Cosplay for The Frozen Throne
See it here!

http://www.war3xp.com/news_content.asp?fnewsid=3291
Probably would not be confused had the page itself been in English or if you had elbarorated more than "See it here!" and a link.
[Image: Idontunderstand.gif]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

tal125,Feb 20 2004, 08:41 PM Wrote:Probably would not be confused had the page itself been in English or if you had elbarorated more than "See it here!" and a link.
Well they don't offer much details about the cosplay. I guess Banshee is in the first picture who is trying to occupy someone's body. The second one, huh, maybe that is a warden.

Don't tell me you are confused with the rest of the pictures :P
Uhhh, what the hell is cosplay? Perhaps that's the problem...?
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Cosplay is basically one of the nerdiest things you can do (imo) and also makes you look the worst.

Essentially, cosply is dressing up like your favorite character from a show/movie/game/etc... and then taking pictures. If you've ever gone to an Anime convention, the horrible cosplay is RAMPANT.

Say NO to cosplay!
So costume play might be a better term (and I can see cosplay having been shortened from that). It helps make it make some sense.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sporky Smurf,Feb 21 2004, 06:51 AM Wrote:Cosplay is basically one of the nerdiest things you can do (imo) and also makes you look the worst.

Essentially, cosply is dressing up like your favorite character from a show/movie/game/etc... and then taking pictures. If you've ever gone to an Anime convention, the horrible cosplay is RAMPANT.

Say NO to cosplay!
No Touchy my monkey. :D
Ok, so sort of a anime genre specific Furry thing.

http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/People/Furry/

{Must not judge... Must not judge... Help me Samwise! I can't stop myself...}
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Sporky Smurf,Feb 21 2004, 11:51 AM Wrote:Cosplay is basically one of the nerdiest things you can do (imo) and also makes you look the worst.

Say NO to cosplay!
As a cosplayer who puts time, energy, and effort into her costumes, I say YES to good cosplay!

I've been to anime conventions, and seen some really bad costumes, and about 30% of the costumes total had NOTHING to do with anime (X-Men, Matrix, etc., I shouldn't say anything because I went as a Beyond Naked Mage to one). But some costumes are spectacular, and I figure if a fan has enough drive to make a costume that looks vaguely like what it's supposed to be (like Dryden from the anime Escaflowne andmy version of him), then you're all good.

Sporky, I think it's things like this that make you want to loathe cosplay and cosplayers forever. As in, spandex is a privilege, not a right, dammit.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Ewww. :P

Cosplay = dress-up
Furry = dress-up
Cosplay = dress-up = Furry
Furry = Evil
Cosplay = Furry = Evil
?

Yiff! :(
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
hardly,
and I would thank you to be careful just where you toss your assumptions about animial spiritualists...

I hear some of the indian tribes are stilll able to atract Cyote's atention at times.
The wind has no destination.
intersting pic for the BNM
do you remember her equpment?
That wasn't an off corruption streak.. that's all i can tell.
At least you didn't try to dress up as a naked mage. :P :lol: :P
Nightwind,Feb 22 2004, 06:43 AM Wrote:intersting pic for the BNM
do you remember her equpment?
That wasn't an off corruption streak.. that's all i can tell.
Both of the pictures are me, by the way. :o

I wore a Weak Robe of Rags and carried a Bent Staff of the Fool. Also notice the Lurker Lounge advertising in the middle of the signboard. ^_^
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Quote:I would thank you to be careful just where you toss your assumptions about animial spiritualists...

Hey, there's a bit of a difference between an 'animal spiritualist' and a 'furry.'

Furries are just evil. :(

EDIT: And my first post was a supposed to be a (lame) joke. I don't lump Duckie (or cosplayers in general) in with furries. The only similarity (which I was attempting to play off of) was that they both involved costumes.
Look here
Hope it helps clear up the confusion. ;)

-Bob
A number of my friends are full fledged furs, and i've gotten to know them rather well.
it seems to me that if you acept that angel over there dosen't give the serries a bad name, or vice versa, that you should be able to acept that there are atleast some normal people wraped up in fur?

If your willing to run with the thought, can you think how anoyed they are at those who have the spotlight and make the entire group seem evil and peverted?

I imagine if it had stayed underground and not been singeeled out into the media it wouldn't have gotten the bad press, and I would have continued with my vaugly native american belifes in private, without meeting others to discuss it with, or being drawn into the entire mess.

On the other hand, I wouldn't change the company of these odd friends of mine for anything. No matter how wierd the company gets when i wind up dealing with the fringes of society.

And I think I'll stop my defence for a maligned group just about here...
Quote:it seems to me that if you acept that angel over there dosen't give the serries a bad name, or vice versa, that you should be able to acept that there are atleast some normal people wraped up in fur?

Oh, sure. Maybe 'evil' was too strong a word. People are free to do whatever they want with their private lives, whether I or Dubya or the Secret Police like it or not. I just can't wrap my mind around the whole business. But then again, I don't have to.

Quote:I imagine if it had stayed underground and not been singeeled out into the media it wouldn't have gotten the bad press

I assume you mean the whole "furry CSI episode" thing when you mention the media here? If so, furries have had a bad rep long beforehand.
Quote:I assume you mean the whole "furry CSI episode" thing when you mention the media here? If so, furries have had a bad rep long beforehand.

it goes back to SA discovering just how bad some of the webpages where, I think. Or maybe the mtv special...

Quote:Oh, sure. Maybe 'evil' was too strong a word.

I'll acept that. Personally, I'm willing to say that the surface layer, and even a large percentrage of the contacts (lets say those who can't understand yiff from yerf...) fit under the word insipid.