Bolty Sells Out For Nothing
The god that is Ultima Online has spoken again, there must be nothing remotely competitive with this archaic game.

Ultima X: Odyssey canned

So you said you enjoyed this game in its early stages, Bolty? You're one of the few :(
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Well it's one method of cutting down the competition I guess. Second MMO axed in a week with Warhammer ended last week
Not sure if you're just kidding, but why on earth suggest that Bolty was selling out because he thought the early stages of UOX had promise?

Actually, I always have a pang of regret when I see any computer game cancelled, especially one that's been in development for a while. In general, it seems like they're going the way of unimaginative, money-driven Hollywood commercialization.
I must say that seeing this game getting axed is much more disturbing then others that have been cut recently... I actually saw adds for UOX.
ha yeah I had just heard. funny stuff.
Signatures suck
Thecla, don't you remember? Ultima X is the game that Bolty was flown out for to participate in a private playtest or something similar, along with TPJ from the AB forums and I'm sure a bunch of other legends of the online gaming world. :) The "selling out" reference was probably just a friendly jab at the event, which Bolty presented in equivalentally self-deprecating tones.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
The title of the thread that Bolty talked about UXO in was called "Bolty Sells Out"
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
When I think of the staggering waste that is EA and their ridiculously overblown hypefests, it makes me happy that there's still a company out there that does it right.

On a side note, this is exactly why it's stupid to run out and put in thousands of hours of your time creating a huge mega-site for a game long before it goes beta. Heehee. I'm sure someone made money off that, but it's not the content people.*

-Bolty

*Note: I don't pay the content people here anything either! (cracks whip)
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Just had another thought - I should EBay my Ultima X: Odyssey T-shirt that I won in the PvP tournament! It's limited edition, you'd have to admit. :)

Teehee.

-Bolty
Who practically predicted all this would happen a year ago (see the report linked to in post above with discussion of how evil EA is)
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Ok -- glad I got straightened out on that. But if Bolty was going to sell out for nothing, it could at least have been for poor old Sam & Max.
It's all in the acronym:

UXO -- UneXploded Ordnance.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein