some have grown wiser (not me), we're not going to be any younger! :unsure:

To the next five years
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Hey, I was there =P
Wooot ! :D BDay spankins for all ...... :D now get in line ! :P
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Bolty,Jul 20 2004, 05:16 PM Wrote:Isn't it great how it's TPJ that posts about this and not a "Lounge person?"
Hey! Someone has got to be on top of things around here! *poke*
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Happy birthday! =)

Lurky Loungy goodness for five years... wow.
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Congratulations on beating the odds! Thanks to all who have built this place and made it so nice to visit.

Sailboat
Happy birthday, let's raise a toast for another 5 great years of the LL! :ph34r: :lol:
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Happy Birthday to all the fine folks at the Lurker Lounge. :)

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
I like it here!!! :)

I think I'll stay for a little longer...

Thanks to all who contribute to this great place. And, to quote from the Chaos Sanctuary: "Super Thanks to Bolty!"

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Happy Day of Creation Lurker Lounge team! :D
5 Years - Yipes..

I'd only been playing Diablo for about 5 months then.. And man, has the site grown..

I still have some of the old threads to read..

Remember these? :lol: :D :)
http://www.network54.com/Forum/31101?it=345

HowGozit
The Lounge has multiplied my understanding and enjoyment of the Diablo games by an enormous factor. Thanks, and congratulations! :)
Zyr

Congratulations and a big big thank you

It is the first forum on which I posted extensively, leading me to develop a new hobby :)
HowGozit,Jul 22 2004, 06:32 AM Wrote:Remember these?&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :D&nbsp; :)
OUCH! That link takes me to an OLD LL site that then links to the old Amazon Basin forums (on EZBoard). Crimony!
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Congrats to Bolty and the Loungers! Happy (belated) fifth birthday!
Quote:Remember these?
And it has links to the Asylum too!... Will always remember the good old days of DSF, LL and Woody's, the three places that got me totally hooked on diablo and its sequels.

Oh, and Happy (superduper) Belated Hatchday!
I think it says it all when I realized I had more interest in reading this forum than actually playing diablo. And when I realized that even when I "quit" diablo (each and every time) I was still reading every forum on the website.

Glad you're all here, glad we're still here, glad to be a part of it -- *raises glass in a silent toast*

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents, too.

When I found these fora (I think some website in a starcraft context pointed it out to me), I knew that I was at the right place here. I encountered some minor adaption problems, but I think I have become a lurker by now.
To see that this place keeps on bringing out quality topics and replies is a great delight.
This site is famous around gamers and deservedly so, not only for its fora but also for its articles and links, and of course its attitude towards everything that spoils the fun of the games. I'm just sitting on it, but working through all the information can yet take sometime...

5 years maybe... :)

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Congratulations and a big thank you!

A thank you to all of you that take care of this great place and to all of you that post here, so I can lurk :)

I wish for many more good years.

Cheers!
1999-2004: happy birthday for the lurker's lounge :) !

Although I only registered at the beginning of the year,I began to look for info at the lurker from the end of 2000 when I got diablo 2;the lounge is a reliable source of information;I have never read any wrong info about d2,and this makes it for me the best reliable website about the game;congratulations for all the good work!
I am always amazed at the huge work of the team to bring us info and updates;this is a real challenge to run this website and keep it up to date for a game as complex as diablo
Maybe a wrong feeling I have about the lounge:I feel that the people are too serious and get mad for almost nothing;chill out people pls! Don't be tense :P
I'd like to read more special files;for instance,a complete guide to understand the mechanism of breakpoints or a guide for damage calculations (taking into account both skills and mods of items);I can help if you need