Let's make totally outrageous claims!
My grandmother invented scrambled eggs in 1952. Before that, any time an egg yolk mixed with the egg white during the cooking process, it was known as "failed fried eggs" and thrown out. My grandmother was the first to do it on purpose, and revolutionized the breakfast industry!

Cauliflower has a measureable IQ. Scientists put it at between 2 and 5, depending on species.

Ketchup and mustard are just mayonnaise with different food colourings added.

Hostess Twinkies are not baked. The "cake" part is actually produced as a result of a chemical process which grows it, similar to growing mold or fungus.

Hair gel was invented accidentally when someone tried to produce a synthetic alternative to cow snot.

Mozzerella cheese is a more efficient thermal insulator than anything used in the construction industry. A 1/4" thick sheet of mozzerella cheese has an equivalent R value to 36" of fiberglass insulation.
I have built two robots out of old VCR parts. One I call my pushar robot, it will push old ladies around to where they need to go. The other is my shovar robot, it will shove bread into the old ladies' mouths.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Bill gates, far from being the evil mega-corporate CEO that the media makes him out to be, is actually a penniless hermit who lives in a wooden shack in the Nevade mountains. After programming PC-DOS, he was fired and left to his fate by the Microsoft Board.

I know this because he's my uncle.
I'm typing this from the International Space Station. The keyboard is in Russian.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jun 30 2004, 09:18 PM Wrote:I'm typing this from the International Space Station.  The keyboard is in Russian.

I know. I hacked the ISS's internal systems, including the cameras, with my TRS-80. You need a shave, and you should probably hold on to something. I've found the thruster controls.

Edit: silly double quoting.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I have it on good authority that two aliens using a Macintosh are going to dock and upload a virus into your main computer system, thereby causing the ISS to come crashing down near the Pyramids of Gaza. Various alien dance/festivity venues overlooking the site are already being booked as we speak. Be careful up there.
Did you know that lurkerlounge.com is really owned by Blizzard and that the majority of forum members are actually AI's that are being tested for use in starcraft 2.
Nonesense, Cryptic. Everyone knows that aliens use Linux. :P

The world is flat, Elivis is alive, and ketchup is a vegetable.

Recent polls show that Michael Badnarik, current Liberitarian candidate, will win the election and choose Ralph Nader as his VP.

I'm filthy, stinking, rich! (two out of three isn't outrageous, though...)

The IQ of the average player on Battle.net is greater than that of room temperature.
Griselda is a fembot!
Quote: Griselda is a fembot!

I thought we were supposed to make outrageous claims, not true ones? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:D
Landru
Liberachi Isnt gay! And all of you use Map Hack!
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
"no you idiot we could NOT try"
Taken from "Hello Cthulhu" Page 12
John F. Kennedy was really killed in Chicago by strangulation. The government than made up all that stuff about it being in Dallas, and put out the other conspiracy theories to confuse you.

I'm really Bill Clinton. I just say I'm a teenager.

Spinach, asparagus, and broccoli all increase the risk of bone cancer by about 3%. A new study done throughout Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio hospitals prooves this.

All computer moniters have little cameras installed that watch you every second you're on. These videos are sent back to computer companies who blackmail when they start loosing money.

The U.S. moon landings were real. Russia faked it's space program.

Just kidding, I'm not Bill Clinton. I'm Elvis, and I'm sitting next to where Bolty lives and am the one who actually runs the Lurker Lounge.

In my past lives I was Richard Nixon for a little, Thomas Edison, several popes, Louis XIV in France, Newton, and the cave person who invented fire and language at the same time. (This is even though people think language came several thousand years before fire)

My brother is 10 feet tall.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
DeeBye,Jun 30 2004, 08:06 PM Wrote:Cauliflower has a measureable IQ.  Scientists put it at between 2 and 5, depending on species.
I think that's Californians :lol:
I invented the internet.

Space Ship 1 was really a government funded project to put the insecurities of the country at rest.

Mathematics is not necessary for engineering.

The Louis and Clark expedition really took place on the Rio Grande.

France will win a war someday.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Jul 1 2004, 02:34 AM Wrote:I invented the internet.

Space Ship 1 was really a government funded project to put the insecurities of the country at rest.

France has won wars in the past. The recent wars France has lost have been to Germany (, WW2, Franco-Prussian) when Germany was at its most powerful and military focused, and against colonies. Some of these colonies were Vietnam, which went against a lot of people, and african countries like Algeria that were fighting the same way.

About the "I invented the internet" you're probably making fun of something that Gore said that got turned into something else. If Gore actually put money or at least his energy into growing the internet, what are you making fun of?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jun 30 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:
pakman,Jul 1 2004, 02:34 AM Wrote:I invented the internet.

France has won wars in the past. The recent wars France has lost have been to Germany (, WW2, Franco-Prussian) when Germany was at its most powerful and military focused, and against colonies. Some of these colonies were Vietnam, which went against a lot of people, and african countries like Algeria that were fighting the same way.

About the "I invented the internet" you're probably making fun of something that Gore said that got turned into something else. If Gore actually put money or at least his energy into growing the internet, what are you making fun of?
I sure hope no one disputes my claim of my grandmother inventing scrambled eggs!

Because it's true!

(lighten up, Minionman)
Quote:I sure hope no one disputes my claim of my grandmother inventing scrambled eggs!

Because it's true!

LIAR!

Through careful study of the first page of my first google search on the subject, I have discovered references to a certain "W. Johnson", who, in 1884, invented the first ever egg beater. Thus, I find it hard to believe that your grandmother, who, at the very least, was born a full 20 years after the invention of this illustrious device, 'invented' scrambled eggs. I denounce you, Mr. Deebye, as both a lying troll and a Republican!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Hi,

To step up on this train:

Blizzard is working on Diablo 3. It's true, they have been ever since LoD came out. That's why most patches weren't too big a progress: just a few guys were working on them. Internal Blizzard sources confirm that it's gonna have 1024x768 graphics, and another utterly new approach to the skill/spell system. Release dates aren't confirmed yet, since the game is still at pre-pre-alpha-state, but officials estimate the game to take until the fourth quarter of 2005 until a beta will be downloadable. Distribution will probably start, according to an internal Vivendie Universel production manager in summer 2006 at the earliest.

Now, if that's not an outrageous claim! :lol:

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Quote:The IQ of the average player on Battle.net is greater than that of room temperature.

Is that in celsius or fahrenheit???