D2XMusic.mpq is currupted
As a new member, firstly I would like to say hello to everyone here.

Ok, here comes my problem. For some unknown result, DiabloII keeps crashing on me whenever it tries to play a particular part of the background music during the menu screen, or the lobby screen in b.net. I keep getting the "G:\D2XMUSIC.MPQ file is corrupted" message, and then the game will close itself. FYI, the G drive is my CD-ROM drive.

I suspected that somehow my CD was scracthed so that file can't be read properly. I tried to copy the file into my D2 folder, but it still gives me the same error (except this time it is from C:\Program Files\Diablo II\D2XMUSIC.MPQ instead of the CD-ROM drive). Did anyone ever face this problem before? As a poor student, I was wondering if I could copy a valid D2XMUSIC.MPQ from somewhere online and avoid buying a new CD....

Help please!
I have had that problem before.....it sucks

But i just had to deal with it until i bough a new Diablo 2 and LOD then it was all better ..so i would just try to buy a new game....sorry <_<
[FONT=Geneva]Jake Sheckler
Iv had this problem and ....youll just have to deal with it or buy a new Diablo 2 and LOD ..thats what i did
[FONT=Geneva]Jake Sheckler
You could always just turn the music off in the sound options for now.

Edit: Yeah, it's good to read the whole post first.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Whew, it doesn't seem too good for me. I guess I'll be stuck in single player longer than I thought. Anyway, thanks for the replies guys.
#1: Copy all of the .mpq files from both CDs (D2 & D2X) to your DiabloII folder. That will prevent any CD-related error from occuring after the check for the copy protection.

#2: Like someone else said, turn the music off. Probably won't matter, after you have the .mpq files copied, but I just don't like the msic. :)

-rcv-