[RANT] Angel's canceled?
a(n) (wcip)Angel scorned? ;)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Overall, I have to say I liked the puppet episode more than I hated it.

I can't remember laughing so hard at a TV show in a long time. I mean I laughed out loud numerous times, which is more than I can say from watching Seinfeld or Friends. The Puppet-Angelus was a classic.

Humor episodes are always a mixed bag, this one, like most, did nothing to further the ongoing story. Ok, like 5 minutes for Gunn and 5 minutes for Fred-Wes were spent here. On your first issue about the singing, that's a good catch. I didn't even think about that myself. I'm sure the writers would claim it was because of all the protection spells around the TV studio that interfered with Lorne's ability.

I agree the Wes-Fred thing was handled poorly. There should have been more explanation for Fred's new feelings, as you said, she made it quite clear she wasn't interested for a very long time. She could have found a journal he had written about her, that after reading it, changed her opinion of him, or somethnig like that. All that said, it's about friggin time they got together!!! My guess is, this was the first of the episodes made after Joss found out it was the last seaon, so he had to start wrapping these loose ends up quick. I think the same goes for Angel & Werewolf girl's new budding romance.

Cheers!
Ooops! I forgot to say, if nothing else, this was one of those episodes that is TOTALLY unforgetable. Love it or hate it, at least it wasn't some worthless 'monster of the week' episode you can't even remember the next week!
[ Wrote:Angel,Feb 19 2004, 12:37 PM]Even if this *was* the evil alternate dimension from whence Evil Willow came, the script still wouldn't be as crappy as this.
You take that back. :angry: :(

Evil Vampire Willow was the second coolest thing in Buffy...

(Evil Psycho Willow being the first B) )

... So, Angel go muppet-ized? I missed that, it sure sounds unique...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Hi,

I just saw this week's episode of "Angel", and if this is the premise of the remaining episodes, they can cancel the show with my blessing.

Just finished watching it (TiVo). You've nailed it -- the show's dead, it just hasn't quit thrashing yet.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

WarLocke,Feb 19 2004, 06:46 PM Wrote:You take that back.  :angry:  :(

Evil Vampire Willow was the second coolest thing in Buffy...

(Evil Psycho Willow being the first  B) )

... So, Angel go muppet-ized?  I missed that, it sure sounds unique...
My phrasing was poor.

I *too* feel what you feel about our "Willowzzzzz" (to quote Giles when instructing them to form a circle in order to bring EWillow back to her own dimension).. I'm not sure what I wanted to say.

Evil Willow is cool
Insane Willow is cooler
Regular Willow is just so cute even hugs and puppies can't begin to describe her. :) (and I love her hair.)

This episode was utter, utter cack. <--- there; that's what I wanted to say.

Now back to G'kar's Dust-attack on Londo..

I never noticed this when I first watched B5 on television, mostly due to the fact that I never watched every episode and because of the time in between episodes, but it really is the show with "the largest amount" of continuity.

Even when they don't show backflashes or have voices going echo-like while the actors are looking all mysterious, they always mention something which've happened in a previous episode. (not to mention that B5 is the only show I've seen with 1 singular series-long story arc.)

Too bad about the acting though. Most times the main cast does alright, and I think Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik are excellent as G'Kar and Londo. The minor characters, however, are crap. I have no idea what the casting-director must have been smoking whilst on duty, but it'd have to be illegal.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Oh yes. I too have the evil alternate dimension Willow episode saved on TiVo. You know, for the times when the wifey is gone for a couple days, and I'm feeling amorous! ;-)

"Bored now!"
Have you ever noticed how it's the biggest losers who become the fiercest vampires?

Angel - drunkard and a loser
Spike - victim of unrequited love and a talentless poet
Drusilla - Insane
Xander - Loser with a capital "L"
Willow - -------------||--------------
Darla - Prostitute

Kind of makes you think what Master Rose was like in human form.

"But what about Jesse in "Welcome to the Hellmouth" He was as much a loser in human form as he was in vampiric."

Yeah, but that was in the beginning of the show. In the first episodes, Buffy could apparently fly/jump really high. ;)
Quote:I never noticed this when I first watched B5 on television, mostly due to the fact that I never watched every episode and because of the time in between episodes, but it really is the show with "the largest amount" of continuity.

That's it exactly. Babylon 5 was one of the first shows I was exposed to which actually had continuity, and in fact I'm fairly sure it's one of the (if not the) best shows, continuity-wise, I've ever seen.

While they didn't get everything right (some of the acting was fairly bad), the show's continuity was so much a perk in its' favor that I never hesitate to call it some of the best scifi ever aired.

P.S.: Mira Furlan is right up there with Alyson Hannigan, as far as I'm concerned. <shiver> B)

Quote: Oh yes. I too have the evil alternate dimension Willow episode saved on TiVo.

There were actually 2 "evil vampire Willow" episodes (unless I missed any). I think I liked the second one even better than the first... :ph34r:

Quote:Xander - Loser with a capital "L"

Yeah, really. Why did the X-man (hehe, I'm punny) get so shafted? Every single character on the show got some sort of claim to fame, except for Xander. Unless being "soldier guy on Halloween" was his bone or something, which would suck...
Harmony=Second Banana/Wannabe/Cordette who became a less than spectacular vampire. :P

By Master Rose, I presume you mean "The Master", from Season 1? If memory serves, he's got Germanic roots.

Speaking of Darla, one thing I never fully understood.

Spoiler

Why does she get a continuation of syphillis? Or did they pluck her from the time when she was already infected, but before she got really sick? And shouldn't it have infected Connor in the womb? Heck, aren't vampires infertile? Maybe I'm analysing this too much. :P
End Spoiler

Regarding Willow(and, to a lesser extent, Giles), you know what they say about librarians, right? :P
"Master Rose" and "The Master" is the same character, yes. I do believe he's only referred to as "Master Rose" by Angel in the alternate dimension in the episode called Doppelgangland in season 3.

Elsewhere he's called "The Master" or "The one with fruit-punch breath."

Regarding pedoerotic tales of librarians and *lesbian* bookworms; I don't want to hear it. Neither does Anthony himself!

About Darla:
Master Rose sired her on her deathbed. When she was brought back as human that disease still lingered. Although syphilis can't kill a vampire, the transformation to the undead doesn't remove the disease either.

Connor's was a mystical birth. The fact that both his parents are vampires point to this fact. Medical science need not apply in such cases. :)
What? What pedoerotic tales? :P All I meant was that "When someone is all quiet, they have a dark side", which is basically an extension of the "Still waters run deep" idiom(but as we all know, still waters don't run at all, do they?) You got a dirty mind. Not that that's a problem. :P

What I meant about Darla vis a vis syphillis is that it probably mattered what time they plucked her from, and how it was that she managed to acquire the memories of the vampire Darla. If you need me to clarify, say so. I'll try again. :P

Just meant that it was interesting that Connor was born of a vampire father and an EX-or maybe not even vampire(very important) mother.

Vampire Y + Human(possibly ex-vampirical) X. Or maybe syphillis is the only catalyst for vampires to breed in the "conventional" way. :blink:
My mistake. It's just that I've met several Buffy-fans on the Internet and it seems many of them are fantasising about Rupert and Willow "gettin' it on".. which I find alarmingly revolting.

About the biology-thing: I'll try and read it again in the morning when I'm a little more clear-headed. It certainly didn't make much sense now. :)
WarLocke,Feb 17 2004, 01:46 AM Wrote:I guess I just prefer shows with story arcs to the episodic formula.&nbsp; The first couple seasons were funny, but alot of the humor was off-the-wall.&nbsp; Also, the production values skyrocketed from the first season to the last (third?); the characters look much better the farther in you go.&nbsp; I guess that could have influenced me.

I want me some Reboot now.&nbsp; :(
I was just talking about this serries over on another forum...

is it just me, or was ther talk of canceling it at one pint?

WWatching the eppisodes there's a section where it seems as if they stoped aring if the series was going to die or not and they made some completely pointless parady eppisodes....

Do I even need to mention the power rangers one?

(and is it just me, or is this new power rangers dino thunder seem to be the orriginal series all over again almost, same concept, better look, worce acting?)
The wind has no destination.
Nightwind,Feb 22 2004, 01:59 AM Wrote:Do I even need to mention the power rangers one?
... Okay, I think I'm glad I missed that one.

Seeing Dot as the Pink Ranger (or whatever) might have been cute, though. :rolleyes:
it was after they brought enzo's friend out of the games, she got to ride in the axe...

enzo was a green gnat...

the fight was against a giant monster made out of nulls...

the cause was the black viral speck that combined megabyte and hexadismal into the super virus....
The wind has no destination.
Two shows that were pulled that I thought were pretty good, that haven't been mentioned:
Dr Who, and Dark skies.
Occhidiangela,Feb 18 2004, 03:35 AM Wrote:Saw a couple of episodes of Angel a week or two ago.&nbsp; Interesting show, strikes me as a well made comic book series in celluloid form.&nbsp; I was never much of a Buffy fan, I found the premise trite.&nbsp; (I was probably biased by having first seen movie ages ago.&nbsp; I had no hope that the TV show would be worth my time, though apparently there was some quality in the production that I missed out on.&nbsp; So be it.&nbsp; Miss Gellar is a fine cover girl and cosmetics company shill, in any case.)
Miss Gellar has nothing to do with it ;) :
Long story arcs and woven continuity
Interesting, detailed, and unique characters
Hard-to-define genre (comedy-drama-horror-fantasy?)
Great dialogue
Pete,Feb 18 2004, 05:29 AM Wrote:It's just another example of pure crap driving out mediocre crap.

--Pete
Woo! A rave review :D
rriggs,Feb 19 2004, 02:16 PM Wrote:My guess is, this was the first of the episodes made after Joss found out it was the last seaon, so he had to start wrapping these loose ends up quick.&nbsp;&nbsp; I think the same goes for Angel & Werewolf girl's new budding romance.
This (muppet) episode was made a couple of months ago. Way before Mutant Enemy found out about the cancellation.

Usually first run episodes you see are made atleast several weeks before their air date.

As for the episode itself, I loved it and thought it was absolutely hillarious. But then i'm also a big fan of "The Zeppo" on Buffy (an episode many people didn't "get").