City of Heroes nears launch...
Hi

I couldn't Log into the Beta today, just got the answer:

Quote:Hello,

Thank you for your interest in City of Heroes.

The beta invite ended at midnight CST on 4/22. The servers go officially live on 4/28. However, if you have a registered pre-order account, you will be able to login on Sunday afternoon (CST) for the headstart. Please check the City of Heroes website for more information.
Thanks!

Oh well it was Fun while it lasted :D

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
King Jim,Apr 23 2004, 07:35 PM Wrote:Oh well it was Fun while it lasted  :D
Sure was, funny thing is that this game actually made a good impact, I'm going to find a job and get the fun to last more than 2 days!!!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
King Jim,Apr 23 2004, 04:29 PM Wrote:Where do I find Information for Game play, I found Combine Enchantments by accident...note my Manual that came with the Zip does not load I keep getting this Error message:
Wordpad has caused an Error in MSWRD832.cnv...this is the frist time this ever happened  :(
That's what Lurkers are for:

http://walkiry.no-ip.org/games/CoHManual.pdf
Hi Walkiry,

Thanks for the Manual, all 4 pages of it. The game Dev's don't give out much info on this game, not in the manual or at the web site. I wonder why ? <_<

This is the first day I haven't played CoH since I got into the beta monday, wow a whole 3 days of beta testing. hmmm I think they just want us to get a taste of this game. I hovered for 5 minutes & thats it...Oh well on to the next one :(

Shameless plug:

I just uploaded the Atomic Woman's file to Crey Industries. Go check it out! B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Walkiry,Apr 22 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote:May I suggest picking an East Coast server (if there's such a thing, i.e., if you actually know the location of the servers)? Probably better for the Europeans *cough*me*cough* ;)

I don't think anyone will pick Walkiry, and I've never had a problem coming up with names anyway ^_^
This newly posted thread has the server locations. My vote would go to Freedom or Infinity.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Well, Liquid and I had kind of planned on Virtue, but being a West Coast server may be a problem.

Freedom may not really be the best choice if you're concerned about crowding; it used to be Prime and I'm sure many people will stick with it because that's where they have their name reserved (or because it was 'first').
Words cannot describe the sadness I'm feeling now as my fellow lurkers play CoH while I'm left in the dark, scouring for a job to be able to pay for my CoH needs.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
WarLocke,Apr 24 2004, 06:55 PM Wrote:Freedom may not really be the best choice if you're concerned about crowding; it used to be Prime and I'm sure many people will stick with it because that's where they have their name reserved (or because it was 'first').
What about Pinnacle? According to the thread, Infinity won't be up at launch, and the odd-sounding one is usually the least popular.

Also, how many Lurkers will be playing finally?
Hi

I'm sorry to be the one to make this announcement:

Quote:Coming Soon: City of Villians!

Date: Apr 23, 2004 Author: Craig McGregor

NCSoft has very recently announced that they will be unveiling their first expansion for City of Heroes at the 2004 E3 show..."City of Villians".&nbsp; Although PvP was not specifically mentioned, we hope it will be included!&nbsp; Below is a quote from their site:

Want to play the bad guy in Paragon City? You'll get your chance in Cryptic Studios' City of Villains , currently under development and to be shown in limited play at E3. While City of Heroes (www.cityofheroes.com) is ready for an April 28 launch, Cryptic developers already are working on the first major expansion to the game that will allow players to take on the role of villain in Paragon's modern metropolis. Turn the tide on all the heroes and heroines and lead your crime syndicate into battle in the impressive 3D backdrop of Paragon City .&nbsp;

Want to play the bad guy in Paragon City?
Quote:Section: General Discussion&nbsp;&nbsp; Forum: News Discussion

Topic: City of Heroes: Coming Soon: City of Villians!

My shameless plug:

http://www.creyindustries.com/viewhero.php?id=2422

Yeah, The majority of our Super Group is on the west coast, so sorry fellow Lurkers, but we will be sticking with a west coast server. Which one is dependant upon two of our members who may or may not get the names they want come Sunday, we will be choosing between Virtue, Guardian, and Justice, based on how the name-grabbing goes.

I also hope that PvP doesn't become a part of CoH, as the game wasn't balanced for it in the slightest. Adding either non-consensual pvp, or required PvP for the enjoyment of new content would totally ruin the game for me.

Here's to hoping that City of Villains is completely separate from City of Heroes.
Normally I'd waffle between server choices, as I wouldn't really see much difference between East- and West-Coast servers, but I've been spending alot of time with Liquid and his supergroup, so... I'm going to end up playing on the west coast as well. Sorry guys. :(

As for that PvP crap, I'm going to ignore it as long as possible. It has no place in CoH, and the game isn't balanced for it at all. :angry:
WarLocke,Apr 24 2004, 06:35 PM Wrote:I've been spending alot of time with Liquid and his supergroup
OUR supergroup. It wouldn't be the same without you. ;_;
LiquidDamage,Apr 24 2004, 09:50 PM Wrote:OUR supergroup.&nbsp; It wouldn't be the same without you. ;_;
Nuh uh.

Soon as it becomes our supergroup, I'll be expected to help with the administration crap and the hard questions. I'm just a grunt and happy to be one. :P
Ugh, wonder when it'll be available for purchase. Warlocke already ripped off my concept. ;) :P
Right. Gimme a West server then and I'll try today to see the lag.

*Shakes fist at the Lag Monster* "We WILL defeat you!"

*The Lag Monster laughs maniacally*

EDIT: I've entered Guardian, look for Aliana Blue if you want ^_^
So I wake up this morning and check all my boards like I usually do, then I log out in case my EB calls me to tell me the boxes are in. Not 4 minutes later, they do. I ask if they have CoH gamecards too, but they say no. :cry:

So I get cleaned up and go down to the bank, and open a checking account. Everything goes fine until I find out the my check/debit card comes in the mail, and I won't get it for 7 to 10 days. :angry: I do have the ID# on the card though, so maybe I can still use it now for billing purposes.

So I drive over to the EB, which is in Parkersburg, WV. I'm always nervous when making the trip, because I'm driving a car registered in Ohio in West Virginia, with a Louisiana driver's license. :o But I make it there ok, like always. I did park at the wrong mall entrance and have to walk about half a mile, though.

So I get to the store, and the lady at the counter pulls up my preorder info and grabs a box. I pull out my new checkbook and write out one for the $47.99 I still owe on it (actually two checks since I screwed up the first - I r special :blink: ). She takes one look at it and says "Sorry, we don't take starter checks." I'm really bummed at this point, becuase I put nearly all my loose cash into the account specifically so I wouldn't make any impulse buys. But, she tells me there's a bank in the mall, maybe I can cash a check there.

So there I go, another half-mile trek. I don't even remember the name of the bank, just that it wasn't mine. The girl at the counter says they can't cash a check from my bank, so I ask her if there's one in Parkersburg since I don't want to drive 30 miles home and then come back here. She's all set to give me complicated directions to one that I will definitely screw up when another customer says "Isn't there one in Wal-Mart?"

That really made my day, since the Parkersburg Wal-Mart is right across the street from the mall. So I go over there and into the little bank kiosk setup they have, and tell the lady there that I want to cash a check. I write out the check (didn't screw up this time :D ) and give her my driver's license as ID, and she goes into the back room to der her thing. She comes back out with this weird look and asks me when I opened the account. "Two hours ago," I say, after which she asks how much I put into the account. Yeah, lady, I'm going to forge a driver's license to hock $50 out of someone's new account... <_<

So now I have my 5x[Image: icon_tenbux.gif] so I go back to the mall and pay for my box, then I went home and had a sandwich.

So, that's where I am now. I need to find my bank's webpage and see if I can get a summary of my account (specifically, the expiration date on my bank card in case CoH wants that). Yay me.
It's never easy, is it WarLocke? ;)

I'm just sitting here tapping my fingers because, at best, I won't be able to play until late next week. Didn't know they would make the purchase of CD keys available online, although I think I want the whole box with the big map and everything.

Ah, and thanks to 'Locke here I've been able to make my own collection of comic covers, 8 in total ^_^

http://walkiry.no-ip.org/coh/
whooo! i got my copy today. now to decide what type of character to build... decisions. decisions..
rriggs,Apr 28 2004, 04:56 PM Wrote:whooo! i got my copy today.&nbsp; now to decide what type of character to build... decisions. decisions..
Sounds to me like 'Locke needs to start writing some guides!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.