Drop trivia
What is the least probable drop in the whole game?

A Zod rune from a monster droping from the "Act 5 (H) Champ A" TC (A champion in hell dificulty of level 81 or 82). That monster will drop a Zod rune more or less once every 180 million time (if I calculated it correctly). Talk about low probability.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I think an even less probable drop would be a perfect rare "Condensing Hibernal Shocking Thunder Maul of Transcendence of Atlas of the Vampire". :o Anyone care to calculate those odds?
I only calculated the chances for base items, not for magical properties.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I'd think a Zod from a fallen in normal would be less, say around 0%. :blink:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Kartoffelsalat,Jan 1 2004, 07:00 PM Wrote:I'd think a Zod from a fallen in normal would be less, say around 0%.  :blink:
But as any good engineer will tell you - once every 180 million IS zero. :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Actually, as any good engineer will tell you regarding a building's chance to fall (and other such unpleasantries) - 1 in every 180,000,000 is 100%. :D
Depending on what kind of engineer ;) To a computer engineer, 1 failure is 180 million makes for a pretty bad computer.
Obi2Kenobi,Jan 1 2004, 07:33 PM Wrote:I think an even less probable drop would be a perfect rare "Condensing Hibernal Shocking Thunder Maul of Transcendence of Atlas of the Vampire". :o Anyone care to calculate those odds?
You forgot to specify the rare item "name pair" :P

should make it quite less 'common'..
sokken,Jan 1 2004, 08:19 PM Wrote:You forgot to specify the rare item "name pair"  :P

should make it quite less 'common'..
Glyph Smasher. And instead of a Thunder Maul, have it be an imbued Wirt's Leg. :blink:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Actually, that would be 0% (imbue affix pool and such). :P I thought of something that I think Blizzard should have added in as the "real" world event, but I am yet to test it out, since I only get 1 chance (it requires Wirt's Leg, and I only get one of these Wirt's Legs [you see, my Wirt's Leg is a very special Wirt's Leg, and I would wager it is less than 20 of a kind]), I want to make sure that it will work as it should (at least as it should IMHO). [/cryptic]

Glyph Smasher isn't good enough. It needs a cool name. Death Star. :D
To a computer engineer, 1 failure in 180 million is 179.999999 million failures in 180 million less than a Microsoft computer.
Well, I meant that if your computer stalls on 1 clockcycle out of 180 million, that's very bad even for a Microsoft-powered machine =)
And to give it even less of a chance to drop, it also has to be ethereal.
Obi2Kenobi,Jan 1 2004, 11:54 PM Wrote:I thought of something that I think Blizzard should have added in as the "real" world event, but I am yet to test it out, since I only get 1 chance (it requires Wirt's Leg, and I only get one of these Wirt's Legs [you see, my Wirt's Leg is a very special Wirt's Leg, and I would wager it is less than 20 of a kind]), I want to make sure that it will work as it should (at least as it should IMHO). [/cryptic]
Like an ethereal, imbued, personalized, socketed by larzuk wirt's leg with a zod in it? :ph34r:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Must be some rare item with 6 specific attributes of the highest levels, Maybe one Hydra Bow with 300%ED, +30% to FR and CR, + 20 Dex, 5% Life Leech, and 20% Attack Speed Increased. Just seems to be impossible to find another hydrabow with the same attributes. There's no chance for poor monsters to drop an imbued personalized weapon, I'm afraid
I was in an AB hell game last night and 2 Griswolds Honor shields dropped from normal monsters within the space of a few minutes. Not impossible but humorous.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Hi,

Perhaps an ethereal Stormspire, the giant thresher? 'Tis a tad more rare than Griswold's vortex shield IIRC.
Stormspire's indestructible. So ethereal Stormspire couldn't spawn at all ;).
Pshaw! you and your right-ness... *grumbles* <_<