The Lounge is back!
YO ANYONE WANNA PLAY MULTI ON DIABLO??
just post the numba i can dial in at and il be there plz im really bored
If you want to play in a multi, post something like that in Atma's. Also, Wait a lot longer in between posts, use the edit button for revisions after posting.

FYI, PM spamming is frowned upon.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Because it isn't. Some key differences:
1) We do not use chatspeak here.
2) We do not reply instantly to your every comment
3) We do not spam, regardless of how bored we are

And this business:
YO ANYONE WANNA PLAY MULTI ON DIABLO??

That makes you look like a child who doesn't know how to modulate his voice. Do you see anyone else doing that?

You would do well to click the FAQ, Etiquette, and Rules links at the top of the forum.

-Lem
Wow I just checked out of curiosity and what a pleasant surpirse! Go Bolty! I also became a Basiner but do not regret it at all. I am now a Basiner/Lurker and loving it! We are back online! Lurkers rule!
Ran off to the Amazon Basin
BountyHunter656,Nov 27 2003, 09:16 PM Wrote:YO ANYONE WANNA PLAY MULTI ON DIABLO??
Your post needs more "BLING BLING!"

[Image: yobling.gif]

I fixed it for you.
Now, that is quite impressive.

Now we just need one that we can use to reply to posts like that (YO YO YO CHECK OUT THE ETTIQUETTE LINK!!!).

:D
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Hi All

Sometimes you all only realize how much something means to you when you can't have it!

It's really good to have the Lounge back!

All the good advice I'll happily ignore when I'm playing :D

good hunting
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
God I've missed you guys!!
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
WooT! Bolty!

I am greatly glad that you are back. I suppose I couldn't sue for maltreatment, huh? And a happy Thanksgiving to you!

CHEERS@@@!!!

PS. Can we now get back to the business of dissecting this game D2 so that Blizzard can start fixing it again? 1.11 should prove interesting, heh.
Quote:We're back online for now on a dedicated server,

Sweet. Thanks for the work put in to bring the LL back up.

Just let us know of any additional costs this causes; perhaps a few donations are in order.
ROFL!
how do we stop it happening again?

Now, my highly limited knowledge of the internet and web servers means that My idea is very sctechy, and could potentially not work at all, but, here goes:
There is, apparently, a function to make an HTTP server find out what site something was linked to from, presumably, this is what's used by geocities, angelfire and the like to stop people hotlinking. Would it be possible to use this same function to stop the site being served to anyone being hotlinked by Slashdot?

Just a thought

-Bob
*Runs towards Bolty, doen't stop at bolty to hug him keeps running, runs into Lurkerlounge building hugging kissing it because that was the worst three weeks in his life*

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Three cheers for Bolty!!!

*Passes eggnog to all Admins, Whispers in their ears*

"Psst..., its spiked!"

[Image: l33t_cereal.jpg]
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
It really was 3 weeks? Wow, how time goes by when you actually have something to do...

I did miss the lounge though, darn Slashdot!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
So, way back when there was an LOD Beta, I hung around here to read beta reports (mostly from Sirian, IIRC) and liked the atmosphere. Life interfered and I drifted away from Diablo and the LL, but LL went away as well. A year or so later, I was playing Diablo again, forgot that LL was gone, and went to the URL to find it existed, remembered that it shouldn't, but lurked anyway. After the 1.10 patch, I decided to come around to see what the people here were saying, and...no LL. I felt very sad about this, as it meant I had to look for other forums or hang out in the battle.net forum.

So, anyway, welcome back.
whyBish,Nov 28 2003, 07:04 PM Wrote:ROFL!
4) Please post in real English. If English is not your first language (or even if it is *cough*), we do not mind spelling or grammatical errors...we do not mind typos from anyone either. However, we do not appreciate '|337 5|o33|<' or any unnecessary shortenings of English words.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote: 4) Please post in real English. If English is not your first language (or even if it is *cough*), we do not mind spelling or grammatical errors...we do not mind typos from anyone either. However, we do not appreciate '|337 5|o33|<' or any unnecessary shortenings of English words.

That's the first time I've ever seen anyone complain about using "ROFL" on the Lounge. I don't see anything wrong with it.

It's just my opinion, but I think you're being a bit too picky.
Hi,

IMHO, ROFL predates |337 5|o33|<. IIRC, it was in common use before the September that Never Ended and is thus approved net jargon, sanctified by generations (in net years) of usage.

BTW, I do hope you were joking. Or are all abbreviations banned?

ttyl

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

LiquidDamage,Nov 27 2003, 03:42 AM Wrote:Yeah, it made me a Basiner too. :)
Glad the LL is back, congrats Bolty--hope you didn't tear all your hair out getting it fixed.

Just in time too, I've the feeling my verbosity at AB is gonna get me lynched ;)

(wonderful group of folks to play with on ladder though, I highly recommend it)
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits