Another freebee by DeeBye
Mine's in the mail. Thanks!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
www.smarttech.com/glowpen

I got my free glowpen yesterday, and it's awesome. It's easily the nicest pen I've ever used.

Here's a picture I took of it in its case. Note the three extra batteries.
[Image: penoff.jpg]

Here's another picture with the lightshow engaged. There are 4 settings for this -- off, solid, slow, and fast. You can cycle between them just by clicking the button.
[Image: penon.jpg]
There's quite a cheating technique involving these pens in tests.

There's a special pen that you can see only with blue light so you write down something on a paper and it looks like it's blank, then you use the glowing pen to see what is written and you get the answers for the test :).

Of course I've never done it myself :rolleyes:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
You mean it's totally free? Even if delivered all the way to Norway? I don't have to shell out a single dime for transport or customs, or anything? If I order one, I'm not agreeing to all sorts of shady stuff? I'm not committing to anything?

The pen was cool-lookin', and I want one! :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
and what institution do you work for DeeBye?
"The Lurkerlounge Insane Asylum"
In dire need of flashy pens :lol:
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 17 2004, 02:41 PM] You mean it's totally free? Even if delivered all the way to Norway? I don't have to shell out a single dime for transport or customs, or anything? If I order one, I'm not agreeing to all sorts of shady stuff? I'm not committing to anything?

The pen was cool-lookin', and I want one! :)
They shipped to me in Canada, and I didn't have to pay a dime. Just fill out the form and wait 4-6 weeks.
Bob,Jun 17 2004, 04:26 PM Wrote:and what institution do you work for DeeBye?
Apparently I am a janitor at some local school. I don't know how that happened.
I actually bought one of these pens, a little over a year ago. It fell apart in less than a week.
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
maybe they have released a patch / update since then :)
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
- Dalai Lama
I thought you were a vice-secondary garbageman! (That was you, right?)
Weeee! It flashes and everything!

It took me about 20 minutes to figure out I had to open the thing and remove the little plastic cover between the battery and the springie-thing, but the genius that I am, I finally got the pen to work! Come August 12th when school starts, I imagine girls will be throwing themselves at me for having this incredibly cool pen :)

It took a while to get it delivered. I ordered it on June 17th, and today it's July 19th. Oh well, all good and flashy things come to those who wait!

Thanks a bunch, Deebye! I will definitely keep an eye out for the next installment of "Freebies from Deebye" :) (I could use sub-woofer for my surround system. See what you can do, eh? :P)
You're not nice. I missed this one, and now you bring it back from the dead and flaunt it. The offer is gone :mellow:
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Got mine yesterday as well.

It flashes! It writes! It's incredible!

-Munk
I hate you all. <_<
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
I ordered one and never got it. Double yew tee eff?
Artega,Jul 19 2004, 09:25 PM Wrote:I hate you all.&nbsp; <_<
If you are interested in the pen I'll be glad to mail you mine.

As incredible as it is, seeing that it has owned my life for the last three days straight (must . . . stare at . . . blinking light), I'd be more than willing to pass mine onto the less fortunate and needy :P

I mean it, PM me if you are interested.

-Munk
We shall now recognise fellow Loungers world-wide, not only by their pointy hats or sharp wits, but by the shining beacon of ever-lasting light emanating from our new toy.

Remember, kids: The flashy pen is mightier than the cracked short sword! :P
Yep,. 7-8 damage and very fast attack speed with a random chance of crushing blow goes a long way... at least longer than before ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Feh. I can always buy one at the local Exxon station :P