The pinnacle of cute-ness
Agreed. Next time I'm going home for the weekend, I'll scan a picture of my cat, Taffy, from when she was a kitten. :)
-TheDragoon
@WarLocke:
Ah, thanks for the clarification. :)

Anyhow, enough OT for me:

(note: I apparently have a fairly odd sense of "cute")

[Image: kittyscared.jpg] [Image: domokun4.jpg]
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
WarLocke,Mar 30 2004, 04:47 PM Wrote:
FenrisWulf,Mar 30 2004, 03:53 PM Wrote:@Lady Vashj:
WarLocke took out the site advertisement at the bottom of your picture. I think it was just as a nice gesture in case people wanted to save an untarnished version of the image for later use.
Actually, I happened to already have a 'fixed' version of that image. I threw it up there in case someone wanted a spam-free version of it. I can't stand when people/sites plaster their URLs and other crap on images. :angry:
I have to voice some opposition here. Removing a url/e-mail address/watermark from an image collected from the web is tantemount to scraping off a signature from a painting. It's incredibly rude.

If I were to post a picture of my son here (who just happens to be the cutest baby in the world) and tag it with my name and e-mail address, would you still go ahead and crop the picture enough to remove my identifying marks so it's suitably "spam-free" to post on another message board?

I've seen this issue crop up on many occasions lately. I absolutely detest it when I see my photoshops appear sans logo on random websites.

Give credit where credit is due.

EDIT: Lucas is eating a Fisher Price Fireman
[Image: lucas0315.jpg]
@DeeBye:
For me, the issue is whether the site that tags the image created it, or is just hosting it. If Tripod added a "Hosted at Tripod" block to the bottom of a funny Photoshop that my friend put together, then I would have no qualms with removing that part from my version of the picture, because Tripod has no ownership of the content of that image. However, I would leave your signature intact on the very cute picture of your son up there, because I know that you actually created it.

As for the image in question: from looking at slightlywarped.com, it seems as though it functions mainly as a hosting site (it allows users to submit funny pictures). As the site doesn't legitimately own the images to begin with, I don't think it's necessarily appropriate for them to be inserting their advertisements in there in the first place, and thus don't think that removing the offending advert is an overly egregious sin. Thoughts?
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
FenrisWulf,Mar 31 2004, 02:25 AM Wrote:@DeeBye:
For me, the issue is whether the site that tags the image created it, or is just hosting it.
I wish that everyone else shared your view.
DeeBye,Mar 31 2004, 06:42 AM Wrote:[Image: lucas0315.jpg]

DeeBye - you look much younger than I imagined you to be. Must be good genes, huh? :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
FenrisWulf,Mar 30 2004, 08:53 PM Wrote:@Lady Vashj:
WarLocke took out the site advertisement at the bottom of your picture. I think it was just as a nice gesture in case people wanted to save an untarnished version of the image for later use.
Oh.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I can't believe this thread has gone so far without some puppy pics added to the competition! Puppies are way cuter (and more fun) than kittens any day of the week :P .

Since I'm afraid to use the image tags, I'll just post some links here...
Yay for dogs!
Dogs are cool!
Yesss!

Dog lovers represent!

--Copadope
Copadope,Mar 31 2004, 04:53 PM Wrote:... Puppies are way cuter (and more fun) than kittens any day of the week  :P ....
As Maxim magazine once postulated in a list of the 10 greatest inventions of all mankind, number seven on the list:

[Image: dogsrock.gif]
Dog. Dogs rock. Shut up.

Ive actually got that phrase stuck to the back of my car, under a Snoopy vinyl sticker.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Third link gives a runtime error. Puppies are cute in their own way, but I can't really stand to look at dogs with anything but pity ever since I found out that the centuries of inbreeding have driven several of them quite insane. I like cats cos their fur is a lot more fun to stroke than a dog's. Among many other reasons. Their incredible agility also appeals to the monkey that I am.
Cats are smaller, eat less, aren't in the habit of leaving turds where you can step on them, and don't bark their heads off at all hours of the night.
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
I just settle for the fact that cats are an excellent natural hot water bottle. Although, my cousins' dog is pretty nice to stroke too, when she's not barking her head off at every idiotic group of kids that runs by the apartment.
Lady Vashj,Apr 1 2004, 01:20 PM Wrote:Cats are smaller, eat less, aren't in the habit of leaving turds where you can step on them, and don't bark their heads off at all hours of the night.
Unless you happen to live in a house with one cat fussy enough to leave a tootsie roll outside the litterbox if said box is too full (ie having more than two tootsie rolls in it) and another that likes to bite you on the nose between midnight and 5am at intervals because he's tired of waiting for you to wake up and play with him. ;) :D
But you only have to step carefully around the litterbox, as opposed to the whole house and any yard you have. Plus cats don't jump on you with muddy paws and slobber all over your best clothes. (Shed hair is not that permanent.)
Oh my! The thread has derailed completely! Why, now I've seen everything! Where's Warlocke with one of his pictures when you need him?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Apr 1 2004, 04:43 PM]Oh my! The thread has derailed completely! Why, now I've seen everything! Where's Warlocke with one of his pictures when you need him?
[Image: hijacklive.jpg]

You rang? [Image: emote_ninja.gif]
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
[Image: af-fuzzy.jpg]
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Lady Vashj,Apr 1 2004, 03:11 PM Wrote:Plus cats don't jump on you with muddy paws and slobber all over your best clothes.  (Shed hair is not that permanent.)
Indoor/outdoor cats certainly do jump on you with muddy paws. Or at least ours did when we allowed them to be indoor/outdoor. The slobbering only happens when they are sleeping on you though. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
[Image: baby-tiger-2.jpg]

Ahhhh
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
OMG! Is that a tiger cub? :blink: I WANT ONE! :D