Cosplay for The Frozen Throne
So you think Furry = Animal Spiritualist? I just thought they were people who enjoyed dressing up in animal costumes (alot). If they actually believe or pretend they are that animal, then that is even stranger. I've had some strange themed parties (halloween, anyone?) myself, so I'm not claiming total purity in the realm of fantasy dress.

BTW, I don't think Furries, or COSPlay are evil. Just a tad beyond the norm, sort of like Mensa in a way.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

not all of them,
just most of the ones I get along with best.

There's a lot that's been lumped into that group, it's almost as diverse as 'american' with just as many reasons to be proud or terrified.
The wind has no destination.
I don't have much info on this "cosplay," but I guess only the really bad cosplay (eg. a 40 year old fat man dressed up as a Japanese school girl. Blech, I read that happened somewhere) should make one shudder. :o

But whatever...I don't see what is wrong with it in general. Ok, it could be funny but that's about it.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I see you've heard of sailor scout bubba

dare you to google
But the unifying factor of "Furries" is that they all wear furry costumes. One can be an animal spiritualist or commune with nature without dressing up in a costume.

Quote:it's almost as diverse as 'american' with just as many reasons to be proud or terrified.
Really? Are you considering the diversities in the populations of both northern and southern hemispheres.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Well ... when you have odd habits and beliefs (which, to my mind, = cosplay), and you make a point of parading about in public enticing people to take pictures of you ...

Do you deserve to be mocked?
No.

Should you expect to be mocked?
Oh, yes. Yes indeed.

Human nature, and my opinion.
;)
kandrathe,Feb 23 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:But the unifying factor of "Furries" is that they all wear furry costumes.  One can be an animal spiritualist or commune with nature without dressing up in a costume. 

Really?  Are you considering the diversities in the populations of both northern and southern hemispheres.
not all furs wear costumes,
those costumes are such a PITA to make that only a few, called fursuiters, actually wear those things.

Thiss is one of the things I refer to as media skew. There's a few of those.

as for being that diverse... I could have said the entire world, as I've conversed with them in many a place.