Oh those whacky half-time shows
LochnarITB,Feb 3 2004, 02:53 AM Wrote:Hmm.. It also made me think of the Animaniac's states of the US song and the alphabet song.  I wonder if I could snag those off the net?  A Googling we go...
If you do come across said musical musings, please report back for the good of the masses

(also let me know if you come across "I am the Very Model of a Cartoon Individual"
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jeunemaitre,Feb 3 2004, 04:11 PM Wrote:(also let me know if you come across "I am the Very Model of a Cartoon Individual"

Right Click > Save As (213 kb .mp3)
Numerous Thanks
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Apparently, it was all orchestrated by Janet Jackson, according to the MTV-executive in charge.

I wonder if Justin Timberlake is still maintaining it was an accident.

They really ought to get their stories straight.

Sad thing is, no one will react to Justin's blatant lie to the public. One could (and I would) argue the fact that lying is worse then exposing the human body.

I now suddenly remember why I stopped watching the news. God, how the world depresses me.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Being in the Jackson family, you would think that Janet would have figured out by now that not all publicity is good publicity... I guess they aren't fast learners.

Madonna could probably get away with something like this, but I think Janet will just be the butt of a lifetime full of jokes for it. It's sad to say, but she's a has-been, and if not for this stunt the only thing anyone would be saying about her SuperBowl performance is how mediocre it was (or how her outfit made her look like her brother, which is not a good thing).

As for Justin, he was probably fed that statement by a lawyer.
Jeunemaitre,Feb 3 2004, 09:11 PM Wrote:If you do come across said musical musings, please report back for the good of the masses
I only had mediocre results. I was able to find lyrics easily. It seems there are quite a few fan sites out there for both Yakko and Wakko as well as for Pinky and the Brain. However, from what I could find, it sounds like the Warner Brothers legal folks did a blanket bombing of fan sites and had most media files nuked from the web. You can buy their CD so I'm sure they don't want them sitting out there for grabbage. They probably could be found by someone running one of the peer to peer file sharers too. I was able to find a link in some lyrics forum to an mp3 of the Nifty Fifty United States and Capitals but now I can't find it again. Arrgghhh... Sorry.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Here's the States/Capitals in .mp3 format.
Right Click > Save As (356 kb .mp3)

I have them saved locally as .wavs. I compressed them to low-quality .mp3s for download speed (the states/capitals .wav is 1.2 mb). If there's interest, I could possibly upload the .wavs.

I also have a .wav of the world's countries song, but for some reason it's split into two files. I can't seem to figure out how to splice them back together again to make one complete .mp3.

edit:
Right Click > Save As for HOTHOT Animaniacs nations of the world .mp3 action! (840 kb .mp3)
Right Click > Save As for SUPER BONUS Animaniacs food additive .mp3! (586 kb .mp3)
Nubian
Temptress
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Feb 4 2004, 12:36 AM Wrote:Nubian
Temptress
Banky: What's a Nubian?
Quote:I actually agree with the CRTC's reasoning. What would be worse -- hearing your son say "I saw a boobie! It was totally cool!" or hearing him say "I saw a guy get shot in the head! It was totally cool!"?

I find it funny that Nudity vs Violence comes up here at the Lounge. Diablo has boobies and acts of violence. It has acts of violence against boobies. And yet, what's the most frequent reason parents prevent their progeny from playing Diablo? The most common reason I've seen is "It's evil" or some generic religious reason.

Thus, heresy is worse than nudity, violence, and violence against nudity. However, heresy doesn't generate money, so you won't see that during the Super Bowl. Nudity makes money and requires no effort (everyone can be naked), so it's not surprising to see something like that occurred during one of the most commercial events of the year. Of course, it wasn't supposed to be a venue for (as I heard put) flashing all the millions of people watching, so some people are understandabily annoyed that their enjoyment of a song with such wholesome lyrics as "Going to have you naked by the end of this song.'' was interrupted by actual nudity. This shows Language < Nudity, else people would be up in arms about the "filthy trash music" that polluted the Super Bowl. Myself, I would've changed the channel before the end of the song even rolled around, but I don't watch sporting events to begin with.

Quote:In the end though, it's really up to the parents and NOT the government to decide what is or what is not appropriate for Little Johnny/Janey to see on TV. I can think of a few R-rated movies that I will be SURE to show my son when I deem him old enough (Schindler's List is the first one that comes to mind).

What's bothering most people is probably that the Super Bowl was not rated for bare breasts, just breasts in cheerleader outfits. It's marketing sex either way, but one way is usually reserved for perverts in trenchcoats.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled violence and boobies in ... Diablo.

(If you want flashers load up Leisure Suit Larry.)

-Lem
I think the word you're searching for is "nubile", Lochnar. "Nubian" describes an ancient Egyptian people, IIRC.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Quote:Banky: What's a Nubian?

Quote: I think the word you're searching for is "nubile", Lochnar. "Nubian" describes an ancient Egyptian people, IIRC.

Nope. That is the word I meant. It holds a personal meaning for me as well fitting nicely into the time honored tradition of giving an alternate expansion of the acronym NT.

From Merriam-Webster Online :

Main Entry: Nu·bi·an
Pronunciation: 'nü-bE-&n, 'nyü-
Function: noun
1 a : a native or inhabitant of Nubia b : a member of one of the group of dark-skinned peoples that formed a powerful empire between Egypt and Ethiopia from the 6th to the 14th centuries
2 : any of several languages spoken in central and northern Sudan

Just don't Google the word. On the web, it tends to be used in a much more salacious manner than is my intention.

Actually, nubile might be applicable as well. However, given my status as being older than dirt, the colloquial usage of the word might also place me in the class of dirty old man. ;)

Main Entry: nu·bile
Pronunciation: 'nü-"bIl, 'nyü-, -b&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: French, from Latin nubilis, from nubere to marry -- more at NUPTIAL
1 : of marriageable condition or age
2 : sexually attractive -- used of a young woman

[edit]Hehehe... Given the subject that started this thread and given the better days and better looks of the celebrity sporting said subject, the above NT also applies to the thread. :P
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Count Duckula,Feb 2 2004, 03:53 PM Wrote:Why are there so many Lurkers looking at this page at the moment? Why is teh b00bie drawing more viewers everywhere?

It's a breast, for Christ's sake. :P
I'm not fat enough to have any of my own, and I can't be bothered looking for someone to show me theirs. I dunno about the rest of you. :P
AtomicKitKat,Feb 4 2004, 10:59 AM Wrote:I'm not fat enough to have any of my own, and I can't be bothered looking for someone to show me theirs. I dunno about the rest of you. :P
Perhaps ownership diminishes the allure? :blink:

I agree with Roland. That was one heckuva field goal. Too bad everyone's harping on the costume malfunction.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
That family, honestly ...
:unsure:

Quote:By Jeannette Walls with Ashley Pearson
MSNBC
Updated: 4:01 p.m. ET Feb. 03, 2004

Janet Jackson has now admitted that her breast baring at the Super Bowl was more than just a “wardrobe malfunction.” But even before Jackson apologized for the incident, there were hints that it was hardly the accident Jackson and Justin Timberlake claimed.

Before the Super Bowl, Jermaine Dupri, Jackson’s boyfriend, was telling people that the singer was going to do something sexually explicit, according to an insider. “He was saying, ‘Don’t watch the halftime concert unless you want to see something very R-rated,’ ” says the&nbsp; source.

Dupri’s spokeswoman didn’t return calls and his agent’s office told The Scoop, “No comment.”

Meanwhile, MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann reported last night that two sources, one in television entertainment and one in television sports, say that long before the Super Bowl, they were informed that “Janet Jackson’s breast — or breasts — would be bared, briefly,” during the halftime show.

What’s more, MTV’s own Web site quoted Jackson’s choreographer, Gil Duldulao, saying that there would be “some shocking moments” in her Super Bowl performance. That comment has now been removed from the Web site, and MTV, which produced the show, has apologized.
Janet Jackson = attention whore
Justin Timberlake = Black Guy wannabe and general all around rube (albeit richer than me)

Janet trolled the entire SuperBowl HT show audience, and succeeded in getting a reaction.

A troll is a troll, even if it is a sorta pretty one who cann sing and dance.

As to the breast itself: BFD.

Janet's next show will be in Vegas, as a substitute for Sig and Roy, where she open up by singing "Thanks for the mammaries . . ." and "You're simply The Breast!" :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hehe..

I can't believe how much attention this is getting. It's so ludicrous, I can't even bring myself to laugh.

Now they're talking about censoring the Grammys and the Oscars fearing someone might 'pull a Janet'.

I .. I just want to smack someone over the head. What the hell is wrong with these people?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Hi,

What the hell is wrong with these people?

How old was she when the Jackson Five were performing? Raise a kid to be an attention whore, don't be surprised when the adult turns out to be an attention whore.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Try MP3 Workshop at http://www.allformp3.com/mp3_management/emw.htm

-rcv-

note: reply to DeeBye regarding combining mp3 files
The lead story on the local news tonight - "Janet apologizes"

Isn't there an old saying - "Any publicity is good publicity"? She is certainly getting it. But her stunt won't reenergize her career. Or perhaps she was throwing herself on Michael's grenade.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."