Oh those whacky half-time shows
Quote:2/1/2004

NEW YORK (AP) - CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident,'' spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing Rock Your Body, a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show. At the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast. The final lyric of the song goes, "Going to have you naked by the end of this song.''

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.
YEAH, RIGHT! <- DeeBye's note

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl,'' Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable.''

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended.''

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show,'' said Joe Browne, NFL executive vice-president. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime.''

MTV issued a contrite statement, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional.''

I was half-interested in the half-assed half-time show, but when Ms. Jackson's right breast made a special guest appearance I went "Whoa! Did I just see what I think I saw?".

Turns out I did see what I thought I saw. There are some very high resolution pictures already floating around the internet of the breast in question.

I can't wait for next year's show.
Quote:"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime.''

Seriously? Is that really true? Maybe there really IS a (insert your deity here, if applicable)!

I might actually have to take Superbowl Sunday off work from now on if the half-time show is going to be half-decent.

(Shall we see how far we can take our half-arsed, half-funny jokes?)

Quote:"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl,'' Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable.''

And now we have someone with half of a (fully-functional) brain talking like a Harvard graduate? Sometimes I wish people would be honest and stop reciting crap written by overpaid speech writers.

EDIT: "Wardrobe malfunction." Does anyone find that particular phrase somewhat... odd? Maybe it's just because "malfunction" is usually associated with errors involving electronics, machinery, or computers. Or maybe Justin Timberlake wrote that statement himself. <_<
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
So.......... Does anyone know who won the game?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
The Patriots! Who the hell else?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Pats ROCK BABY! YEAH!

:D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I did a double take... couldn't believe it. But yet, I didn't really see anything. I guess I need to get one of those really heavy Sony Wegas! The funny thing is the entire show I was thinking "What is up with that crazy outfit?" It was some kind of ugly. Well actually part of the time I was thinking "Is Nelly actually using that mike for something or is he just dancing around while the PA plays his song?" At least Kid Rock's number actually sounded like something resembling live music.

Well, for at least one day, PYT Janet makes more headlines than her brother. Won't last long though.

And they say people just watch for the commercials...
Keep it clean.
It's PG-13 here. Computer games, even those rated "mature" by the ESRB, will have young kids playing them. There's no need to have swear words in your posts - they aren't conducive to intelligent debate or strategy discussion anyhow. We run a clean site and we hope that the posters will respect that.

.. Does that mean we can't show the pictures?

I think we're a tad more liberal here in Norway, as I found these pictures in a respected, online newspaper:

Oh no! Tiz a big honking boob!

"Just let me squeeze this thing back into place..."

"Might I render assistance, miss?"

Am I the only one who finds this woman alarmingly unattractive?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Why was she wearing a pastie?
tal125,Feb 2 2004, 01:59 PM Wrote:Why was she wearing a pastie?
Perhaps she wears them all the time? Did you ever think that it might just feel nice? Did you?! :P
No Touchy Justin. ;)
tal125,Feb 2 2004, 08:59 AM Wrote:Why was she wearing a pastie?
O.o According to the Drudgereport it isn't a pastie but a metal sun medallion that was on her nipple. Still doesn't change my mind that it was planned. ;)
I think we're a tad more liberal here in Norway, as I found these pictures in a respected, online newspaper:

From the American standpoint, "a tad more liberal" would probably be a major understatement for any Scandinavian country. But isn't "respected, online newspaper" an oxymoron?

When I was 10 years younger and she was 10 years younger, she was very attractive. Minus the ugly hairdo and bizarre outfit, maybe she still is.
Roland,Feb 2 2004, 09:54 AM Wrote:The Patriots! Who the hell else?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Pats ROCK BABY! YEAH!

:D
The Internet: Billions of posts regarding t3h booby across many forums, and only one post I've found that gives the result.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

[ Wrote:Angel,Feb 2 2004, 08:29 AM] Keep it clean.
It's PG-13 here. Computer games, even those rated "mature" by the ESRB, will have young kids playing them. There's no need to have swear words in your posts - they aren't conducive to intelligent debate or strategy discussion anyhow. We run a clean site and we hope that the posters will respect that.

.. Does that mean we can't show the pictures?

Oh no! Tiz a big honking boob!

"Just let me squeeze this thing back into place..."

"Might I render assistance, miss?"

The Drudge Report has an extreme close-up of the nipple.

Boobie
Why are there so many Lurkers looking at this page at the moment? Why is teh b00bie drawing more viewers everywhere?

It's a breast, for Christ's sake. :P
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
I'm waiting for anything interesting about the game itself to appear. Crap, I never watched the Super Bowl before, and I meant to do so for the first time last night.

Reason being that for the first time in my memory it wasn't dedicated to the ass-end of the sports channels on Digital TV. It was on one of the main Sky Sports channels and on Channel Five.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Because we are all 12 year olds at heart. That or we have been starving for a new topic.

Maybe both. :lol:
I'm waiting for anything interesting about the game itself to appear.

Yeah, sure you are! :P

It's too bad you missed it, because it was actually one of the best Super Bowls in my lifetime (maybe ever). So many times the Super Bowl turns out to be a blow out, but this one went down to the wire.

Nothing really interesting to say about it though. Since I'm not a fan of either team at all, the most interesting aspect of the game for me was watching Patriot linebacker Vrabel, who used to be a dominating defensive end at Ohio State. He forced a fumble early in the game that led to a Patriots touchdown. Later in the game, he came in on offense and caught a touchdown pass. Vrabel's got a real head for the game... I've heard he's gone through an entire season with 0 mental mistakes based on the tape evaluation that teams do each week. Hopefully when he retires from playing football, he will come back here to Columbus and coach.
Nystul,Feb 2 2004, 03:04 PM Wrote:I think we're a tad more liberal here in Norway, as I found these pictures in a respected, online newspaper:

From the American standpoint, "a tad more liberal" would probably be a major understatement for any Scandinavian country.&nbsp; But isn't "respected, online newspaper" an oxymoron?

When I was 10 years younger and she was 10 years younger, she was very attractive.&nbsp; Minus the ugly hairdo and bizarre outfit, maybe she still is.
Well... I didn't want to sound contrived :)

As for the oxymoron; yes in most cases online newspapers are crap, but there *are* exceptions.
Oh man.

When I first heard about this last night (while playing Gunbound; I don't usually watch the Superbowl), my gut instinct was that it was planned. I don't know why, but that just doesn't seem like the kind of thing that gets improved.

Then I read this thread and find the bit about the song lyrics. "I'll have you naked by the end of this song"? Yeah, sounds like something MTV would do, lol.

Then I check out DeeBye's pic. You can clearly see Timbelake holding the boob-cup ( :D ), in his left hand, and in the extreme-zoom pic you can see the button-stud things that were holding it onto the rest of the outfit. That thing was made to be ripped off...

Then the whole sun medallion pastie thing settled it for me. There's really no reason to wear something like that under your outfit unless you expect it to become exposed... :blink:

Like I said last night, I can't wait for the 2023 Superbowl, when we'll get live sex shows at halftime or something....
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Feb 2 2004, 01:55 PM Wrote:Then the whole sun medallion pastie thing settled it for me.
Check out the pic a little closer. It's no pastie; it's a piercing.