Do mods tell users when they delete posts?
I have noticed a couple of my posts missing. They didnt say anything bad but they were responses that slammed someone rather directly who had flammed me.

Its likely that I just screwed up and didnt post them, but I cant tell. I know in the past Im the poster who tends to get deleted so Im chacking.

If you are deleting my posts - please tell me so I dont repost.
Not I, Ghostiger. I've moderated you in the past, but I do so by editing and not removing. What usually hits my radar are those one or two-liner posts that just read "you're an idiot." Guaranteed editing.

When you say "removal," you mean they've gone missing? We've seen 2 threads disappear on this forum so far, but never individual posts.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
There were one or two posts on the Lounge that contained personal attacks (in my opinion) in the SUBJECT line. I can't edit the subject line, so I had to remove the whole post.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
His title didnt bother me, but then neither did my titles.

I think their are double standards in moderation here.
Imperfect, perhaps, sincerely as fair as possible, yes, deliberately unfair, no.

I've been around a while. Pete has had quite a few posts deleted by the mods, though most were a while ago. I have had a few deleted as well, though it has been a while, when I got down right nasty.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

Which I supported in the body of the post.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

If you had seen my deleted posts, they were likewise supported. If I remember right(Im not sure I do), I think the "attacks" were a bit more detailed than just a name.
In most forums, arguing with the admins about your moderated posts is a good way to get yourself banned.
DeeBye,Jan 22 2004, 12:45 PM Wrote:In most forums, arguing with the admins about your moderated posts is a good way to get yourself banned.
Or at least looked at with the "hairy eyeball"

Hairy eyeball = The Look ... from Mother. You remember, the one where she doesn't say a word, just looks.

NB :rolleyes:
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
Ghostiger,Jan 23 2004, 05:47 AM Wrote:I think their are double standards in moderation here.
Yeah, I see double-standards in moderation too. You and Omega are/were treated a whole lot better than un-established trolls :P
If you have a problem with Pete's post, you are welcome to "report" it to the moderators using the "report" link. We may or may not agree with your assessment.

If you have a problem with my choice to remove your posts, you could email me instead of making a fuss about it here.

However, please keep in mind that anybody who posts to this forum but is unable to correctly spell the word "there" might not get much sympathy from me. I teach "their" "there" and "they're" to second graders, so there's no excuse for failing to understand the concept by now.

Pete, whether or not you're supporting your argument with facts, there are times when your comments are unhelpful to the overall situation.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:Omega

Hey, Omega wasn't all that bad. :(

Or at least, outside of the forum... I really wouldn't call him a troll, though.

Then again, I get along with all sorts of people for some strange reason. Heck, I thought WagonDragon was pretty cool. :o
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]