Name that RPG battle scene MIDI
SwissMercenary,Mar 5 2004, 04:23 AM Wrote:I, myself, love the Baldur's Gate 2 music... Not the battle music, but that which is used in narrated entries/different environments.
The IE (Infinity Engine; BG series, IWD series, and Torment) games have always had excellent music. Had I gotte to this thread earlier, I would have beaten Scalefang to naming the Torment track. The Rubikon maze was always pretty hard, but Nordom was SO worth the effort. Plus, Mechanis Cannon (I think that's what it's called) was SUCH an awesome spell.

Icewind Dale has some of the best music I've ever heard in a game; the main title theme is just plain amazing (a very short version of it was used for the music in the NWN promo movie that played after installing BG2), and the Easthaven and Kuldahar themes were excellent. IWD, more than just about any RPG I've ever played, has great potential for a movie license, though that will never happen.

Torment is the only IE game to use adjust to a different theme due to certain on-screen events. Certain themes would play when you get near certain characters, such as talking to Deonarra, or hanging around Annah when you first meet her in The Hive, for example.

I absolutely LOVED BG2's dragon-fight theme (it fits PERFECTLY when you're facing down Firkragg with your Cavalier and company), as well as the theme for your final battle with Irenicus. Too bad Irenicus was so easy to beat in both forms. The music for Waukeen's Promenade, the Bridge/Government Districts (it's the same), Trademeet/Underdark, and Druid Grove were all excellent, as well.

Throne of Bhaal (the BG2 expansion) has superb music all around; the later Bhaalspawn fights (Sendai and Abazigal, specifically) have great battle themes, and the battle theme for Amelyssan is pretty good, too. Saradush and Amkethran also have some decent music. The theme for the fight with Demogorgon (and really any major battle in Watcher's Keep) was also pretty good. Again, it's unfortunate that Demogorgon was so absurdly easy to beat, even with David Gaider's Improved Tougher Demogorgon patch.

[Image: Baldr014.jpg]

[Image: Baldr015.jpg]

Baldur's Gate didn't have any stand-out music, but it wasn't bad, and it was more consistent than BG2's (instead of short interludes, it was more like a continuous theme.)

I'm still a sucker for Jaheira's romance theme; something about those damned violins/string-instruments gets me every damn time. I always preferred even romancing Aerie (Aerie, overall, grows more than Viconia or Jaheira; she starts off bemoaning the loss of her wings, and contemplates suicide, but by the romance's conclusion in ToB, she becomes very confident in her abilities), but Jaheira's music is by far the best.

Dee: Damn you for posting that MIDI! I've been listening to it for the past ten minutes, it's so catchy and addictive! AAAAARGH! :P (Game music was better in the nineties...)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Hi everybody,
I am rewriting Baldur's Gate 1 soundtrack, listening to the original tracks and trying to play them in my studio. This is an attempt to create some MIDIs of this beautiful soundtrack by Michael Hoenig.
I hope you like this reckless work.
Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/6JNVxZ2WB1E
Wow! A 10 1/2 year necro. Impressive.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Yeah. It reminded me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphWi_GOIao -- Anyone ever been to Willowdale?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]