Open Beta: Knight Online
Hi

I'm giving up on Lineage untill they add more Servers. :o

Knight Online, has NO waiting to enter the game, and their online manual is great...it is a bit more Fun, the rewards are 10 times better than Lineage, you get magic items & weapons as well as armour for loot.

Combat is a bit difficult to get use to... you double L/click on mob and chase it if it moves away. You can also hot key your new skills, that you get as you level up, no trainer needed they appear in your skill box, just move them to you hot key bank...>overall a lot of fun for Free :D

Quote:Knight Online is a 3D online role-playing game. The game is set in the world of Carnac where players participate in large scale wars against each other. Some of the game's features include 4 playable classes, pvp, player housing, and party mechanics. It is currently in Open Beta.

Basic Set-Up instructions
Quote:Knight-Online Setup Download

* Please check whether your system specification meets the system requirement before you download the setup file. To users who are using download accelerators such as NetAnt or FlashGet. Please make sure that the file is not split into smaller file to prevent the downloaded file being corrupted.

Knight Online  Download

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
...they added 2 servers for Lineage 2, right?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Just wanted to vouch for the game as a definite Diablo Clone.

And no, I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

The fun factor is largely the same that is found in Diablo and Diablo II, with focus on acquisition of gear and gaining levels for new skills. The idea of an actual scheduled war makes a good entrance into the game and gives people a reason to actually become stronger rather than "just because". The party system is worked out well and actually encourages the players to party up rather than solo creatures. Sure, some of them still look at the exp-per-kill, but when they're passed up by others that are taking on dozens of enemies in a group of eight, they get the picture.

There are LOTS of bugs, however. Lots of mispellings. The silver lining to this is that it means the game will be in Open Beta for quite a while longer, and I don't much care for the thought of paying to play on a MMORPG.

The one downfall of this game would be the fact that variants on characters are only for those who never wish to progress, or wish to do so while mooching off of others for experience. For instance, each class has its own armor, which can not be worn by other classes. Priest armor requires high intelligence and strength in order to wear. Mages need Intelligence and Magic Power; Warriors, Strength and Health; Rogues, Dexterity and Health. Interesting idea that items would be tailored for each class, but it makes it impossible to play, for instance, a Priest with high dexterity and intelligence wielding a bow. Bows are rogue-only. And he could not wear any armor that had a high strength requirement, which means ALL priest armors above the starting gear.

I also had the idea of making a melee mage that would rely upon buffs from a party in order to enhance his defensive rating. This, again, just can't be done. By putting points into Strength and Health, he bypasses his two prime stats that are the requirements for higher armors, and is left in cotton robes that do barely anything to soften a blow.

There are also some balance issues that find Rogues being the strongest class in PvP and PvM. Period.

Now that I've ripped on the game a bit, allow me to finish by saying that I'm having fun playing it anyway. I've got a level 45 Glacier Mage (damage isn't as high as a Flame mage, but it looks so cool [pardon the terrible pun]) on one server, and recently started up a Priest on another who's at level 23. I've also got a couple warriors that I created to mess around with, so I'll see how that class shapes up.

Definitely worth a try for fellow Lurkers. And hey, it's free. Can't beat free. B)
See you in Town,
-Z
Wow,
Long time no Z!

How are ya?

--Edit Still quoting whole posts ~
Hi

Knight Online "Rocks" much better than Lineage II by far...The Mobs in the Newbie zone are Aggro, My Warrior lv 8, dies making for a much better Fight & Game. The Rewards are Awesome & you have Health potions !!! :D

Requirements & Client Ver.1209 - Setup With New Launcher. (280MB ) Latest !!!

Hey whybish!

Doing well. I've been around the Lounge, just not overly active in the forums. I had thought of revamping a few things and getting back into the mix when v1.10 came out, but it just didn't hold my interest for whatever reason. *shrugs*

But yeah, I'm around. Just lurking. ;)
See you in Town,
-Z
Since no MMORPG seems to like me, I also ran into trouble when trying to play this one :lol:

First off, the download speed was abysmal. Around 5 Kb/s. So I had to google to find a website that carried the installer somewhere else, with relative success. I found the 1206 version somewhere.

Things got kinky later. The "launch" application is little more than a webpage (??) that launches the game. Problem is, I'm using Firefox. Firefox didn't like that.

So, running IE I still couldn't connect. I ran the app straight and, surprise surprise, it ran an patched well! But then I got the "please launch from the desktop shortcut" (which I had promptly deleted).

Finally, I went to the website and wadded through the FAQ (mind you, I had to use IE for this, firefox didn't like that page either, I wonder if these guys have heard of the W3C standards), there was an "alternate launch link" there. I hit it up, and lo and behold, it worked! Tried it in Firefox, and it didn't. So I guess I'll have to keep that one in my IE favourites.

So now I have a Rogue (redhair female with a ponytail, after playing Diablo I can't see myself playing any other kind of Rogue :lol:) which is level 18.

Things I don't like are the fact that often you don't see when monsters hit you (you just lose HPs and have to follow the messages at the bottom box about them, which can come with a slight delay and lead to your demise in tight fights), the fact that it's sometimes hard to find the NPCs since the areas around them are crowded with people setting up their own shops, and that your inventory is rather small. Also, all skills (even drinking potions!) have a timer. I suspect the timer for the potions is to avoid having weak characters trying to take on things too big for them, I also suspect Rugg would run into trouble in this place.

Still it's a lot more fun than Lineage, probably because the progress is faster, getting cash is not a problem (just selling the loot gives you plenty of cash) and you can buy plenty of potions at reasonable prices, which means you can stay out there killing stuff and aventuring without having to sit down for a minute after every other fight.

Runs pretty well in my system too, at max details 1280x1024 I get a solid 15 fps in the middle of the crowded town, and high 40s in the wilderness.

Still, I wish there weren't so many other players around. I guess it is a MMOG after all, but I'd prefer if there were only a handful of people. I haven't even partied yet, I just want to go out and kill stuff!

As for details of my character, she's dual-wielding a +4 long sword I found somewhere and a +2 dagger with elemental damage, has 1 point into archery (well, she IS a Rogue after all, she should be able to use a bow), 10 into assassin (those stabbing skills are excellent, and work with my dual-wielder as long as one of the weapons is a dagger), and 5 into exploration (I think that's the one, it lets me become invisible on the spot and heal myself a bit). I did the "spetialization" thing but I didn't get a choice, my character became a Ranger wherever I liked it or not.

Oh, and I really don't care much about the "scheduled war" really. I get the feeling that will just get in the way when the time comes. Kind of ironic really.
Quote:KO is a game made in Malaysia [.com.my] so they might only be a Windows view site. It is the only place to get a Guide for the game.

Here are a direct links to the Guide...you will find all you need on the Right side of the web page:

http://www.knight-online.com.my/basic_setup.asp
http://www.knight-online.com.my/basic_gameplay.asp

Here are 2 another sites for a DL for others who might have a Problem:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_5285.shtml
http://www.onrpg.com/downcat4-10-titleD-...egorystart

Hi

The "scheduled wars" are held on seperate servers...you can use any one of the other servers to play a character. btw I still have a problem with Movement & Combat, I too hit the target then it moves pass me & I need to turn to face it...I guess it will take a bit of practice. :P

There is a storage NPC called "Inn Hostess" to the right facing the armor guy, shes @366,422.

The best Equipment in the game are Monster Drops, I buy my items at a Player Merchant ;)

Walkiry,Apr 5 2004, 08:50 AM Wrote:I haven't even partied yet, I just want to go out and kill stuff!
I had started to download this game (at a relative snails pace). I canceled out eventualyy because I questioned if I even wanted to try it. The thing that kept coming to mind was that there seems to be an emphasis on partying and scheduled wars. Is this game a total bust for a loner such as myself?

Lineage 2 holds some draw for me but I'm not sure I understand why. I get bored hunting the same things over and over, dying once in a while and then having to hoof it back out to the current hunting grounds. I think I am hoping that there will be more. I have started a dwarf fighter version of Lochnar on Erica that I am trying to get to be a scavenger. It sounds like they are the ones for finding the good loot. Has anyone here gotten a Lineage 2 character to very high levels and do things get better?

Maybe I'll give the KO download another go. Hmmm...
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Apr 5 2004, 08:39 PM Wrote:I had started to download this game (at a relative snails pace).  I canceled out eventualyy because I questioned if I even wanted to try it.  The thing that kept coming to mind was that there seems to be an emphasis on partying and scheduled wars.  Is this game a total bust for a loner such as myself?
Heh, funny you mention that, I came here with the idea of posting about it.

I'm level 21 now, the pace of the game has slowed a bit, not entirely surprising as it was very very fast in the beginning. Being a total loner myself, I've been quite entertained by it. Eventually I got tired of the same old killing fields (heh, Progress Quest) and took a portal to explore other areas. Different monsters and locations, and less crowded to boot, I was getting solid 60-70 fps exploring around there.

The thing is that you still have to be overly cautious because, when facing a new monster, you have no idea just how strong it is. You could kill it with impunity or it could wipe the floor with you for all you know. But fighting these higher level monsters is kind of a tradeoff, you get better and more expensive loot (I swear, the price of things seem to grow exponentially) for buying the more expensive charge-up things that you'll need to fight those monsters. Pretty funny ^_^

So yes, so far for a loner it's been entertaining. Very Diablesque. Requires crowd control and everything to pull just as many monsters as you can handle (except of course when in the middle of a fight another handful of monsters decide to respawn right next to you, not pretty).

But then today a "regularly scheduled war" broke out. After a few random announcements about fights and stuff it turns out my country is being invaded (and no, I don't feel too "patriotic" about this virtual imaginary country, nor do I feel the need to waste my time fighting other players when there's a lot of the world yet to explore).

Suffice to say I've decided to go back tomorrow and see if it's over so that I can play again. In about 10 minutes the area where I was killing scorpions got crowded with other players, and I died like 3 times in a row (one of them just as I respawned in town, very funny -_- ) in two different areas, without even seing what hit me, how badly, or where the heck that enemy was, for 10k exp I'll have to recover tomorrow. Also, I get a spam message about having "0 Nation Points" every time I join the game or use a travelling portal, and telling me to visit some random NPC somewhere (I suspect this will even cost me cash...). And no, there's no tick box for a "don't bother with this because I don't care" option.

I wonder how regular this crap is. If it's more often than once per year or something I think I'll be hitting that pretty uninstall button. A real shame too.
Hi LochnarITB,

Once you play KO you'll be in Gamers heaven, it has every thing you want in a game...Plenty of mobs of different types...Rewards that will get you hooked, "White = Standard non magical"..."Blue = Magical & can be upgraded using a scroll"..."Yellow = Rare"...yep you Diablo 2 players can do MF runs...and the Best thing is Storage is "SHARED" with all 3 characters on your server...so you can give your Mage Rare items thru the storage system :o

Nankor...>is my Elmorad/Good Race...Barbarian/Warrior is lv 17 in only 3 days, he's now wearing Half Plate and can solo Warewolfs, you start with worms but move Quickly up the Prey chain. You will be asked to group to a point it makes you crazy... but if you like to try a new a Mob first & die with Dignity [alone] you can :P

Far from town np, just type "/town" & your portaled to town not sure if it is the closest town or your Bind town....I have not ventured out yet, because I get killed trying to find another town with my lv 1 [explorer char.] I'll give it a try with my lv 17 & hope he lives...you only lose XP so no big deal if i die :lol:

My town is Moradan

You will need to choose a Facton for your character since the game is PVP Siege style play, so there are only 2 sides to choose "Good" or "Evil"...You can NOT have one of each your either Good or Evil :(

Quote:ElMorad is a nation that was formed by King Manes, the one that has sealed up Patos the lord of change.

ElMorad used to be a small kingdom that was located on the west coast of the Adonis continent. The kingdom grew to become the biggest nation by taking in all the refugees that have run away from the 5 kingdoms that were destroyed by Patos. The peace in El Morad didn’t last long. They were soon being threatened by Karus in the north.
Quote:The evil race is a nation that was formed in the Adonis continent after the disappearance of Patos, the lord of change.

Karus is a nation formed by the evil race and it is located in the desolate icy area north of the Iskantz Mountains.

The evil race who was called the children of Patos established their nation in the deserted Lupherson castle to avoid and hide from the persecution of humans.
Lunar Gate War Info...

LochnarITB,Apr 5 2004, 02:39 PM Wrote:The thing that kept coming to mind was that there seems to be an emphasis on partying and scheduled wars.  Is this game a total bust for a loner such as myself?

Psst...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Apr 6 2004, 01:49 AM Wrote:Psst...

[whisper]

How's that workin for ya?

[/whisper]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Pretty darn awesome. There are a few things that are a little unbalanced right now (but that's what a beta is for), but the game as a whole is incredibly addicting. And so far it's pretty darn solo-able if you want to do that, too.

I think it's gonna be a hit. And I will be playing said hit. B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I'm thinking about downloading this but I looked at the skills part of the official site and I got boggled...

By the descriptions it seems that you cannot upgrade your skills/spells, only get new ones also is there any sort of difference between the good and evil faction (sue me that I forgot the names)?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Apr 6 2004, 06:29 AM Wrote:I'm thinking about downloading this but I looked at the skills part of the official site and I got boggled...

By the descriptions it seems that you cannot upgrade your skills/spells, only get new ones also is there any sort of difference between the good and evil faction (sue me that I forgot the names)?
Hi

This is a very simple game to play, I think all Asain games are because they are mostly played in Cyber cafes [Lineage: 3/4 of 1..2 millon registered subscriptions are Cyber cafes], and soloing or grouping is the way they level up for the PVP part of the game ;)

For every 5 Skill Points you do get the next level up i.e. My first 5 SP got me +30 extra Damage using this skill...I raised Attack skill 5 more SP, now I do +50 Damage. I'm still playing with the interface :o

Good & Evil is a RP, I'm a good guy :P

Gave the game a chance, I lost all the interest in it after 10 minutes, uninstalled it and deleted the installer, Lineage 2 is the thing for me until Europe Beta I think.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I gave Knight Online a try last night. Other than the fact you get loot from every monster you kill, I didn't perceive a great deal of difference between the two. Of the differences I noticed, I find the graphics nicer in Lineage 2. I do like having more kinds and levels of loot type things in KO but it is made necessary by the expense and quantities of items that are needed. The loot I found was rarely something useful to my character (good mage) and, because the shops rip you so badly when selling the unused loot, you have to make a lot of kills to get properly equipped, and to get your skills and attributes to serviceable levels. I will probably play both some as long as they are in free beta, but I'm pretty sure I won't subscribe to either.

As to what I finally figured out, it is why I don't care for MMORPGs, or at least the two that I have tried - MM. :blink: Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense. The selling point of these is supposed to be the MM but it just doesn't cut it for me. I have a hard enough time reading and understanding people in real life - I don't need to deal with other people through unexpressive avatars and try to figure out what they want. More often than not, if I try to help out someone who appears to be in trouble, I get chastised in some emoticon fashion. If I get into something over my head, when I bring the problem into others view, most players, rather than attempting to help, turn into jackals waiting for the kill hoping that something might spill onto the ground to be picked up. I would find much more enjoyment in these if there was the option to turn off the MM and let me believe it is just me and the NPCs and monsters in these worlds.

I guess I will always be a big fan of solo dungeon crawls. I need to find a game that gives me the atmosphere of the original Diablo with current graphics and several thousand times the floor space to explore.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
TaiDaishar,Apr 6 2004, 10:31 PM Wrote:Gave the game a chance, I lost all the interest in it after 10 minutes, uninstalled it and deleted the installer, Lineage 2 is the thing for me until Europe Beta I think.
Europe Beta? Beta of what?
Iolair,Apr 7 2004, 03:20 AM Wrote:Europe Beta? Beta of what?
World Of Warcraft of course.

Didn't you know all gaming companies try to avoid doing anything in Europe if they can help it?