Hello, from a fellow lurker
It's been a long time!!! :)

I hope that there are still fellow lurkers that remember me and hopefully we can catch up a little here. I'll try to continually check the forums to meet and greet those who I've missed over the years! Or if anyone can update me on any vets, all is good!

It's great to see some new faces on this forum and some familiar names here as well.

As for myself, I'm doing great! Life is keeping me awfully busy, but treating me well.

An amazing job, Bolty. Best wishes to ya.

Good luck on WoW beta!!!

Yours,
-Das Regard :lol:
Welcome back. I don't know if I've been here long enough to be a licensed 'welcomer', but seeing as I regard myself as something of a regular here, I don't see the harm.

Of the veterans, I count only Pete and Occhidiangela, but that's probably just because I don't know any other.

Always nice to see someone returning to the Lounge. It will help keep this place up and running for as long as humanly possible.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
For angel, Das Regard predates me by quite a while. He was writing guides (Constricting Ring anyone? :) ) before I even started playing Diablo I. :lol:
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

It's always good to see an old timer returning to these forums.

What'ca been doing? Found any good games lately? From what I've been seeing here, nobody's come up with a game to replace D II yet -- or even D 1 :)

At any rate, pull up a chair, stay a while and get into some of the new (same as the old) discussions ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Thank goodness you've returned!
Much has changed since you lived here, my friend. All was peaceful until the dark riders came and...

Naw, things haven't changed much at all. I can't say I keep tabs on any "vets" though, except for the dozen or so that still post here and/or at RBD. Perhaps your return will bring some lurkers out of the woodwork.

You might get a kick out of the poetry thread that is pinned near the top of the D1 forum here.
Hey, Das, what's up!

Don't give me credit for the site's continuity, though - that lies with the regular posters here and my fellow admins. Good to see you around.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Das I remember reading some of your great posts back in the beginning( for me of d1 days). Good to see you have returned.

Life
Good to see another name from "back in the day" that I recognize. It's rare to see some of the older vets and names around anymore.
Woohoo!!

C'mon bring some drama back from DSF! OMG... I can't believe i still remember DSF :P the poor forum got the axe so long ago. *nostalgia :P

Oh it's good to see everyone again! woohoo! :D and I know there some more lurkers out there so I'll check back a little later.

Anyways, I haven't whipped out D2 in some time. But i do miss dungeon crawling with my bro in D2. (LOL, we actually did dungeon crawling rather than stupid exp runs! :P ). Did they fix that by chance?

I've been looking into some new games, completely unlike classic D and D2. My friend is trying to convince me to try A tale in the Desert (atitd.com). And I dabbled into www.there.com a little (glorified chat room and forums) heh! Anyone else know about these 2 games? Sigh. still miss classic D. So old-school. :)

Oh and WoW, screw it. I won't get in. :P So I'm not hoping for that.
But gluck to everyone else for hopes of beta. :D

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon more lurkers pls! LOL!
"For angel, Das Regard predates me by quite a while. He was writing guides (Constricting Ring anyone? ) before I even started playing Diablo I."

Thanx for the welcome, angel! And ignor Occhi. He's more of a vet than I am!!

Occhi, don't make me feel old! pfftt! Hehe. i'm just kiddin! :)

Dang, "predate," i feel like a caveman. Hmmm. that must make Bolty, Jarulf, and Pete a dinosaur then. ROFL!

And the constriciting ring... well don't get me started again.

When I learned about the cring in D2, I was super pissed. Blizzard completely biffed up what the cring was all about! Ok rant off...

Sigh. Hey what are some good reads on D2? I'm always game for good strat reading! :D
Das Regard,Mar 10 2004, 07:20 PM Wrote:Sigh. Hey what are some good reads on D2? I'm always game for good strat reading! :D
If you find any can you let me know too? ;-)

Actually the best thing to do is to search the forums here and at the Amazon Basin for players who have reported their guides and experiences with the game. Not a whole lot of up to date guides for all of the characters that I know of (dii.net has some, but most of them all assume you have access to multiple characters that can farm the best equipment for you).

Or you can do like I did, just jump in the game and try different things out ;-) It was more fun and I learned an awful lot just by playing.
I'm still here. I fluctuate between d2 war3 and brood war but this dang site keeps me coming back. :P
I don't know if you remember me, I was around the DSF (I think maybe posting as Lord_Kharadmon) but still the same person. =) I'm in medical/graduate school now, so I'm rather busy, but I still have time to play a game or so of D2 sometimes.
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Of course I remember you all!! Good to see some old names again.

Selby, I should dig up some old DSF strat instead. It's archived somewhere... hehe

Sir_D, I could not get into War3. :P Enjoyed some SC in the past, but War3 never got me hooked.

Congratz, Meph on med school. I will be graduating myself this year... a little nervous... match next week.

Nystul, the poetry and songs are a riot!! I always enjoyed your stuff. I remember Mirajj's stories. Those were great as well! Ah, I hope he's doing well.
More more more!! (a poem on the cring please) :) :D :D :D

Will be checking back for more fellow lurkers and new peeps to greet! :)
More more more!! (a poem on the cring please)

Here's a quicky for ya:

Das Regard's Constricting Ring Analysis Condensed (Limerick Version)

I once found a ring made of gold,
With a giant orange gemstone, how bold!
Resistance, it maxed 'em.
But life forces, it taxed 'em...
And it made me rich once it was sold!
...I remember you! Good to see you back!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Das a very entertaining thread I read recently on theamazonbasin, was about a naked singing barb getting to guardianship on hardcore. I was totally transfixed in the reading and was interested in that he actually made it to guardian status naked but for items you could not see on his character such as jewerly and a circlet. Quite the tale. The driver was Candlelight. It might be of some interest in the reading for you.

Life
Sorry I dropped out of Seven Lances, Meph, was fun until I could never find anyone not in NM of Hell, and I only had so much time.

Hope all is well. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Life,Mar 13 2004, 01:23 AM Wrote:Das a very entertaining thread I read recently on theamazonbasin, was about a naked singing barb getting to guardianship on hardcore.  I was totally transfixed in the reading and was interested in that he actually made it to guardian status naked but for items you could not see on his character such as jewerly and a circlet.  Quite the tale.  The driver was Candlelight.  It might be of some interest in the reading for you.

Life
Hee! We had a whole n00dist colony going for a while (not sure about its current status). It's so refreshing when everyone is playing naked! (And then med school hit and I couldn't commit, and my naked sorcie is level 60-something and starting hell difficulty.)

Occhi: miss you on 7L. =( It's hard to find people there at all (although I think it's getting better now... hopefully there will be more folks playing when version 2 comes along with 1.10 features.
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
You should try playing some of the better custom games. Melee war3 is just hero worship but the editor lets people make some pretty interesting things (or bad depending on the person :D ).