Open Beta: Knight Online
Hi

I just read that a player in Knight Online, killed 15 worms in the newbie zone, sold the loot & decided at that Point in the Game it was not their kind of game, even tho the Loot was much better than most Games offer in the beginning !!!

How long do you think that player would last in Diablo 1 on level 1 of the church after killing 15 Skels...or...after killing for 10 minutes outside the Rogue encampment in Act 1, which I would compare to a Newbie zone in a MMORPG game or any RPG game ?

I love Diablo 1 & 2 as much as anyone here at LL, D1 was my first RPG. I still play D1 & Hellfire MP on Kali, which IMO was a "Great" expansion pack. But then I really Liked Dungeon Seige alot & most Diablo players did Not...so to each his own...maybe that's why we all don't, Look, Think & play the same games ? :o

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
LochnarITB,Apr 7 2004, 01:55 AM Wrote:The loot I found was rarely something useful to my character (good mage) and, because the shops rip you so badly when selling the unused loot, you have to make a lot of kills to get properly equipped, and to get your skills and attributes to serviceable levels.  I will probably play both some as long as they are in free beta, but I'm pretty sure I won't subscribe to either.
Actually the loot thing is kind of funny. All you need is a monster dropping a gem (crystal, sapphire, or anything like that) to score around 100k coins and be on your merry way. Also there are a couple of things like scrolls for upgrading things that you can sell to other players quite fast for nice prices (just do the /merchant thing with these for show in a busy place and go get a sandwich or something, chances are in less than 10 minutes someone will have bought it from you if you price them competitively).

A funny thing happened to me yesterday. I got a quest from the Knight Captain about killing some foreign scouts and bringing back the maps of the country they were drawing. I did just that, it was a tough fight to be sure but I managed, only to have him tell me "You have to be level 30-35 to complete this quest!".

Uh... I'm level 22. I think I just completed a quest almost 10 levels above what I should be able to do. Heh.
Easy there, Jim. I know you like this game and all, and I've played it some and enjoyed it as well. But I don't think I'm the only one who's starting to arch an eyebrow at your enthusiasm here. Unless you're getting some kickbacks from the company, tone it down a bit, bud. :P
See you in Town,
-Z
King Jim,Apr 7 2004, 05:44 AM Wrote:Hi

I just read that a player in Knight Online, killed 15 worms in the newbie zone, sold the loot & decided at that Point in the Game it was not their kind of game, even tho the Loot was much better than most Games offer in the beginning !!!

How long do you think that player would last in Diablo 1 on level 1 of the church after killing 15 Skels...or...after killing for 10 minutes outside the Rogue encampment in Act 1, which I would compare to a Newbie zone in a MMORPG game or any RPG game ?

I love Diablo 1 & 2 as much as anyone here at LL, D1 was my first RPG. I still play D1 & Hellfire MP on Kali, which IMO was a "Great" expansion pack. But then I really Liked Dungeon Seige alot & most Diablo players did Not...so to each his own...maybe that's why we all don't, Look, Think  & play the same games ? :o
Hi

Sorry , it was not meant to read as a Flame, just a observation.

I personally "Apologize" to Anyone who might read it and feel it was in bad taste "No Offence Meant".

ps: Nope no Kickbacks yet :D

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Walkiry,Apr 7 2004, 08:54 AM Wrote:World Of Warcraft of course.

Didn't you know all gaming companies try to avoid doing anything in Europe if they can help it?
Hehe, there you see how much I'm up to date :)

I had absolutely no idea there would be an European beta, since as you say..no gaming company will do anything in Europe if they can avoid it.

Do you know why Blizzard will make a Euro beta? Or is there another place where I could go to see that information?
Iolair,Apr 8 2004, 04:04 AM Wrote:Do you know why Blizzard will make a Euro beta? Or is there another place where I could go to see that information?
I place my bet on the reason of angry mob with torches :rolleyes:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Iolair,Apr 8 2004, 02:04 AM Wrote:Do you know why Blizzard will make a Euro beta? Or is there another place where I could go to see that information?
Not sure, all I've seen fits pretty much into the "throwing a bone" category. Guess they do have to test the cables in the european servers (if any) are plugged into place, but little else.