Whats everyones favourite set?
I just wanted to know, mine is Trang-Oul's Avatar
Angelic.

For only the reason it's about the only one I've used for awhile (non-completed).

As for full sets, I might of completed 2, which I didn't use for many minutes.
For a nice balance between accessibility and power I like Orphans
Brista i'm guessing you use either a barb or a pally
Since the day I started playing (post expansion) I have always had an unrequited desire for Grizwalds legacy. Something about green items with sockets...
The wind has no destination.
Iratha's. No question. +65 to all resists and +10 to max resists makes any defence based character near impossible to kill.
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
1.10 that is.

And forget that it is a barb set. It is a wolf set!
I tend to like The Disciple. Basicly its the same idea as Irathas set in that there is lots and lots of elemental resists. And in a +3 all skills and (naturaly) 350% damage to deamons and its a fairly nice set.

Yes, some sets are better, but have crazily high trade value. Disciple can be traded for fairly simply.
Vidala's.

It's a killer for normal, now if only there was a way to beef up the damage for Nightmare and Hell...
I'm still scrapping around with Normal sets:

Iratha's is incredibly hard to replace once completed and is still proudly worn by my first Guardian.
Angelic gives a massive life boost (and decent MF) which meant I could pump dex on my 1.09 melee sorc.

My only complete 1.10 set so far is Cleglaw's (twice) but it's holding its own so well I've been using it on both weapon tabs on my wind machine druid. I particularly appreciate its mana leech.
Actually I play all of the classes. I have an Orphan's on a Barb
I am a set freak, I love them, trouble is most of my sets are normal ones or bits 'n peices of the exceptianal/elite ones. I have what I like to call my ultimate norm/nightmare MF setup for an elemental aura based paladin. Ive used them all with varying succes up to act5 nightmare. Its a mishmash of the deaths set gloves/belt, angelic rings/amulet/sickle, the full cow kings set socketed with ptopaz, and either a nice rhyme pali shield or mils orb socketed with a pdiamond. Your pushing 300% MF with this and with some decent charms can have good to max resists. You can always dump the rhyme for an ancients pledge or a 3-4 PD pali shield.

As for a one set favorite... its got to be Iratha's. My only complaint about this one is it doesnt have any +skills. There have been times I have cursed finding nice skill amulets...
Griswold's is my favorite as well... Even though I only own the armor, and the only other piece I have even ever seen is the weapon (barring single player boss mods). :lol: If only Griswold's set had a belt instead of a weapon... then I could make Griswold and have him use his edge.
why not put the edge on weaponswap....
The wind has no destination.
You'd then still be losing all of the following complete set bonuses when you swap to it:
+3 To Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+200 To Attack Rating
+150 To Life
All Resistances +50
Display Aura

If you also didn't have a second Griswold shield, you'd be losing an additional 30 dexterity.

A partial set really isn't as good as a complete one, and having parts of the set in the weapon swap doesn't count for anything.

Of course, Griswold's Edge, even when upgraded to elite, would be a quite unremarkable weapon, but I can understand wanting it for stylistic purposes.
Cow King's Leathers all the way :P
(Out of total curiosity has anyone ever completed/used this set before?
I think Blizz should have a full-set bonus of Cow King's Leathers be 'turns wearer into a cow'. Of course, it would mean giving the cows some kind of cast animation, which they probably lack at the moment, but it's a fun idea.

Back on topic, I think the only set I've ever completed AND used for something other than parts was Iratha's, back in classic, so that gets my vote.
I find many of the lower level sets to be fun. The Arctic Furs armor was the first set item I ever found, way back in the original version days - so I have a softness for it (plus I always dig resists).

If I am playing a twinked character, I try to have Iratha's on hand, the boots faster R/W are great.

I think Hwanin's Bill is underrated for its speed, damage, and relatively low level reqs.

I typically rarely don entire sets, except to see them in action.

And I think many will agree that Sigon's will always be acceptable for the partial bonuses. :)

EDIT: I no type good :(
I'm with you on Iratha's Finery! I have an assassin and a sorceress who use it, the highest of which is 78. It is definately an end-game outfit.

I also have a fondness in my heart for Death's Disguise. Death's Guard was the first (and only) green item that dropped for me in the stress test.

Since equiping multiple full sets was fixed in one of the patches, that is also fun. Unfortunately none of the combinations that I've tried have seemed all that useful.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Yes! At lower levels combines well with the Normal Unique Ringmail "Darkglow" for an extra +5 to all max resists, and +10 resists. You cannot beat +90% max resists with +75% resist all. I had this on a Vengeance Paladin with a decent 4D shield and the exceptional unique battle sword "Headstriker", and 1 pt in Salvation Aura when needed. It was a stroll through Hell (v1.09 -- I don't think it's as easy now). At higher levels one can up the armor to Duriels shell, or if one is lucky enough, Guardian Angel with +15% max resists and socketed with Um of course.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]