Diablo II: Resurrected
Blizzard announced today at BlizzConline that Diablo II: Resurrected will be released in 2021, a full HD remaster of the original game and the Lord of Destruction expansion pack with updated cinematics.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I don't suppose they will give us our old characters back?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
You mean....Resurrect...them? :p
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I just really want to know if it will be moddable. Considering Blizzard Activisim seems to be highly anti-modders, I doubt it. Truth be told, the only game I play now-a-days is Diablo 2 Median XL. I tried so many current games, and absolutely nothing even comes close to MXL, not by a long-shot! If Resurrection drives up interest in D2, I can almost guarantee MXL will see an influx of players as well.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The crazy sons of bitches finally did it.
(02-20-2021, 04:22 AM)Taem Wrote: I just really want to know if it will be moddable. Considering Blizzard Activisim seems to be highly anti-modders, I doubt it. Truth be told, the only game I play now-a-days is Diablo 2 Median XL. I tried so many current games, and absolutely nothing even comes close to MXL, not by a long-shot! If Resurrection drives up interest in D2, I can almost guarantee MXL will see an influx of players as well.

It'll depend on the type of mod. Any mod that requires hacking the game won't be possible, since they're bringing it to the modern Battle.net to help combat duping, etc. They are keeping the existing D2 game alive and won't touch the mods that already exist.
Some mods will apparently be easier, since they are moving some of the hard-coded stuff to data.

https://youtu.be/mDQtrzN6euI?t=463
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I have to say - I'm very excited by this news. Smile
Does it make you Mel Brooks very excited from Life Stinks?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2VgamrBe_vM/maxresdefault.jpg (NSFW)

>.>
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Well, I'm not expecting much mod wise, but I mean, a remasterised Diablo II is still something I'll be waiting for!
The only thing that worries me is that the games I'm always excited for are remakes, or continuations of older franchises, like Ace Combat 7 two years ago. Am I just old, or are current games just not that interesting, as most studios just make MMOs with lots of microtransactions or mobile games?
Been lurking in the truest sense of the word for... years...

But I hope all are doing well.
See you in Town,
-Z
Oh great. Now I have to ask myself if I want to spend hundreds of hours clicking. Do I? Yes of course I do. But should I? I'll be dead in 15 years and I've never been to Peoria.

-V
(03-20-2021, 04:39 AM)Vandiablo Wrote: Oh great. Now I have to ask myself if I want to spend hundreds of hours clicking. Do I? Yes of course I do. But should I? I'll be dead in 15 years and I've never been to Peoria.

-V

It's overrated (Peoria that is)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Hello friends!

I can't wait for this.  Between D2:R and D4, I'm looking forward to crawling dungeons with Lurkers again. Smile
The error occurred on line -1.
Just saw a thing that said the release is planned for September 23.
(06-14-2021, 04:32 AM)Vandiablo Wrote: Just saw a thing that said the release is planned for September 23.

It's the 24th for me. Sad

[Image: d2r.png]

Luckily my 24th is your 23rd. Smile
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Genuinely excited for this - already pre-purchased. I'll have to keep tabs on this place when it drops to see about some possible MP action.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
D2:R is in my "Wait for user reviews" list.

On one hand there's SC:R, on the other there's WC3:R.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
FYI, the Diablo II: Resurrected Open Beta is now live!  You can install and play it from Blizzard's Battle.net launcher.
(08-20-2021, 06:39 PM)Bolty Wrote: FYI, the Diablo II: Resurrected Open Beta is now live!  You can install and play it from Blizzard's Battle.net launcher.

Thanks for reminding me. I was supposed to go away this weekend, so I didn't think I'd get a chance to play it, but now we're in lockdown again, so I can.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
The Cinematic Trailer is out today!