July 15th, 2004 - LL turns 5!
A warm belated birthday wish to Bolty and the rest of the Lurkers over here.

July 15th - 5 years online! Bravo!
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
A Happy Birthday to Bolty & his staff from me, too! Keep up the great work! :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Ooooh, I had no idea. *Makes note in PDA*

Happy birthday LL!!

*Throws party hats around*
Woo hooo! A happy one from this Skellington to Bolty and the rest of his fine team!
*Pulls out the Husky Band version of Happy Birthday (in 3/4 time, no less)*

Happy Birthday! Thanks for keeping up a site as awesome as this one for 5 years! :)
-TheDragoon
I demand a LurkerLounge - 5 years-macro from Warlocke! :)

Well, perhaps not demand, but I know I'd get a kick if you made one ;)

Congratulations to Bolty and the rest of the LurkerLounge-staff who carry us through our dreary Internet-ventures with a brimming level of excellence and fortitude! Keep up the good work, and in 5 years, I say we all get together in Bolty's back yard for a big LurkerLounge barbecue. If I can make it across the pond, to America, I'm sure the rest would't have any trouble finding the first bus to <insert Bolty's future residence in 5 years>
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Hoo-ah! :w00t:
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
[Image: partyhat.jpg]
:blink:

That makes it around 3 years of me in the Lounge... yikes :ph34r:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Has it been that long? Wow. :blink:

Here's to many, many more!
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Wowie... it's been that long?

Thanks to all of the moderating team, especially Griselda, who helped me overcome technical problems when I was trying to get back to the Lurker Lounge after it "vanished".

"The job was done; to the dauntless, nothing is denied!"

Thanks to the moderating team, to the posters, and the lurkers, and to the occasional trolls that we need to flame... for having this haven.

Take care,
Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Aaaaand not a single name in this thread I recognize from the beginning of the lounge, except Dee. <_<
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
And.... you've made so very many useful contributions over the past three years that I've been out of lurk mode here. Hooray for you. :huh:
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Omega,Jul 19 2004, 03:54 PM Wrote:Aaaaand not a single name in this thread I recognize from the beginning of the lounge, except Dee. <_<
Here's one you might remember.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats Bolty. Now I can say "I knew him when..." Congrats and thanks to the LL team and to all the loyal followers of the LL way for making this the only forum that I feel the need to check in on every day.

[Image: balloons2.gif][Image: balloons2.gif][Image: balloons2.gif][Image: balloons2.gif][Image: balloons2.gif]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Omega,Jul 19 2004, 08:54 PM Wrote:Aaaaand not a single name in this thread I recognize from the beginning of the lounge, except Dee. <_<
That's not really much of a shock, though.

And to think I've only been around for three or four years.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
And thank you to the other members of the board. This is truly a special place.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Isn't it great how it's TPJ that posts about this and not a "Lounge person?"

Actually, I thought about it the other day (16th), and figured "well, who cares." I'll be more excited about the 5-year lasting power of this site once I get Lurker Lounge 2004™ rolled out, upgrade this forum software, and finally implement all the things on my To Do list (which, by the way, has not been delayed due to my actions or lack thereof - but instead delays in the development cycle of the software that shall be used here).

So please don't think that the reason things haven't been jumpstarted around here is because I'm playing too much WoW. :)

On pleasanter (not a word, I know) terms, it's not me that needs thanks, but the team - Griselda, Lemming, Refrigerator, Occhi, Mafvin, Elric, and the posters of this forum that make the site. Especially over the last year or two, it's these folks that have made the difference, not me. Plus, thanks to Slashdot, we have a website to really hate! :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jul 20 2004, 04:16 PM Wrote:Isn't it great how it's TPJ that posts about this and not a "Lounge person?"
Ahhh, Bolty, don't feel taken for granted. We all love you. Don't you know there is no other site for us. You're even more beautiful now than when you were just a useful links list. :P

Quote:it's not me that needs thanks, but the team - Griselda, Lemming, Refrigerator, Occhi, Mafvin, Elric, and the posters of this forum that make the site

Same old Bolty. I quote from an email dated 3-21-1999:

Quote:Here's an update to the list of resources.&nbsp; Quite a lot has been changed.&nbsp; I'd
appreciate it if you listed it as a "useful list" or something...there's no
need to call it "Bolty's list."&nbsp; Call it the Diablo Strategy Forum list if you
wish.&nbsp; I don't feel a need to take credit for a list of links.

The forum certainly is the moderators and posters we see each day. However, without you taking the initiative 5 years ago, we wouldn't have what we have today. It is easy to just sit back a let a good thing be what it is. Freshman Diablo is a good example of that. It served its purpose and I was too lazy to do anything more with it. You put the effort into keeping the site growing and blossoming. And, it sounds like there are more and better things to come. I'm sure that most of the moderators would agree that it is your forum and they do what they can to help keep it on the course you set for it. As a sometimes poster, mostly lurker, I know that I appreciate the resource you have provided and it will always be yours. Modesty is a good thing. When the credit due is so obvious, it is best to accept the accolades.

For one more blast from the past, from an email dated 7-22-1999, a hint at things to come:

Quote:I will no longer be taking care of my Links list.&nbsp; Feel free to convert it to
a links section on your site if you so choose.

The reason?&nbsp; I have a new pet project.&nbsp; The BDSC.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/rdm139

This site is to remain secret at this time as I'm still gathering strat for my
strat section and I don't want to open my doors with nothing good to read.&nbsp; :)

Please let me know what you think of it, and if you have suggestions (they are
very welcome).&nbsp; You might find the links section familiar.&nbsp; :)

Thanks for everything,
-Bolty

Thanks again to all for the great site!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Hi,

The reason? I have a new pet project. The BDSC.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/rdm139

Which now yields:

The requested URL /rdm139 was not found on this server.
The most likely causes for this message are that either the page no longer exists or the URL was mistyped.

Or perhaps went on to a greater manifestation. Or "manifestations" as the case may be.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

LochnarITB,Jul 20 2004, 07:33 PM Wrote:For one more blast from the past, from an email dated 7-22-1999, a hint at things to come:
That's 5 years old, Lochnar.

I'm scared :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.