AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
(07-21-2010, 04:35 PM)Treesh Wrote:
(07-21-2010, 04:03 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(07-21-2010, 02:48 PM)Treesh Wrote: And apparently the concept of still just being nice to folks and helping someone out because you can, easily, at no risk to you is completely foreign.

Right. Because helping a guild get money for repairs and what not when you're not even actively playing any avatars on those servers is totally selfish.

--Pete

My comment wasn't directed at you Pete. You did great things for both the guilds. It was more of a comment about the folks in trade who called me various names (and in whispers too) because I said in trade that I wanted to help him out since he had been trying to get help for a little while. Sorry about the confusion. Most of the time my posts are generally more me getting thoughts out of my head than properly explaining my point of view to folks. =) The ones in trade weren't doing it for their guilds (or at least none of them once mentioned helping out their guilds). It was all about themselves - how I was hurting them, how they were flat broke and me helping out a guy that they refused to hurt their individual pocketbooks.

After being the ONE person (wait, GG helped too. Make that two people) who went out and farmed up mats for fire resist potions for the 40 man molten cores without a word of thanks from the folks too lazy to even think about getting the potions on their own (but boy did they thank the person who took up that job after I stopped doing it), I have nothing but kind words to someone who took so much of their time and effort for a guild, much less two of them.

Ugggh, I remember those days, I was in the top horde raiding guild in classic on The Venture Co EU and when we were doing Molten Core (Raggy in particular) we would need tons of those fire res potions. Since I was one of the few herbalists who actually would work for a raiding spot I would farm dozens of stacks of herbs in the plaguelands. And in a time without flying mounts, it was not fun... My only sparkle of joy now and then was finding a black lotus. But it did buy me a reserved spot (which meant little for me, because I was one of the three resto druids, so I pretty much got it anyhow). Yea, back in those days it was a dedicated dozen or so people who would keep the entire 40 man raids going.

And damn that hunter who accidentally pulled Raggy after we just drank our potions. That cost a fortune back then... Smile
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by Crusader - 07-22-2010, 08:10 AM